Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I wonder if Ford felt that way about Solo the whole time, or if it was just Jedi that pissed him off.

I think it really was just Jedi. He wasn't signed on to do any sequels after ANH and he only agreed if George would make him a more dashing and central character in ESB, which George did. But once Ford was signed on for the trilogy Lucas let his character take a back seat in ROTJ.

He really did nothing cool in the entire movie except for that one second where he shot the stormtrooper in the face. In ESB he was daring and defiant on Hoth, ingenious too when he used Luke's saber to slice up the tauntaun and then made fools out of entire Imperial fleets as he alluded them impossibly causing star destroyers to crash into each other and into asteroids. He was the one badass to ever pull a gun on Vader, take a swing at Lando, and got frozen with his scoundrel's dignity intact.

Then in ROTJ he's the princess being rescued, takes out Fett through literal blind luck, doesn't do anything cool in the Falcon, steps on sticks when sneaking up on cannon fodder troopers only to be ***** slapped onto his ass, gets tied up by teddy bears, and walks into the Imperial bunker because a little ball of fur did all the heavy lifting for him outside. He then cowers in a corner the entire Endor fight and looks like a dope when he thinks Leia loves Luke. I think all that really killed the character for him.

I think it really was just Jedi. He wasn't signed on to do any sequels after ANH and he only agreed if George would make him a more dashing and central character in ESB, which George did. But once Ford was signed on for the trilogy Lucas let his character take a back seat in ROTJ.

He really did nothing cool in the entire movie except for that one second where he shot the stormtrooper in the face. In ESB he was daring and defiant on Hoth, ingenious too when he used Luke's saber to slice up the tauntaun and then made fools out of entire Imperial fleets as he alluded them impossibly causing star destroyers to crash into each other and into asteroids. He was the one badass to ever pull a gun on Vader, take a swing at Lando, and got frozen with his scoundrel's dignity intact.

Then in ROTJ he's the princess being rescued, takes out Fett through literal blind luck, doesn't do anything cool in the Falcon, steps on sticks when sneaking up on cannon fodder troopers only to be ***** slapped onto his ass, gets tied up by teddy bears, and walks into the Imperial bunker because a little ball of fur did all the heavy lifting for him outside. He then cowers in a corner the entire Endor fight and looks like a dope when he thinks Leia loves Luke. I think all that really killed the character for him.

Nailed it!! :goodpost:

That badass got to grab Leia's boob on camera.

Nailed it!! :goodpost:

Was even to bad@ss to say I love you to leia, although George had written it out for him to say I love u too.. Luckily it was changed, but does kind of come full circle when princess Han is at the shield generator and leia flips the script on him ... Oh leia, I'd stil nail carrie fisher to this day, fanboys style .....................

I'm interested to see if they allow for all new characters with a small helping of the old to provide continuity or if we'll see "____ Solo" and "_____ Skywalker" with their friends "_______ Calrissian" and their faithful droids the upgraded C4P-0 and R3-D3.

It's exciting but there is so much that can go wrong here...

I'm interested to see if they allow for all new characters with a small helping of the old to provide continuity or if we'll see "____ Solo" and "_____ Skywalker" with their friends "_______ Calrissian" and their faithful droids the upgraded C4P-0 and R3-D3.

It's exciting but there is so much that can go wrong here...

They have gotta have more brains then that, if they pull that kinda jazz out of the bag they might as well get jimmidy cricket to sing "I wish upon a Death Star" R2 is the shiZz he saves everyone in every episode. If it wasn't for that little astromech there would be no Star Wars, NEVER replace Artoo, they can get away with keeping him ongoing, 3po on the other hand, well as much as his whining & moaning like a kid with a skimmed knee, what's one without the other really, plus it's not like they haven't tried b4' ......... R4, K-3PO, need I go on :lecture I think they will do better then ep 1-3 but how much better time will reveal.....

She's like Jabba now, but she was cute as **** back in the day:

196336d1246638103-carrie-fisher-unknown-shoot-white-shirt-grey-skirt-red-shirt-red-pants-sideboob-cf-3-.jpg

I'd still nail her.... I'd just squint my eyes and then set my blaster to stun, wouldn't wanna have little fishers popping out in 9months time :cuckoo: thanks for the pic man I ripped it :lol :hi5:

I'd still nail her.... I'd just squint my eyes and then set my blaster to stun, wouldn't wanna have little fishers popping out in 9months time :cuckoo: thanks for the pic man I ripped it :lol :hi5:

i wonder how many people reading this thread just right clicked and saved this photo. For childhood's sake and leia probably giving guys here their first boners wearing that metal bikini and all... to rub one out to.

...i know i just did!

i wonder how many people reading this thread just right clicked and saved this photo.

...i know i just did!

Also did. I probably already have that pic somewhere on my computer but **** it :D

From a 2010 interview with Gary Kurtz:

Quote:
“We had an outline [for Return of the Jedi] and George changed everything in it,” Kurtz said. “Instead of bittersweet and poignant he wanted a euphoric ending with everybody happy. The original idea was that they would recover [the kidnapped] Han Solo in the early part of the story and that he would then die in the middle part of the film in a raid on an Imperial base. George then decided he didn’t want any of the principals killed. By that time there were really big toy sales and that was a reason.”

The discussed ending of the film that Kurtz favored presented the rebel forces in tatters, Leia grappling with her new duties as queen and Luke walking off alone “like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns,” as Kurtz put it.

Kurtz said that ending would have been a more emotionally nuanced finale to an epic adventure than the forest celebration of the Ewoks that essentially ended the trilogy with a teddy bear luau.

He was especially disdainful of the Lucas idea of a second Death Star, which he felt would be too derivative of the 1977 film. “So we agreed that I should probably leave.”

It would have been interesting to see Han die in the Shield Generator raid and then Luke and Leia parting company sans "teddy bear luau."

No.....reading that I'm glad Kurtz and Ford didn't get their way. :dunno
Depressing and I don't think in a good way. If the reason not to do it was really that George didn't want to negatively affect toy sales then, sure, thats the wrong reason not to do it - but I really think it would have been silly, for lack of a better word, to rescue him and then kill him almost immediately. And then the rest of the film would play out in a really downbeat way. I don't think the OT needed that.

Last edited:

From a 2010 interview with Gary Kurtz:

It would have been interesting to see Han die in the Shield Generator raid and then Luke and Leia parting company sans "teddy bear luau." :lol

I dunno, that only seemed marginally better than the Ewok Woodstock.

Starting to get excited.

/need to check emotions at the door.

While I do believe that ROTJ was the beginning of a downward spiral in SW quality I agree that the film would not have benefited from Han dying. Spending 40 minutes rescuing him only to have him die a little while later might fly in The Walking Dead or a Tarantino film but not so much in Star Wars.

Only character i really would like to see is Luke as a cameo. The others while good, not so much.

Really wonder where they're going to take this story-wise. It's gotta be good right? It's gotta be better than the prequels? I mean, it HAS to be right? When you really think about it. (second chance anyone?)

All it needs is a few decent actors, real sets, actors playing troopers and not be boring and it'll be better than the prequels. It really won't take much.

All it needs is a few decent actors, real sets, actors playing troopers and not be boring and it'll be better than the prequels. It really won't take much.

I like that line of thinking.

We better get more scientific explanations for things in the Star Wars universe. Midichlorians were the best thing about the PT.

Back