Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Any scene with only the Rancor looks great. Once you have to splice the two films it was not well done.

Even the Rancor eating the guard looked pretty good, they build a miniature pig for that.

In fairness, the Jabba's palace creatures did look more like something Henson's workshop would have put out than the Cantina ones. And I think that's a complement to the Jedi creatures, who were more professional looking and used more innovative technology. The Cantina monsters were great, but they were obviously kinda thrown together and rough looking.

Good point, I agree.

I like Ewoks. To this day.

Me too!

The Rancor was a sequence I expected them to re-visit when they did the SEs, I was surprised they didn't. They changed a lot of random stuff, but here's a case where it would have been justified.

Me too. I mean, it was impressive for its time, but the effects are obviously dated.

I felt the same way about a lot of the fighter scenes in the ANH SE. They changed, what, like half? And left the other half looking old and slow. Kind of jarring.

I particularly remember being very surprised that the scene where Red Leader dies wasn't changed.

I think the main point is that Jabba's palace and his henchmen weren't in the least menacing...

I suppose that's true, but it works, I think, because Luke, Leia and co. had matured to the point where Jabba WASN'T a threat.

Obviously Han thought so, but the audience was with full Jedi Knight Luke.

I don't think I've articulated this line of thought very well, but suffice it to say that I have no problem whatsoever with Jabba and the gang. :)

Luke in the Rancor's hand was terrible.

477NI.jpg

I felt the same way about a lot of the fighter scenes in the ANH SE. They changed, what, like half? And left the other half looking old and slow. Kind of jarring.

I particularly remember being very surprised that the scene where Red Leader dies wasn't changed.

It's funny because I feel that the SE CGI now looks dated.

Hope they resurrect Jabba, Just wont be the same with out the Slug.

Jabba's dead and was blown in to a thousand pieces when his sail barge exploded, but he's got a son (Stinky) and his chief henchman Boba Fett are still alive in the George Lucas canon.:hi5:

Jabba's dead and was blown in to a thousand pieces when his sail barge exploded, but he's got a son (Stinky) and his chief henchman Boba Fett are still alive in the George Lucas canon.:hi5:

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: Though I'm not sure how the OT OCDs will accept it. :lol

Casting is only done during pre-production, and that only begins after a director is choosen.

If you ever hear a rumor of a star attached to a film before a director is choosen it's BS. That stuff only happens when someone like Tom Cruise owns the script and wants to star in the film.

Back