Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I'm all cool with mods to the falcon. In 30 years there's no way Han and Chewie wouldn't do a thing to it. That's what they do... Tinker and upgrade. The quad cannons are Han and Chewie mods. The dish they had in the OT was a mod from stock, and that got smashed off during the Death Star 2 run. That's what makes the falcon so great... It's a hodgepodge.

Yeah it's like a Rat Bike, badass but put together from shop parts.

Lando ****ed up in ROTJ, don't ya remember the scene where they enter the DSII and he says that was too close. Look closely radar dish gets knocked off...

mfxdish.jpg

Tada...

So blame Lando...

But... he's black. I can't put blame on a black man. I'd be seen as racist!

[h=3]Oscar Isaac Talks Episode 7, the Original Cast, Recent Leaks, and More.[/h]

Star Wars Episode 7 star Oscar Isaac had a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly regarding the past few films he’s been in, the forthcoming A Most Violent Year, and – you guessed it – how it felt to sink his feet into the Star Wars universe.

Entertainment Weekly: Is being in something as high-profile as Star Wars affecting the kinds of decisions you’re making about your own career going forward?

Oscar Isaac: I’ve never been good at those kinds of calculations. It’s more like, if I get something and I read it and I think that there is something to do here or it’s different in some way or, like, that’s a psyche I’d like to inhabit—it’s more about that. It’s impossible to know what you’re going to get, you know? That’s how I look at it.

EW: Have you had much interactions with the original trio of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill on or off-screen?

Isaac: Yeah, I have. Both. They’re such funny people. Carrie is hilarious and doing such cool work. Harrison is back. He went on hiatus for a little while, but he’s 150 percent back. It’s pretty amazing to see him bounce back. He looks incredible. Everyone’s having a really good time. J.J. sets that tone. There’s a lot of enthusiasm and it’s being done with a lot of heart. There’s nothing cynical about the way we’re doing this. Even the in way he’s shooting it—he’s shooting on film and actually building the sets, so you’ve got hundreds of Stormtroopers or whatever, and hundreds of extras and all the ships. You actually see it. It’s all real. Everyone can interact with the world.

EW: What do you think of this culture of leaked photos from set and this insatiable hunger for specific details about this new installment?

Isaac: People want to know all those special things and when those iconic moments are going to happen, but if all that gets revealed beforehand I feel like it robs people of that moment when they’re sitting there watching it for the first time.

EW: The original Star Wars, of which you’ve said you’re a big fan, are filled with cheesy lines and dialogue which the actors have not shied away from criticizing over the years. How does this compare?

Isaac: Yeah. [Laughs] I’m constantly looking for a cheesy line to say to harken back to the old ones. No, what they’re trying to do and what’s really great is J.J.’s been loosening it up a little bit and trying to make it alive and energized. It’s not formal. They’re messy, energized people. We’ve all intentionally tried to do that. Just make it a little more fiery and messy.

EW: What do you think of this culture of leaked photos from set and this insatiable hunger for specific details about this new installment?

Isaac: People want to know all those special things and when those iconic moments are going to happen, but if all that gets revealed beforehand I feel like it robs people of that moment when they’re sitting there watching it for the first time.

Word:lecture

Or you can enjoy 2 years + of speculation and general Star Wars celebration in anticipation of a 2 hour movie that may disappoint.
:lol

:exactly: :lol
Though in all fairness, while nothing will ever achieve our nostalgic expectations of coming close to the OT, the bar is still pretty low to be better than the PT. :lol

Agreed Rory & Nam. :lol

I must say though, I don't want to look at too much, myself.. going forward.

I like to engage in a little self imposed austerity where needed to fuel my anticipation & make it last between now & then. :lol

I love this shot but I get the feeling that old Solo is gonna toss the keys to some youngster and say "here kid, take my ride".

I could see that happening too...

hopefully they will have him still be the bad ass, ballsy Han who will do it on his own. Betting one of the younger ones will help him though. :lol

Back