Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've kept the original Windows desktop on my laptop since I got it, but I just replaced it with that shot of the downed X-Wing and Star Destroyer.

So much to see, so much to talk about.

Was that Luke with cybernetic hand and R2D2? Was that Serkis on the stage with the watching Stormies V.2? Was that Rose handing the lightsaber over to Leia?

Sweet trailer, but it just makes me all the more worried that the "classic gang" (Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie) will just be small parts in the movie, with most of it focusing on these new people we have never met before.

Sweet trailer, but it just makes me all the more worried that the "classic gang" (Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie) will just be small parts in the movie, with most of it focusing on these new people we have never met before.

it would be ok with me.. totally ok.. its a new trilogy .. so a fade over to new cast is actually to expected

Best way IMO. Aslong as the old gang help drive the story forward then I'm happy with that.

The best parts of the trailer were the downed star destroyer and han and chewie at the end....seeing vaders burnt mask was cool too.

Well yeah, the old gang is not going to be part of this franchise for very long. It's all about the new kids...that's why the cast is very young, so they can carry the franchise for the next 10 years. Do you really want to see an 80 year old Han and Luke in his 70's? They might do some prequels with young actors playing those roles though, but I don't expect the original cast to be the center of attention.

I would think that the focus on the new film(s) IS going to be the new cast of characters. The classic gang had three movies dedicated to them and their story. The time has come to pass the torch…err…lightsaber and for the Star Wars story to continue on in this timeline that takes place many many years after the downfall of the Empire in Return of the Jedi. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie will help to make the bridge methinks…which, IMO is just perfect.

I had hoped the original crew played a central role in this first one...(kind of their and our last hurrah)...then pass the torch to the new guys in Ep.8.

Back