Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been listening to the Audio book for TFA. The guys reading it is AMAZING and his voice acting, but a bit over the top at times. His Han Solo sounds just like Ford, and his Rey, Kylo, and C3PO are equally as good.

I will post a few interesting things I have learned....Many questions I had were answered in the book...

Spoiler Spoiler:

More soon....

Been listening to the Audio book for TFA. The guys reading it is AMAZING and his voice acting, but a bit over the top at times. His Han Solo sounds just like Ford, and his Rey, Kylo, and C3PO are equally as good.

I will post a few interesting things I have learned....Many questions I had were answered in the book...

Spoiler Spoiler:

More soon....

Interesting stuff. Looking forward to what else you post. :)

yeah, it's an interesting read. Some of the cut dialogue with Ren is pretty cool, as are the sections with Snoke.
They seem to deliberately draw attention to his scars, one noteworthy scar across his head (Vader ref?) and the fact that he is rebuilding himself. Perhaps those internet rumours are true.

I wonder which is more profitable, box office or merchandise.

Studios only get to keep 50% of the box office so i'll go with the merchandise.

This may have been posted elsewhere (via WIRED):

8a8dc110e79f48b533ee786f2fb7c3c6.jpg

You know thinking about how things played out with TFA's global box office I have a sneaking suspicion that Avatar 2 just might break records all over again. Cameron has never been an idiot when it comes to gauging what will blow people away on screen. And if he says the next movie will have people pooping with their mouths open (regardless of how gross that is) then he just might have an Ace up his sleeve.

He knows Avatar 1 visuals all over again won't cut it. He knows that many people were put off by the Hobbit's HFR. He just "gets" things. Like it or not Avatar might be a series like Transformers or F&F that will always just kill it globally. Maybe the next one will be the first movie to make $3 billion worldwide. Who knows. Anything is possible with that guy.

Hmmm. Nah I think Cameron may have peaked with his breaking of records. It just seems like the backlash against Avatar has been too strong...unless, as so often, it's a case of a highly vocal minority.

One thing is certain to me and that's that he will manage to make another highly enjoyable film.

Hmmm. Nah I think Cameron may have peaked with his breaking of records. It just seems like the backlash against Avatar has been too strong...unless, as so often, it's a case of a highly vocal minority.

That's been my belief and then I think about Furious 7 and TF 3 and 4 and Minions all making more than a billion worldwide and I can't help but think that the "world" might just be crazy enough to go gaga for it all over again.

I could see something like:

Avatar 2 - $584 million domestic + $2.59 billion foreign = $3.17 billion worldwide, new global record. Cameron laughs his ass off all over again.

Last edited:
Back