Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Every day that passes, I get more and more excited for this. I'd love to see it done 40 years after RotJ. Luke Skywalker is an older, wiser Jedi and much like Lucas/Hamill discussed 35 years ago, Luke would by have a cameo of sorts. I think a role as large as Obi-Wan had in ESB and RotJ would suffice. I'd like them to focus on the present situation of the galaxy and not dwell too much on the past. That way, we don't waste time dwelling on either the PT or OT and they don't piss on the EU. If you don't like the EU, use your own imagination to fill the gaps. If you like the EU, these wont mess it up to the extent I think the PT did with some of the EU (Boba Fett's origin).

I really cant understand Harrison turning this down i dont think he would. This is his biggest chance of a come back at 70, and why would he turn down star wars look at some of the crap he as done this last 20 years...

I really cant understand Harrison turning this down i dont think he would. This is his biggest chance of a come back at 70, and why would he turn down star wars look at some of the crap he as done this last 20 years...

Some of the crap. Emphasis on "some." Unlike Hamill and Fisher, Ford has had a long successful career in movies since his days as Han Solo. He's over it. He has no interest in returning. I think we just need to accept that. I highly doubt he'll return.

On the plus side if Harrison doesn't return then ROTJ Han is the worst his character will have ever gotten. Based on KOTC that might be a good thing. ;)

A few things that have popped into my head though:

1. Disney bought Marvel Studios yet Paramount still distributes the films and gets to display it's logo as we saw with The Avengers and the IM3 trailer. So it's *possible* that they'll work out a similar deal with Fox so we can still have that iconic opening logo and fanfare.

2. Episode VII can take place 30 years after ROTJ with an older Luke Skywalker and yet still "canonize" the Zahn trilogy with a simple reference in the opening scroll ("After the Emperor was destroyed Luke Skywalker put down the last remnants of the Empire led by Admiral Thrawn and has begun rebuilding the Jedi Order. Now a new threat is poised to...") or an offhand comment by a character in the tradition of similar statements in the OT referencing off screen events like the bounty hunter on Ord Mandell and Lando's maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab. "I thought you said that once the Emperor was gone the galaxy would never know war again," "Yeah well Admiral Thrawn changed my mind," etc.

3. If George really does follow through with his original concept of a past villain being frozen and then unfrozen in the Sequel Trilogy then I actually think it would be awesome if they used Darth Malgus. If I understand correctly he was the first Sith who ever overpowered the Jedi at the peak of their power. How awesome for him to manifest and have an aging Luke Skywalker (who possibly dies at the hands of Malgus) and his new recruits actually put down the Jedi Order's greatest foe once and for all.

On the plus side if Harrison doesn't return then ROTJ Han is the worst his character will have ever gotten. Based on KOTC that might be a good thing. ;)

Agreed.

Wonder what they'll do if Hamill and Fisher sign on but not Ford? That's if this direction the films are alleged to be going in is true. If it is the case Lando could appear too!

Either way I'm wrapped to be getting more Star Wars.

Agreed.

Wonder what they'll do if Hamill and Fisher sign on but not Ford? That's if this direction the films are alleged to be going in is true. If it is the case Lando could appear too!

Either way I'm wrapped to be getting more Star Wars.

I hope Lando is there with his babe, blaster and a cool six pack of Colt 45

One of the major flaws from the prequels (among many) is the redundant cameos of established characters (Boba Fett, Chewbacca, C-3PO etc)

I hope this new chapter limits the amount of returning characters.

I'd be happy for Luke in a limited role. Perhaps a small cameo from Leia, the droids and that's it.

......maybe an aged Admiral Ackbar because who doesnt want more Ackbar :p

Keep it fresh.

Solid news should come out for this in a year and a half.
For now,all speculation comes with a tasty grain of salt :)
The hype machine began last week...this is the fun time of soaking it all up.
In the end...WHO would have anticipated a NEW Star Wars trilogy in OUR lifetime....AGAIN?

UNREAL!!!!!

so it will played more then 50 years after ROTJ.. and the old cast should come back.. love it !

Solid news should come out for this in a year and a half.
For now,all speculation comes with a tasty grain of salt :)
The hype machine began last week...this is the fun time of soaking it all up.
In the end...WHO would have anticipated a NEW Star Wars trilogy in OUR lifetime....AGAIN?

UNREAL!!!!!
:exactly: Can't wait for the good, the bad - & the ugly. :lecture :lol

Good times. :yess:

UNREAL!!!!!

Well...in our lifetime, yes I would have. I wasn't anticipating it in what remains of George Lucas's lifetime though.

Just occurred to me, Glennfett's statement may have been spoken on behalf of age groups older than me.

Crazy to think that the entire new trilogy will be released when I'm in my forties.

Can't wait to see Luke in Jedi robes AND get a figure of him!! :rock

Maybe Hot Toys having the license PRIOR to film release means they can somehow work out a massive "Avengers-style" push of 7-8 Episode VII figures in time for 2015. Probably not since they seem to only be able to rehash Sideshow releases but we can hope. :)

Last edited:

I'm relieved the history lesson is finally over. I'm sick of the clone wars era. I'm glad there's finally going to be a sequel to ROTJ. I'd prefer to see Han, Luke and Leia again, even if they are supporting cast.

I'm relieved the history lesson is finally over. I'm sick of the clone wars era. I'm glad there's finally going to be a sequel to ROTJ. I'd prefer to see Han, Luke and Leia again, even if they are supporting cast.

Yep. The movies survived just fine for over 20 years without that "backstory" of the prequels. I don't hate the PT but I wonder how Episodes IV-IX will play without them. Looking forward to finding out. :rock

Back