Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Since Windu is dead, he probably just wants to be a force ghost.
I can see it now, Luke has a haunted castle full of force ghosts from the past movies. :lol

A man in a suit/mask will always out do a cgi creature, there's just something missing there.

But back to Khev's point of ANH and ESB having little alien content outside the cantina and Bounty Hunter scenes, well what about the Ugnaughts at Cloud City? And the fact that if Lucas and Kirshner could've gotten the Wampa to work it would've had a significant role in the Hoth scenes, none more so than how Han, Leia and 3PO manage to get to the Falcon in time.

The reason there were fewer aliens in the first 2 films was pretty much down to the fact they didn't look or behave reallistic enough for Lucas. If you remember Han was originally a green skinned alien with gills, and if you take Lucas' initial thoughts of Vader. Lucas wanted the audience to wonder if Vader was may be a robot, it was only when he got to ESB that he had the meditation chamber scene to then hint to the audience that Vader wasn't a robot.

Vader was described as a pupil of Obi-wan in ANH. Don't think many people thought he was a robot.

But back to Khev's point of ANH and ESB having little alien content outside the cantina and Bounty Hunter scenes, well what about the Ugnaughts at Cloud City? And the fact that if Lucas and Kirshner could've gotten the Wampa to work it would've had a significant role in the Hoth scenes, none more so than how Han, Leia and 3PO manage to get to the Falcon in time.

What's your point? That ESB would have been worse if Lucas and Kirshner had gotten the wampas to work? Because that's exactly my point. Thank God they didn't work.

A man in a suit/mask will always out do a cgi creature, there's just something missing there.

Lucas wanted the audience to wonder if Vader was may be a robot, it was only when he got to ESB that he had the meditation chamber scene to then hint to the audience that Vader wasn't a robot.

:chug :banana

:horror :banghead

I personally don't want ANYTHING from the PT coming into this. They already shoehorned a bunch of stuff into the OT to "connect them" and it was forced and needless. No SLJ as a Force Spirti or as a holocron please. I want this to look like the OT.

I'd rather see suits that have some minor CG tweeks than full on CG characters.

Vader was described as a pupil of Obi-wan in ANH. Don't think many people thought he was a robot.

Well Lucas thought people did, he say's so on the DVD commentary :lol:lol:lol

What's your point? That ESB would have been worse if Lucas and Kirshner had gotten the wampas to work? Because that's exactly my point. Thank God they didn't work.

My point is that Cloud city works well with the alien content (Ugnaughts), about the Wampa...... if you mean that if the original 1980 Wampa had worked? then probably as it didn't look convincing which was why they only used the Wampa's arm and a shot of the Wampa from behind. But the 1997 Wampa is far more convincing and would've worked and the only reason for not restoring the Wampa scenes in the SE was pacing.

What's with all the Ewok hate? I love the Ewoks.

Mind you, I was six when RotJ came out, but still. Still love 'em. :)

Jawas being childlike, but not childish. Ewoks being completely childish.

That's not completely fair. Wicket, and maybe Paploo (when he stole the bike) was childish, but the rest weren't. Not particularly. Logray and Chief Chirpa managed a certain level of gravitas, even. Not easy to do in a fur suit with no real lines.

And I don't really like the prequels, but SLJ was one of their better - and underused - elements. I'm not sure I'd mind him in the new movies, to be quite honest.

I'd rather see suits that have some minor CG tweeks than full on CG characters.

:exactly: The CGI should be used to blend the practical effects and make them look reallistic not totally replace them, which is where most film makers are going wrong.

Ewoks > Jedi

Why?

Little fuzzy Ewoks slaughtered heavily armed and shielded Stormtroopers in ROTJ!

Stormtroopers slaughtered lightsaber weilding Jedi Knights with O66!

Back