Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Episode 1 is sadly the best of the bunch IMO. If it weren't for the horrible acting of little Ani and JarJar having 1 too many ridiculous moments it would actually be better than some of the OT.

It's not a religion (not for me anyway). But I bet Nam would like to see a GI Joe film done right. We all have our favorite things.

There's a difference. Sure I talk **** about the film, but I don't troll the boards saying, "Hasbro/Sommers raped my childhood" and making umpteen tittybaby threads hating on the film. I also don't run around with my thumbs in my ears and my eyes squeezed shut pretending it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, there were some good things to come out of it. Ray Park was a great choice for Snake Eyes and Eccleston for Destro. I also think Dwayne Johnson's a great choice for Roadblock. You can't even really compare that to the tittybaby trolls who ignore anything and everything except the unaltered OT. :lol

Episode 1 is sadly the best of the bunch IMO. If it weren't for the horrible acting of little Ani and JarJar having 1 too many ridiculous moments it would actually be better than some of the OT.

I dunno bout that :lol But agreed with the rest.

There's a difference. Sure I talk **** about the film, but I don't troll the boards saying, "Hasbro/Sommers raped my childhood" and making umpteen tittybaby threads hating on the film. I also don't run around with my thumbs in my ears and my eyes squeezed shut pretending it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, there were some good things to come out of it. Ray Park was a great choice for Snake Eyes and Eccleston for Destro. I also think Dwayne Johnson's a great choice for Roadblock. You can't even really compare that to the tittybaby trolls who ignore anything and everything except the unaltered OT. :lol

Fair enough. Yeah, that does get old.

As far as unaltered films go, SW won Academy Awards for it's effects. From purely a film preservation perspective the original version should be restored.

The Godfather is another one of my favorite films. When Sonny gets shot at the bridge it's pretty fake looking. It could be fixed with CG, but that would be messing with a classic.

Fair enough. Yeah, that does get old.

As far as unaltered films go, SW won Academy Awards for it's effects. From purely a film preservation perspective the original version should be restored.

The Godfather is another one of my favorite films. When Sonny gets shot at the bridge it's pretty fake looking. It could be fixed with CG, but that would be messing with a classic.

It was, and was released, and every tittybaby OT ****** and their grandmother wined that it wasn't in anamorphic widescreen with digital surround. :lol

Agreed 100%.

Do I like everything Joe and Star Wars related? No.
But I don't act like every single thing must be made to please me, I am happy with what I enjoy from each and both franchises are huge to me. I am also not so myopic that i can't see that some parts of the franchise that i don't think are done well are great in some peoples eyes.

A DVD pressed from laserdisk master made in 1991 is not a restoration.

A restoration is when new film interpositives and negatives are created from best sources. Star Wars as a FILM is deteriorating, and the original is in danger of being lost.

I'd like to have a proper restoration of the OT and HD versions sold from new digital transfers. On a website where people measure the distance between doll eyes I feel no need to appologize for that.

A DVD pressed from laserdisk master made in 1991 is not a restoration.

A restoration is when new film interpositives and negatives are created from best sources. Star Wars as a FILM is deteriorating, and the original is in danger of being lost.

I'd like to have a proper restoration of the OT and HD versions sold from new digital transfers. On a website where people measure the distance between doll eyes I feel no need to appologize for that.

I don't see one as necessarily better than the other. In the end, they're Lucas' films (or were at this point). I'm gracious enough that he was willing to share his ideas, good or bad, so that we could enjoy them. I also think it's hypocritical that Lucas gets all the flack for changing things and Spielberg gets a free ride. Sure he gave people an undoctored copy of E.T., but he approved the digital changes to Raiders and was 33.33% responsible for KOTCS.

Most people just turn off their brains when it comes to discussing George Lucas.

... Lucas gets all the flack for changing things and Spielberg gets a free ride....

Spielberg has to some extent admitted his mistake. The new Bluray of ET is the original. If he re-cut Jaws with a digital shark you can bet you'd hear about it.

FAIL post of the day nominee.

I never wonder anything about Kevin Smith and I don't like people who do. :mad:

Med-TIme-59387563285.jpeg

It was, and was released, and every tittybaby OT ****** and their grandmother wined that it wasn't in anamorphic widescreen with digital surround. :lol

Right because if The Avengers came out last month on non-anamorphic standard definition DVD only that you watched with letterbox borders on the sides you'd be totally satisfied. :cuckoo:

Right because if The Avengers came out last month on non-anamorphic standard definition DVD only that you watched with letterbox borders on the sides you'd be totally satisfied. :cuckoo:

If 20 years down the road, Whedon alters the film to fully realize his vision, and releases what he initially meant to put on screen because technology has reached a point where it's finally possible, I'm not about to start campaigning endlessly about how he raped my childhood, can't put a good film out to save his life and needs to retire. :lol

I don't see one as necessarily better than the other. In the end, they're Lucas' films (or were at this point). I'm gracious enough that he was willing to share his ideas, good or bad, so that we could enjoy them. I also think it's hypocritical that Lucas gets all the flack for changing things and Spielberg gets a free ride. Sure he gave people an undoctored copy of E.T., but he approved the digital changes to Raiders and was 33.33% responsible for KOTCS.

I didnt buy he Blu-rays (yet) what were the changes made to Raiders?

^ Then i'd hate his greedy **** ass too. It's that simple. If you treat your fans like ****, then I have no use for you.

He cleaned up the glare on a window where Indy gets attacked by a cobra. Something that actually is OK to do. Something that doesn't change the character, or story.

Adding NOOO changes the entire scene from emotional, to comical.

Back