Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

He was the ultimately 'Yes man.' Hope they door didn't hit him on the way out. Good riddance I say to a useless producer

He wasn't just a "yes man" when it came to George's stupid ideas though. He went on record as saying some of the extra Special Edition scenes like showing Oola fall into the Rancor pit were his idea.

I hope he's never heard from again......hate that guy, cause he's partly responsible for turning star wars into a mediocre joke

Hear hear and for the love of God no Luke communing with the ghost of Haydakin Skywalker!

"Youngling" is so stupid. Anakin even referred to killing the tusken raider "women and children." It wasn't horrible as a Yoda term but when Obi-Wan and Padme started throwing the word around in ROTS I couldn't help but cringe.

I always assumed "youngling" referred to student the very young student Jedi who had yet to be assigned as a Padawan learner to a Jedi. But then I am not a SW scholar. ie Master>Knight>Padawan>Youngling. :cuckoo:

So you thought "youngling" was the term for "Jedi children prior to being a field padawan?" Interesting. I guess I can't think of any non-Jedi kids referred to as younglings. You may be on to something.

I always assumed "youngling" referred to student the very young student Jedi who had yet to be assigned as a Padawan learner to a Jedi. But then I am not a SW scholar. ie Master>Knight>Padawan>Youngling. :cuckoo:

:exactly: Some people are blinded by their own trolling, or the tissue in their eyes, soaking up the tittybaby tears. :lol

Well whomever maintains the "wookieepedia" website seems to think that youngling refers to all children, not just Jedi. Regardless it's a PT term that I'd like to see retired for the new trilogy.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Youngling

scifi.about.com states that it's a term for "Jedi initiate" as well as the general term for little kids in SW. But if it's only used in the actual movies to refer to the Jedi kids that's a lot easier to stomach.

https://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsglossaryandfaq/a/Star-Wars-Glossary-Youngling.htm

Well whomever maintains the "wookieepedia" website seems to think that youngling refers to all children, not just Jedi. Regardless it's a PT term that I'd like to see retired for the new trilogy.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Youngling

scifi.about.com states that it's a term for "Jedi initiate" as well as the general term for little kids in SW. But if it's only used in the actual movies to refer to the Jedi kids that's a lot easier to stomach.

https://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsglossaryandfaq/a/Star-Wars-Glossary-Youngling.htm

I don't recall Luke or Leia being called younglings during the delivery scene by Yoda or Obi Wan.

I don't recall Luke or Leia being called younglings during the delivery scene by Yoda or Obi Wan.

Me neither. Like I said, regardless of any EU dictionaries if it wasn't spelled out on screen I'm totally fine with you and pixletwin's supposition that it's only meant to denote Jedi initiates. :duff

I'll accept that definition of youngling being a preschool jedi if it means I don't have to hear it again in the new movies. Makes me cringe.

Han Solo would say 'kid' or 'junior', not 'youngling'.

Younglings term was probably used to make Anakin's slaughter seem brutal and disturbing.

As if killing kids sounds any less horrible. :lol

I always interpreted it as "younglings" being the youngest of the Jedi order. Those just beginning their training. Referring to all young as that is kinda dumb.

Younglings term was probably used to make Anakin's slaughter seem brutal and disturbing.

As if killing kids sounds any less horrible. :lol

They were called "younglings" in AOTC, so I doubt that was the case. I don't think Lucas thinks that far in advance, story-wise. :lol

I always interpreted it as "younglings" being the youngest of the Jedi order. Those just beginning their training. Referring to all young as that is kinda dumb.

Good point, George definitely wouldn't have scripted anything that was kinda dumb. ;)

If Disney is going to continue the films, I would like to see the Shadows Of The Empire saga be done before anything else.

Mara Jade needs to be put in the mix as well. I would love to see how Hollywood would get to play her. So many possibilities.

I'll accept that definition of youngling being a preschool jedi if it means I don't have to hear it again in the new movies. Makes me cringe.

Han Solo would say 'kid' or 'junior', not 'youngling'.

Great, youngling... don't get cocky.

If Disney is going to continue the films, I would like to see the Shadows Of The Empire saga be done before anything else.

Mara Jade needs to be put in the mix as well. I would love to see how Hollywood would get to play her. So many possibilities.

That's EU garbage. :lecture

It's already been announced as episode 7.

Shadows falls between Empire and Jedi, so that doesn't seem likely.

Honestly I'm tired of seeing them try to shoehorn stories between episode _ and _. No more retconning! "But this is the story where Anakin looses his Padwan braid" I DON'T CARE. Turn the page.

And regarding the post-ROTJ EU, it was fun for a while because it stood in for a bunch of films we thought Lucas had given up on. But now they are happening and all of that stuff is about to become outside cannon. Mara Jade, adios.

Back