Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

:rolleyes2 Gawd don't remind me of all the crap Yoda was spouting in those films. Its no wonder Anakin turned with all that bull being poured in his ear.

It's funny that in SW being fearful is the epic sin that leads to anger, hatred, and the destruction of a galaxy but in The Dark Knight Rises it's taught to be embraced so that you can use the fear to increase your strength in the battle against evil. PT Yoda would have just told Bruce to let go of his fear and live out the rest of his life in that hole. :lol

It's funny that in SW being fearful is the epic sin that leads to anger, hatred, and the destruction of a galaxy but in The Dark Knight Rises it's taught to be embraced so that you can use the fear to increase your strength in the battle against evil. PT Yoda would have just told Bruce to let go of his fear and live out the rest of his life in that hole. :lol

Someone should rewrite the League of Shadows scenes and replace Liam Neeson (Ha! Qui-Gon!) with Yoda. See how it might play out.

Someone should rewrite the League of Shadows scenes and replace Liam Neeson (Ha! Qui-Gon!) with Yoda. See how it might play out.

We already know. Talia would've become the Emperor (she even had her Vader) and ruled Gotham for 40 years before being tossed down the well by Bruce's whiney kid. :huh :lol

It was interesting that when Conan O'Brien mentioned that there'd be a new SW movie in 2015 the whole audience cheered. I pictured that there'd be more of a mixed reaction of cheers, half-hearted applause, and maybe some boos. But that wasn't the case.

It was interesting that when Conan O'Brien mentioned that there'd be a new SW movie in 2015 the whole audience cheered. I pictured that there'd be more of a mixed reaction of cheers, half-hearted applause, and maybe some boos. But that wasn't the case.

Because the general public just thinks of Star Wars as an iconic movie/franchise and doesn't have personal distress connected to every part of the franchise that doesn't personally please them. Beyond these boards some people just believe that Star Wars is a series of movies and merchandise.

tumblr_luegu9zML41qdlvg6o1_500.gif

Maybe cause there's some semi smart folks that know George will not be really involved.

Or not!

I'm over indifference and kind of excited. Especially if Mark Hamill gets to play Luke again. If they're bad, it's not a huge deal to me. We already have lousy prequels. If they're good, it's nice to "end" the series on a good note rather than the lousy one it did 7 years ago. But will they end? Unlikely... Haha.

The greatest era of SW was when most of the films were not directed by Lucas. This new trilogy will restore that majority "balance" again. It can only be a good thing.

The greatest era of SW was when most of the films were not directed by Lucas. This new trilogy will restore that majority "balance" again. It can only be a good thing.

:lecture I think it would be a challenge to make it worse than ROTS.

I was thinking about that also yesterday.. what I really expecting and hoping for ...

1. show us the traditional troopers.. Stormtroopers, tie figher pilots...Snow...whatever.. but please dont come up with another trooper design.. there are already like 23145 troopers..

2. please please let us see our Tie Fighters.. x-wings... star destroyer.... PLEASE !!

if they just do that.. the SW feeling will be there for sure and the road to success is half way done !

I agree... but this will never happen... everything will be new and shiny just like in I,II,III. :lol

I'm scared to death about this.. they will keep lucas involved and these will be overly done in CG with JarJar type scenes and things to gear towards kids with no imaginations.

My only hope is if they gear it more towards some of the Clone Wars cartoon feel (especially last seasons).

Beyond these boards some people just believe that Star Wars is a series of movies and merchandise.

Ha ha ha. Young people.

I'm 44. You ever wonder why Kevin Smith obsesses on Star Wars? I don't. I think I'm cut from the same cloth. I was nine in 1977. My childhood heroes were Superman and The Six Million Dollar Man. My parents took me to see Star Wars (not episode 4 or A New Hope) Overnight I was obsessed with lightsabers and X-Wings. Everything else disappeared.

Star Wars was everywhere in 77-78. "Cultural Phenomenon" is an overused phrase, but there had never been anything like it before or since.

I was a little kid when the first movie came out. My children were born when the PT was in theaters. I'll be sending them to college around episode 9.

Star Wars is like the bookends of important parts of my life. Or maybe an old friend I see every few years, some visits are better than others.

But it's more than just a series of films.

Ha ha ha. Young people.

I'm 44. You ever wonder why Kevin Smith obsesses on Star Wars? I don't. I think I'm cut from the same cloth. I was nine in 1977. My childhood heroes were Superman and The Six Million Dollar Man. My parents took me to see Star Wars (not episode 4 or A New Hope) Overnight I was obsessed with lightsabers and X-Wings. Everything else disappeared.

Star Wars was everywhere in 77-78. "Cultural Phenomenon" is an overused phrase, but there had never been anything like it before or since.

I was a little kid when the first movie came out. My children were born when the PT was in theaters. I'll be sending them to college around episode 9.

Star Wars is like the bookends of important parts of my life. Or maybe an old friend I see every few years, some visits are better than others.

:goodpost:

Ha ha ha. Young people.

I didn't see the show Khev was referring to, but I am sure they were of all ages. Cute story, but it really has jack and **** to do with what I was referring to. :dunno

Because the general public just thinks of Star Wars as an iconic movie/franchise and doesn't have personal distress connected to every part of the franchise that doesn't personally please them. Beyond these boards some people just believe that Star Wars is a series of movies and merchandise.

tumblr_luegu9zML41qdlvg6o1_500.gif

Yet, within these boards the "Lucas raped my childhood" psychos look at it as a religion. :lol

Yet, within these boards the "Lucas raped my childhood" psychos look at it as a religion. :lol

I have very close friends that worship Star Wars as a religion. Everything they do and everything they work for goes towards Star Wars.

It's not a religion (not for me anyway). But I bet Nam would like to see a GI Joe film done right. We all have our favorite things.

Most people weren't scared for Episode 1, lots of people weren't scared for Episode 2, it really wasn't until the crap that is Episode 3 where the hatred began.

Let's wait and see what happens.

I aually liked Episode 3 alot more than Episode 1 and 2, Episode 2 being the absolute worst for me, I still cant watch that movie.

Granted the first 10 minutes of 3 were horrible, and Anakin always irritates me, not to mention Padme dying of a broken heart, pure crap.
I really like Palpatine in this movie, and it just felt more like a Star Wars movie to me, unlikee one before it.

Granted the first 10 minutes of 3 were horrible, and Anakin always irritates me, not to mention Padme dying of a broken heart, pure crap.

Padme dying like that was an insult to women and mothers. I'm amazed Portman went along with it. And I think a lot more than the first 10 minutes was horrible but anyway.

Back