Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve studied that cave sequence over and over and it still puzzles me and at the same time makes me concern about what Kylo said her parents are nothing because when she said “ show me my parents “ the distance showed two silhouettes approaching her and then as they got closer they formed one image that looked like Kylo but when it stopped , it was her .

So was the darkside trying to trick Rey into thinking Rey had no parents? Or they really didn’t matter like Kylo said. And when Kylo made Rey admit herself that her parents were nothing reminds me when Vader said to Luke saying he was luke’s father and Luke said No, that’s not true..that’s impossible...Vader said search your feelings you know it be true . And obvious we know now that Vader was his father and deep down Luke knew, I guess it really doesn’t matter who Rey’s parents were because the force is not passed on .

Because you look at Anakin’s supposedly slave mom

The logic is getting too twisted :slap

I don’t know if it’s getting twisted (though I think that long term continuitywas not a priority of Johnson) or if it it is yet another case of “a certain point of view.”

Kylo’s info is based on his reading Rey’s mind. Exactly what Rey recalls is not entirely clear. We know from the TFA vision that she remembers (or observed) that she was abandoned to slavery/servitude on Jakku. We know, or can assume, that the people on that ship she saw abandoning her were degenerates. Do we know they were her parents? According to Kylo, based on Rey’s 4 year old memories.

I’m not advocating for anything - just saying there is ample wiggle room in the narrative.

I don’t know if it’s getting twisted (though I think that long term continuitywas not a priority of Johnson) or if it it is yet another case of “a certain point of view.”

Kylo’s info is based on his reading Rey’s mind. Exactly what Rey recalls is not entirely clear. We know from the TFA vision that she remembers (or observed) that she was abandoned to slavery/servitude on Jakku. We know, or can assume, that the people on that ship she saw abandoning her were degenerates. Do we know they were her parents? According to Kylo, based on Rey’s 4 year old memories.

I’m not advocating for anything - just saying there is ample wiggle room in the narrative.

Yeah I guess, but the choice of words Kylo used.. “ Sold her off for drinking money “ is odd if he was reading her mind.

Kylo is actually a unique character. The way he phrases things is so unusual .. when he said “ Let the past die “

Could he be the balance between the light and darkside.

Also even Maz in TFA knew who Rey was waiting for wasn’t coming back but then she told Rey but there is someone who could, but Rey said Luke but I wonder if Maz meant Kylo :dunno

I mean...Kylo is a cosplaying school-shooter with a weird uncle. I love Adam Driver’s portrayal but I think there’s three miles of bad road to completely 180 him in one movie. I think he might get the last-minute sacrifice play but it’s ultimate relevance will be debatable. Especially with Snoke’s role in his corruption seeming eliminated.

Of the concepts introduced in TFA I’m less interested in the Knights of Ren than the idea that Kylo was communing with Anakin’s/Vader’s force entity.

The Art of The Force Awakens book goes into some detail about how Anakin's force ghost was going to play a fairly key role in TFA and then the concept was abandoned...it would be great I think if this was revisited in IX. Kylo Ren himself is barely a villain in the traditional good versus evil sense...he really does come across as just a unique conflicted character that could really end up being just about anything in the grand scheme of the over-all mythology...

Nice upcoming cover art for the TLJ comic adaptation! (Too bad the interiors ain't so great)

STWTLJADAPT2018004_Rahzzah.jpg

I think this theme was also visited in Rogue One with Chirrut Imwe. He is an example of someone who has a strong connection to the force but was not discovered by the Jedi and taught to wield a light saber but still has the ability to do some of the amazing things that he pulls off clearly being guided by the force.

Excellent point. I think the force would come out naturally in people. We may see certain people have easier time accessing it , like Rey, while others may only have a smaller more focused ability.

They may even show the Jedi order was taking kids too young (I always thought the whole idea of Anakin being taken away horrible) and that doing so was not natural and disrupted the natural balance actually causing the dark side to rise to meet the increased light side....as Snoke says.

The whole mirror scene in TLJ , as weird as it was, to me was showing something significant about Rey...and if she was the link through time and space. I do think Rey is special, maybe not in the Midichlorian/blood relative way (which I detested from the start). Perhaps it’s more that she is the “Will of the force” and her Force abilities we’re granted to her in order to balance the coming dark from Kylo.

I do think that Kylo was conflicted. I believe he has gotten past that, and now will become very powerful, similar to the Emperor. Which is why Rey is here. It’s a balance , and the the force knows what coming with Kylo and Rey is the counter weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent point. I think the force would come out naturally in people. We may see certain people have easier time accessing it , like Rey, while others may only have a smaller more focused ability.

They may even show the Jedi order was taking kids too young (I always thought the whole idea of Anakin being taken away horrible) and that doing so was not natural and disrupted the natural balance actually causing the dark side to rise to meet the increased light side....as Snoke says.

The whole mirror scene in TLJ , as weird as it was, to me was showing something significant about Rey...and if she was the link through time and space. I do think Rey is special, maybe not in the Midichlorian/blood relative way (which I detested from the start). Perhaps it’s more that she is the “Will of the force” and her Force abilities we’re granted to her in order to balance the coming dark from Kylo.

I do think that Kylo was conflicted. I believe he has gotten past that, and now will become very powerful, similar to the Emperor. Which is why Rey is here. It’s a balance , and the the force knows what coming with Kylo and Rey is the counter weight.

This is probably the best explanation for Rey's sheer level of power that I have heard...I have a feeling that this will be explored further by Abrams in IX because it really works as a good narrative. The current Star Wars Marvel comics are really grea for the most part and are canon too. The second Darth Vader series is set right after Episode III and literally picks up as Vader is just coming into the world...in the first issue he does not even have his light saber yet. It shows how Vader meets the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels. We find out that the Inquisitor actually used to be a Jedi and part of his turn to the dark side was resentment from being taken away from his family at a young age.

I agree--from my perspective it seemed that some (most?) of the haters were and are saying "no real SW fan..." or "you're not a real fan if..." or "you are fooling yourself if..."

But I never saw anyone who liked the movie say anything remotely similar to that.
I remember a freakin' lot of times of people who didn't like a movie bein' bullied and made fun of by the majority that did. Actually, that used to be a very healthy and casual norm for SSF since day one. Guess that's how memory works for most, those who constantly act like assclows usually don't think it's a bad think.

I think Space Leia would have come across better as her pulling herself to the ship if the camera angle had been from behind her, and just have the ship getting bigger. Or something. It was mostly the flying across the screen thing that made it look off to me. I still like that Leia finally got to use the force.
Pretty much. The whole scene was done very amateurly.
I too don't have any problem with Leia usin' the Force. Heck, that should've happened in TFA, with EpVIII showing more.

Midichlorians, son.

yWusCs7o_400x400.png

Removing potential padawans from their families wasn't an issue, if it was early enough that they hadn't formed attachments. That's why Anakin was a mistake.

Nice upcoming cover art for the TLJ comic adaptation! (Too bad the interiors ain't so great)

STWTLJADAPT2018004_Rahzzah.jpg

That is really nice and from my favorite scene. Yoda's final lesson on the value of failure articulates a notion that resonates throughout the entire series. It stands outside of all the political/social distraction, hopefully.

I mean...Kylo is a cosplaying school-shooter with a weird uncle...I’m less interested in the Knights of Ren than the idea that Kylo was communing with Anakin’s/Vader’s force entity.

Warning, do not read. It might upset and offend you that someone has a different opinion.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Warning, do not read. It might upset and offend you that someone has a different opinion.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Reading comprehension, dear. I said I was interested in him communing with Vader. :dunno

Back