Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Great little petition - well put together. :duff

The used universe was a big factor in the OT - sure, & an enormous part of the charm.. but the PT was obviously a different time, so they can't really fault Uncle George for that. :lol

Everything else though - money. :lecture

Um.... So for cute he uses Jar Jar (who was annoying) and Han stepping over Jabba (which was kinda badass) vs. Ewoks? :lol

Cute as in (attempted) humor, not necessarily cute as in furry/cuddly.

Ugnaughts were wee and cute... come to think of it so are Jawas.

It just goes to prove my point that most PT haters ignore the fact that it all started with Jedi. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I'm of the opinion TESB turned out great in spite of George. It was the last film George worked on where there was real collaboration. Kirsh and Kurtz won an argument every once in a while against Lucas and it shows.

I'm of the opinion TESB turned out great in spite of George. It was the last film George worked on where there was real collaboration. Kirsh and Kurtz won an argument every once in a while against Lucas and it shows.

..and then Gary Kurtz got canned..very obvious when you watch ROTJ

What? :lol

He left as far as I remember.

No, Lucas fired Kurtz. LFL financed TESB and Fox was going to simply be a distributor. Empire was budgeted at $30m, most of which was George's money he made from SW. Empire went $3m over budget and Lucas had to ask 20th Century Fox for the money to finish the film. Fox became part owner of the film. Lucas was furious and blamed Kurtz for the cost overruns. Lucas also was mad about the creative differences.

No, Lucas fired Kurtz. LFL financed TESB and Fox was going to simply be a distributor. Empire was budgeted at $30m, most of which was George's money he made from SW. Empire went $3m over budget and Lucas had to ask 20th Century Fox for the money to finish the film. Fox became part owner of the film. Lucas was furious and blamed Kurtz for the cost overruns. Lucas also was mad about the creative differences.

Yeah there is a long Kurtz interview somewhere that he does say there were key creative differences between the two.....

and we got ROTJ (sorry to harp on that....):rotfl

Aha - gotcha. :)

I know they had major differences etc, but was a bit hazy on the details.

You think I'd be up to speed after watching Empire Of Dreams at least 3000 times. :lol

I wish I had kept count of how many times I've seen them. Probably not as much as I would guess.

I can live with ewoks (figuratively, I bet they smell), Gungans, fat CG cows, all sorts of silly ****. What I can't live with is an incredibly badly conceived and executed cartoon sequence with an iconic robot (3PO) losing his head and all his credibility as a character, for the sake of cheap unentertaining jokes. That has to be the lowest point of any Star Wars project of anytime, and yes, I have the xmas special on dvd. Attack Of The Clones take a bow.

:lol

Back