Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

rick_1.png
just quit Lucasfilm today.

How is Lucas gonna keep his hands warm without McCallum's ass to puppet?

IGN:

His retirement from Lucasfilm was actually revealed quietly last month, the same week that the Disney purchase was announced. Lucasfilm's director of fan relations, Steve Sansweet, announced it on the ForceCast.net podcast... which really seems like a kind of s#!tty way to say goodbye to the guy. Say what you will about the prequel films, but the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (where McCallum began his working relationship with Lucas) was great stuff. Also, he was a swell guy to chat with and an ambassador for Star Wars for many years.

Man, this is getting better and better. I really hope all his good news leads so something special and that were not in the same place 10 years from now looking back on ST as we do the PT.

Man, this is getting better and better. I really hope all his good news leads so something special and that were not in the same place 10 years from now looking back on ST as we do the PT.

Wouldnt it be funny if all the fans who love the PT more than the OT ended up hating the Sequel Trilogy, and all the OT people loved it?

I can hear all the hate now, "Disney destroyed my childhood", etc...

No matter what, it's impossible to please everyone.

As it is now, I'm not fond of the PT, but my childhood memories are still safe.

That would be so beautiful. :monkey2

Yeah that would be great, but aside from kids under 9yrs old I don't really know any fans that speak highly of the PT.

When the blu ray came out I thought for sure that AOTC could at least MAYBE some how look a little and I do mean a little better, but it looked worse lmao...

But TPM does look good on blu ray, ROTS follows but AOTC is crap as usual but with the crap being a lot clearer to irritate you more .....

BRING ON THE NEXT TRILOGY :rock

wouldn't be even funnier if in a few years, WE are singing the praises of the old days (prequel trilogy) after enduring Han jr. and his crazy princess mom...

Heres a small article on it.

https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/producer-rick-mccallum-has-quietly-retired-from-lucasfilm-20121126

I thought this little blurb was interesting.

The reasons for his departure were not confirmed, but given that in May of this year, McCallum was still highly involved in the developing “Star Wars” TV series -- a project which he excitedly described as “'Deadwood' in space” -- one can only assume there has been a renovation in the company's agenda with Kathleen Kennedy now steering the ship.

:lol

Check out the video at the bottom too.

If Gary Kurtz comes back then no more midichlorians :blissy:blissy:blissy
:yess: :yess: :rock :rock

Well, history is always revisional, but sometimes reading the what ifs releated to Star Wars are almost as interesting as the movies themselves.
So true! :lecture

McCallum is out! I'm starting to think Disney knows exactly what was wrong with the PT and is cleaning house.
:exactly:

He did seem like a decent chap in interviews etc, though..

Check out the video at the bottom too.
That was excellent - I loved that, thanks for posting it Fiend! :hi5:

Kazanjian also said to Uncle George back in the day, that Return Of The Jedi was a weak title.

He got the bird on that one. :lol

It's hard to believe McCallum's firing, excuse me, voluntary retirement didn't get reported until now. He was the ultimate 'yes man' and the polar opposite of Gary Kurtz.

Interesting clip.

Listening to Kasdan talk about how "it's Luke trilogy" a few things occur to me.

Luke in SW and Empire is a character that I can connect to. There's a coming of age story in the first film and a facing destiny story in the second. But in Jedi Luke was very detached and as an audience member it was hard to care about what happened to him.

Anyhow, in the next one Luke needs to follow Alec Guinness's example. Even with all he force mumbo jumbo Guinness created a fatherly character that you could care about.

BTW - I imagine Luke will have a student who will do the lightsaber action stuff, but can we please call him 'student'? Student is OT. Or Pupil. Padwan is PT and lame. Youngling is another word that needs to go away. And midiclorians.

BTW - I imagine Luke will have a student who will do the lightsaber action stuff, but can we please call him 'student'? Student is OT. Or Pupil. Padwan is PT and lame. Youngling is another word that needs to go away. And midiclorians.

Hear hear and for the love of God no Luke communing with the ghost of Haydakin Skywalker!

"Youngling" is so stupid. Anakin even referred to killing the tusken raider "women and children." It wasn't horrible as a Yoda term but when Obi-Wan and Padme started throwing the word around in ROTS I couldn't help but cringe.

Back