Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I can't wait for the reactions when Ewoks are revealed in E7. :lol

082_stream.jpg

I hate to be pessimistic but I have zero hopes for a new Star Wars. I think the reason the OT was so wonderful has a lot to do with being a child, being nieve and not having the Internet to dissect every second of film.
Today's technology has crippled storytelling and there is hardly any new ideas in cinema, everything seems to be borrowed or stolen from the new "it" project. I really hope the characters we love are not destroyed like Vader in the PT. I wish I could get a labodamy to erase Haden and Jacobs acting from my brain.
sent from my R2 unit

Thundercats. :rotfl

I hate to be pessimistic but I have zero hopes for a new Star Wars. I think the reason the OT was so wonderful has a lot to do with being a child, being nieve and not having the Internet to dissect every second of film.
Today's technology has crippled storytelling and there is hardly any new ideas in cinema, everything seems to be borrowed or stolen from the new "it" project. I really hope the characters we love are not destroyed like Vader in the PT. I wish I could get a labodamy to erase Haden and Jacobs acting from my brain.
sent from my R2 unit

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

I can live with ewoks (figuratively, I bet they smell), Gungans, fat CG cows, all sorts of silly ****. What I can't live with is an incredibly badly conceived and executed cartoon sequence with an iconic robot (3PO) losing his head and all his credibility as a character, for the sake of cheap unentertaining jokes. That has to be the lowest point of any Star Wars project of anytime, and yes, I have the xmas special on dvd. Attack Of The Clones take a bow.

:lol

i totally agree.

I can live with ewoks (figuratively, I bet they smell), Gungans, fat CG cows, all sorts of silly ****. What I can't live with is an incredibly badly conceived and executed cartoon sequence with an iconic robot (3PO) losing his head and all his credibility as a character, for the sake of cheap unentertaining jokes. That has to be the lowest point of any Star Wars project of anytime, and yes, I have the xmas special on dvd. Attack Of The Clones take a bow.

:lol

I had read how "great" and "wonderful" the opening for RotS was from critics (compared it to the opening of RotLa!) and it was just painfully bad. R2 vs Battle Droids (whose intelligence seemed to decrease with every movie), the lame banter between Anakin/Obi, and the dumb uninteresting cartoon space battle with the awkwardly placed live action Jedi in their cockpits. Yeah, that places right up there for 3PO's head switcheroo.

I had read how "great" and "wonderful" the opening for RotS was from critics (compared it to the opening of RotLa!) and it was just painfully bad. R2 vs Battle Droids (whose intelligence seemed to decrease with every movie), the lame banter between Anakin/Obi, and the dumb uninteresting cartoon space battle with the awkwardly placed live action Jedi in their cockpits. Yeah, that places right up there for 3PO's head switcheroo.

image.png

I found the opening of ROTS infuriating. Instead of an actual dogfight, we get lame-*** buzz droids....and a Jedi who forgets he has force powers to push them off. :thud:

The only good dogfight sequence in the whole PT was the asteroid field chase in AOTC.

While the ROTS opening wasn't as spectacular as the OT dogfights it sure as hell wasn't as bad as AOTC 3PO's antics. :lol

In fact I found the chemistry in Anakin/Obi-wan's banter to actually be reminiscent of some of the interactions from the OT.

In fact I found the chemistry in Anakin/Obi-wan's banter to actually be reminiscent of some of the interactions from the OT.

I found it to be awkward and disjointed, like the two were filming their scenes at completely different times...which they most likely were.

I remember being impressed with the visuals of the opening battle in Sith.

But watch it again, there is actually no battle, just those stupid little droids.

Star Trek the Motion Picture had more exciting battles. :lol

I remember being impressed with the visuals of the opening battle in Sith.

But watch it again, there is actually no battle, just those stupid little droids.

Star Trek the Motion Picture had more exciting battles. :lol

Ouch! :rotfl

It's fighting for the sake of fighting. On par with Transformers.

I do. But Bay knows it's stupid, and Lucas doesn't. there's a difference.

Exactly, may be if Anakin had been a bit of a whiner at the beginning of AotC and their friendship developed through the film. But no Lucas thought it was better to have Anakin be a bratty little **** and push the pathetic love story with his embarressing dialogue.

Exactly, may be if Anakin had been a bit of a whiner at the beginning of AotC and their friendship developed through the film. But no Lucas thought it was better to have Anakin be a bratty little **** and push the pathetic love story with his embarressing dialogue.

Luke is just as much a bratty little ***** in ESB. :dunno

Back