Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Chuck Wendig type employed at LFL

It's harder to control authors (and directors, for that matter) since they're contractors, rather than directly employed by LFL. Staff on the payroll have to abide by the company's social media code of conduct, whereas these guys don't.

Still, the best way to deal with Twitter trolls is to ignore them. Engaging with them only validates their position.

Do you call a patron in a restaurant complaining of crap in their food an "armchair chef"?

You don't need to be a professional to recognize when you've been served s***.

Yes....McDonald’s 36.4 BILLION in sales....
The food is crap...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yes....McDonald’s 36.4 BILLION in sales....
The food is crap...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

are you trying to argue that Mcdonalds is GOOD food????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

or are you cleverly comparing new star wars with processed fast food?

sraWSU7.jpg

lol I feel like whatever Star Wars does no one is going to like it. They gave darth Vader a cool lightsaber moment and people still complained .saying it was to much like a video game. They’ll never be happy. After the ST is done put it back on ice again then reboot it in 2050 when the people who grew up with ot are all old and can’t remember there name .

^I lol’d at the sudden ‘turn it up?’ at the end since I forgot/wasn’t expecting it. :lol

It's harder to control authors (and directors, for that matter) since they're contractors, rather than directly employed by LFL. Staff on the payroll have to abide by the company's social media code of conduct, whereas these guys don't.

Still, the best way to deal with Twitter trolls is to ignore them. Engaging with them only validates their position.

A very valid point, and honestly though I did share the tweets, I don’t truly believe the authors on such a long leash are such a big deal. But I don’t think a director who was directly in charge of the film should be able to do it. Luckily most folks in the film industry seem to understand this. At this point many directors have been ridiculed mercilessly (I mean just look at Zack Snyder) but I believe Rian’s the first to go down this path, and hopefully the last.

I agree it’s best to ignore the trolls. Block them if you must, but don’t make a show about it or let the other side become enraged by giving the opposite polar charge.

I assume that you're speaking for yourself as well. I remember just recently you latching onto TaliBane's post that showed that Jumanji streaming downloads exceeded TLJ downloads as if that was "proof" that most people hated TLJ when of course it proved nothing of the kind and only showed that one extremely profitable movie outsold another.

You guys seem to want to embellish the facts and spin the numbers to support your own narrative just as much (or more) than the other side.

Lol I don’t know why you make it so personal every time. I was talking about the guys at LFL, not you. I’m not on any side. You can keep calling people ‘haters’ or whatever and I played along with it for awhile by referring to myself as that in good fun, but all my issues with the movie have to do with logic holes/continuity issues, of which there are too many, beyond which I can suspend my disbelief. (I said as much in my first very laid back post on the movie, which was summarily ignored lol)

And you talking about this post?:

I love the smell of cold, hard facts in the morning.

Is that ‘latching on?’ :lol

‘I remember just recently you latching onto TaliBane's post that showed that Jumanji streaming downloads exceeded TLJ downloads as if that was "proof" that most people hated TLJ when of course it proved nothing of the kind and only showed that one extremely profitable movie outsold another.’

Really? You got all that out of my comment? I’ve never even been one of the folks who said ‘most people hate tlj’ - I’ve always maintained that it’s split almost right down the middle, with it at most being a 60/40 split towards people disliking it. Just go back a few pages from when that was posted and you’ll even find me saying that. (Though I believe this is growing slowly due to the way certain folks are acting - like you said it would be best to jettison some)

Look, you seem like you’d be a cool guy to nerd out with IRL but don’t get so involved that it becomes personal or that you have to put down the ‘other side’ constantly. If you go back to those same pages you’ll find people talking on ‘both sides’ and disagreeing as usual with no side coming towards the other, again - as usual - but remaining civil. Then your posts pop up and they’re so disparaging compared to everyone else’s, with a large focus on the vices of the commenters vs how everyone else is doing it.

I could also call you out on some things right here that go against what you just said in your last few posts but I don’t want to. I can tell you’re a decent guy overall. It’s time to let this die. Let whoever wants to hate it, hate it, and whoever wants to love it, love it. Don’t piss in each other’s Cheerios. Live and let live and stop getting defensive if you have an opposing viewpoint. If it does, grow a thicker spine. (Goes for everyone, myself included)

As a wise man once said, look to forum member’s Jaws’ posts on how to conduct yourself even when being upfront about how you really feel. :lecture

P.S. You’re wrong about everything (jk :lol)

Lol I don’t know why you make it so personal every time...Look, you seem like you’d be a cool guy to nerd out with IRL but don’t get so involved that it becomes personal or that you have to put down the ‘other side’ constantly.

Oh it isn't about being on one side vs. another, I just think it'd be nice if everyone could own up to their own BS once in a while. You struck me as one of those narrative pushers who accuses others of doing just that. But maybe I was wrong. See even when I was a mod I never asked anyone to be like me, I advised others to follow JAWS' example, lol. :duff

^I lol’d at the sudden ‘what?’ at the end since I forgot/wasn’t expecting it.

A very valid point, and honestly though I did share the tweets, I don’t truly believe the authors on such a long leash are such a big deal. But I don’t think a director who was directly in charge of the film should be able to do it. Luckily most folks in the film industry seem to understand this. At this point many directors have been ridiculed mercilessly (I mean just look at Zack Snyder) but I believe Rian’s the first to go down this path, and hopefully the last.

I agree it’s best to ignore the trolls. Block them if you must, but don’t make a show about it or let the other side become enraged by giving the opposite polar charge.

Lol I don’t know why you make it so personal every time. I was talking about the guys at LFL, not you. I’m not on any side. You can keep calling people ‘haters’ or whatever and I played along with it for awhile by referring to myself as that in good fun, but all my issues with the movie have to do with logic holes/continuity issues, of which there are too many, beyond which I can suspend my disbelief. (I said as much in my first very laid back post on the movie, which was summarily ignored lol)

And you talking about this post?:

Is that ‘latching on?’ :lol

‘I remember just recently you latching onto TaliBane's post that showed that Jumanji streaming downloads exceeded TLJ downloads as if that was "proof" that most people hated TLJ when of course it proved nothing of the kind and only showed that one extremely profitable movie outsold another.’

Really? You got all that out of my comment? I’ve never even been one of the folks who said ‘most people hate tlj’ - I’ve always maintained that it’s split almost right down the middle, with it at most being a 60/40 split towards people disliking it. Just go back a few pages from when that was posted and you’ll even find me saying that. (Though I believe this is growing slowly due to the way certain folks are acting - like you said it would be best to jettison some)

Look, you seem like you’d be a cool guy to nerd out with IRL but don’t get so involved that it becomes personal or that you have to put down the ‘other side’ constantly. If you go back to those same pages you’ll find people talking on ‘both sides’ and disagreeing as usual with no side coming towards the other, again - as usual - but remaining civil. Then your posts pop up and they’re so disparaging compared to everyone else’s, with a large focus on the vices of the commenters vs how everyone else is doing it.

I could also call you out on some things right here that go against what you just said in your last few posts but I don’t want to. I can tell you’re a decent guy overall. It’s time to let this die. Let whoever wants to hate it, hate it, and whoever wants to love it, love it. Don’t piss in each other’s Cheerios. Live and let live and stop getting defensive if you have an opposing viewpoint. If it does, grow a thicker spine. (Goes for everyone, myself included)

As a wise man once said, look to forum member’s Jaws’ posts on how to conduct yourself even when being upfront about how you really feel. :lecture

P.S. You’re wrong about everything (jk :lol)

paul feig, director of ghostusters did the same.
he got in constant fights with "trolls" on twitter. nameless, faceless people that were cursing him out

Imagine if you went outside and a homeless crazy person started yelling at you for owning a car. Would YOU yell back at him and curse him out? or just go on your way?
thats what is happening, a lot of the trolling and abuse is not even people in the US. it is trolls all over the world that want a famous director to answer to them,
Imagine that "THE DIRECTOR OF GHOST BUSTERS ACKNOWLEDGED MY TROLL!" Boyega does the same. mention his name on twitter and he will reply. (But at least Boyega doesnt curse at you)
Now add Rian Jhonson not only yelling back at hobos but yelling back at anyone that has a legit critisism of the last jedi.... that would be like him arguing with his neighbors and cursing at the mailman as well.

Oh it isn't about being on one side vs. another, I just think it'd be nice if everyone could own up to their own BS once in a while. You struck me as one of those narrative pushers who accuses others of doing just that. But maybe I was wrong. See even when I was a mod I never asked anyone to be like me, I advised others to follow JAWS' example, lol. :duff

when you were mod i never talked to you :rotfl:rotfl

Like I said, you’re wrong about everything :lol :duff

And lol, why don’t you start with the owning up to your BS thing. Then we can all take turns and go in a circle. :lol

Also if you ever feel offended by anything I post, just look into Felicity’s beautiful eyes in my avatar and let them soothe your soul :love

759b409c582494890f179ac3518fb7bf.gif

paul feig, director of ghostusters did the same.
he got in constant fights with "trolls" on twitter. nameless, faceless people that were cursing him out

Imagine if you went outside and a homeless crazy person started yelling at you for owning a car. Would YOU yell back at him and curse him out? or just go on your way?
thats what is happening, a lot of the trolling and abuse is not even people in the US. it is trolls all over the world that want a famous director to answer to them,
Imagine that "THE DIRECTOR OF GHOST BUSTERS ACKNOWLEDGED MY TROLL!" Boyega does the same. mention his name on twitter and he will reply. (But at least Boyega doesnt curse at you)
Now add Rian Jhonson not only yelling back at hobos but yelling back at anyone that has a legit critisism of the last jedi.... that would be like him arguing with his neighbors and cursing at the mailman as well.

Yeah you bring up a good point about how stupid it is to respond these faceless people - that’s a good analogy. To be one who responds means it really pushes your buttons, and when you’re famous you’ve given this rando from who knows where in the world power over you.

Just block them (silently) and move on.

And Lol, right, I forgot about Paul Feig. He’s still hoping to make a sequel... he’s gonna be hoping until he’s dead. He was a nut case. So then Rian is #2. It’s funny how it’s the 2 directors that really pushed the ‘female agenda’ in this particular way and were so sure of themselves that ended up snapping, eh?

Like how all the folks who declare themselves to be overt feminists end up being the ones who actually sexually harassed women. Almost like.. certain kinds of men... can’t be trusted..

And lol, why don’t you start with the owning up to your BS thing. Then we can all take turns and go in a circle. :lol

Also if you ever feel offended by anything I post, just look into Felicity’s beautiful eyes in my avatar and let them soothe your soul :love

759b409c582494890f179ac3518fb7bf.gif

Yeah you bring up a good point about how stupid it is to respond these faceless people - that’s a good analogy. To be one who responds means it really pushes your buttons, and when you’re famous you’ve given this rando from who knows where in the world power over you.

Just block them (silently) and move on.

And Lol, right, I forgot about Paul Feig. He’s still hoping to make a sequel... he’s gonna be hoping until he’s dead. He was a nut case. So then Rian is #2. It’s funny how it’s the 2 directors that really pushed the ‘female agenda’ in this particular way and were so sure of themselves that ended up snapping, eh?

Like how all the folks who declare themselves to be overt feminists end up being the ones who actually sexually harassed women. Almost like.. certain kinds of men... can’t be trusted..

look at Chris Hardwick over at the Walking Dead thread :lol

in here , in this forum we answer to each other because we know each other by name and avatar. we all have a reputation and a personality we can feel when posting.

What Rian and Paul do is like if you went to a youtube comment section on a video and started cursing at everyone. if they were cursing at us it would at least make sense in here. we are our own people.
on twitter people make fake accounts to insult rian twice or three times. I know because they talk about it on reddit lol. so Rian can be fighting 5 people and in reality is just the same guy

Lmao@ at that last part about him fighting 5 guys who turn out to be 1 and then talking about it on reddit. Damn, that really is sad. :lol

I almost feel like I shouldn’t be laughing at it... :lol

Lmao@ at that last part about him fighting 5 guys who turn out to be 1 and then talking about it on reddit. Damn, that really is sad. :lol

I almost feel like I shouldn’t be laughing at it... :lol

:lol:lol they do the same to Boyega. one guy will have like 5 accounts and will harass boyega with them from time to time. he thinks it is 5 people attacking him.

I think I do, hell in just the last post I conceded that JAWS is better at this than I am, lol. :D

A fine remedy for any situation. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel for the Backlash that Rian is getting, when I saw the making on blu Ray..he worked so hard on the film , it’s just a shame the end result was the fallout

How ironic that one of the mantras of TLJ was "that's how we win, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love" and yet Rian Johnson is the most reactionary and antagonistic of all SW directors. I guess he even thought Rose's advice was stupid, lol.

How ironic that one of the mantras of TLJ was "that's how we win, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love" and yet Rian Johnson is the most reactionary and antagonistic of all SW directors. I guess he even thought Rose's advice was stupid, lol.

Mark warned him constantly

I think I do, hell in just the last post I conceded that JAWS is better at this than I am, lol. :D

A fine remedy for any situation. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hottest chick in current star wars
Gets hired to die in just one movie :slap

Back