Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SlaveLeia.gif

Wow, I did not know that Hamill in TFA was literally the exact same age as Alec Guinness when he appeared in the original SW. How cool is that?? :rock

“Getting to Luke was the whole story,” he said, adding that Hamill was initially “a little resistant” to his character’s presence (or lack thereof) in the film and wondered if the big reveal at the end would seem like a joke.

Between shots on that final scene, filmed with a very small crew that had to ascend those many, many steps climbed by Rey in the film, Abrams told Rock realized something: Hamill was the same age that Alec Guinness was when he played Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The director pulled up the binary sunset scene from A New Hope on his phone as he looked at Hamill wearing those robes. “I literally started to tear up,” Abrams said.

Abrams once again on the familiarity of TFA vs. what we can expect in future Episodes:

He also said The Force Awakens needed to serve as a bridge from where the Star Wars galaxy left off and where it will go next. “It needed to establish itself as something familiar with a sense of where it’s going to a new land, which is very much what [Episodes] VIII and IX do.”

Abrams on lens flares:

“We had an idea that the future was so bright, and it just couldn’t be contained … I overdid it, and then I went further, and then the second Star Trek movie, I went nuts. We’ve all made mistakes. Mine was with light.”

Interviewer Chris Rock's request for a future Abrams project:

Since Abrams has helmed installments in both the Star Wars and Star Trek franchises to critical and box office success, Rock had a request for Abrams’ next big-budget project.

“Can you direct the Fantastic Four?” Rock asked him. “Can someone save it? I love the Fantastic Four and they keep f—ing it up!”

:lol

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: J.J. Abrams clarifies comments on Rey's parents | EW.com

According to JJ, Rey's parents are not in TFA.

https://twitter.com/theemilychi/status/721117055945150468

Or were they?

Also the EW article got updated:

UPDATE: After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

Back