Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"He has been ripped from his family and forced to work for his captor. Sound familiar? Finn's life story casts him as a slave.

And how does Finn get his name? He starts the movie with a name given to him by the original slavers, FN-2187 but then he is named "Finn" by Poe Dameron, a white pilot."

:lol

I noticed the same thing a month ago. It's just a weird moment, but no one here thought it was strange...that's fine.

Is that site fake or are they trying to be serious? If they are not a parody site then that’s the biggest piece of garbage article I have read in a long time. As one of the comments said so they wanted the black guy to get the girl for doing good? Doesn’t that seem kind of bad as well? Making a woman a trophy to win? And bitching about Finn getting his name? What about the thousands of WHITE Stormtroopers who were in the same situation? UGH. And Maz? They do realize that Lupita Nyongo actually AGREED to be that character right? She didn’t see anything wrong with it so why should they. I don’t know who wrote that article but they need to go back to their 6th grade classroom because recess is over.

Is that site fake or are they trying to be serious? If they are not a parody site then that’s the biggest piece of garbage article I have read in a long time. As one of the comments said so they wanted the black guy to get the girl for doing good? Doesn’t that seem kind of bad as well? Making a woman a trophy to win? And bitching about Finn getting his name? What about the thousands of WHITE Stormtroopers who were in the same situation? UGH. And Maz? They do realize that Lupita Nyongo actually AGREED to be that character right? She didn’t see anything wrong with it so why should they. I don’t know who wrote that article but they need to go back to their 6th grade classroom because recess is over.

oh she is definitely serious, doing a google search shows all kinds of crazy s--

funny that doing a google search on her, this came up (written by someone else) but still, wtf :lol

Yes, Diversity Is About Getting Rid Of White People (And That’s A Good Thing) | Thought Catalog

dhf1Po2.jpg

Mixed with what? :lol I guess if he was born in Europe we wouldn't be having this discussion...because that makes people automatically "white"...even though they're "mix" too :dunno

Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle, and a Cuban pulmonologist father, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano.[7][8] His maternal grandfather was French,

i dont get your post, latinos have a different mix of roots, most have native in their roots too. "european" is not a race you idiot :lol you make it sound like european black people dont exist lol

Last edited:
Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada was born in Guatemala, to a Guatemalan mother, María Eugenia Estrada Nicolle, and a Cuban pulmonologist father, Óscar Gonzalo Hernández-Cano.[7][8] His maternal grandfather was French,

i dont get your post, latinos have a different mix of roots, they have native in their roots too. "european" is not a race you idiot :lol

I never said European was a race.. and neither is "Latino"...but my point is, if he was born in Europe, like say...Italy, Spain, France...or any other country with a mix history and background, you'd be calling Oscar Issac a white men, but because he's from South America...he's not "white" enough for you. I guess, the black "latinos" aren't black either because...they might have some "native" in their blood....oh... and they speak Spanish, right? Therefore not black :lol

I never said European was a race.. and neither is "Latino"...but the point is, if he was born in Europe, like say...Italy, Spain, France...or any other country, you'd be calling him a white men, but because he's from South America...he's not "white" enough to you.

no, it is actually the exact opposite.

just because he happens to have some white in him, people assume latinos are full on whites that could join the kkk if they wanted.
When it comes to racism, articles about racism and white privilege , people like that writer completely disregard the fact that he is not JUST White... she counts him as a 100% full on white person that is guilty of white privilege and racism for having pale skin.

The fact that Latinos happen to have native roots is completely disregarded and ignored by the race baiters. by people looking to be offended by everything and everyone. That's the point, the actor playing Poe is not just white, he happens to be the FIRST Latino actor in a star wars movie with a main role.... that's a big thing,

i remember when the trailers came out, a lot of black people were furious that the whole cast was "all White" they counted him as "European" just like you said, they disregard that he is the first latino in a star wars movie. they disregard that achievement. no, I am not saying he is not "white enough" I am saying "He has mixed roots, let's not group him with the other "full whites" because that's unfair to Hispanics in general.
do I make sense? i dont know if I am rambling too much about it

no, it is actually the exact opposite.

just because he happens to have some white in him, people assume latinos are full on whites that could join the kkk if they wanted.
When it comes to racism, articles about racism and white privilege , people like that writer completely disregard the fact that he is not JUST White... she counts him as a 100% full on white person that is guilty of white privilege and racism for having pale skin.

Well, depends on the country, if you go to Chile, Argentina to name a few, you wouldn't be saying that, but clearly you have never been to that part of the world. Also, how do you even know how much "white" he has in him? He doesn't even know that, but you do because you have access to Wikipedia? You are ignoring the fact that there's a huge European influence in South America.

Let me put it this way, some North American actors have some Native American blood, does that make them Native Americans or the first Native Americans to accomplish something? Probably not. Larry David is like the whitest guy in Hollywood, yet he's 37% Native American...does that mean he's not white? Do Italian actors not count as white because they have some African roots? Probably not.

I don't think people ignore Oscar Issac's "native" roots, it's just that they call him by what they see, and so does Hollywood, which is why he plays all kind of characters in films, just like any other North American actor. He's not typecast playing thugs and stereotypical characters. Is that what you want...for him to be be put in a little box? Instead, he's playing characters like Llewyn Davis or Prince John in Robin Hood and now Poe and Apocalypse. If they were saying George Lopez was white, then you might have a point though.

The fact that Latinos happen to have native roots is completely disregarded and ignored by the race baiters. by people looking to be offended by everything and everyone. That's the point, the actor playing Poe is not just white, he happens to be the FIRST Latino actor in a star wars movie with a main role.... that's a big thing,

"Latino" is a terrible term created in the United States to classify and to brand an entire group of people... to put them all under the same umbrella, even though they are all from different countries and with different traditions, and different races.

But since we're using that terrible term, Oscar Issac is not the first "Latino" in SW anyway, that "honor" goes to Jimmy Smits, in the prequel trilogy...then again, who wants to count those movies :lol It wasn't a main role...but he saved Yoda, that counts for something :lol

" I am saying "He has mixed roots, let's not group him with the other "full whites" because that's unfair to Hispanics in general.
do I make sense?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Even "full white" people can have a "mixed" heritage. Hispanic literally just means that a person speaks Spanish or that they are from a Spanish speaking country, that's it. So Spaniards, who are white, are also Hispanic. It' has nothing to do with race.

I never said European was a race.. and neither is "Latino"...but my point is, if he was born in Europe, like say...Italy, Spain, France...or any other country with a mix history and background, you'd be calling Oscar Issac a white men, but because he's from South America...he's not "white" enough for you. I guess, the black "latinos" aren't black either because...they might have some "native" in their blood....oh... and they speak Spanish, right? Therefore not black :lol

We're all green deep down. That's why we make into such tasty biscuits! YUMMO! :D

Well, depends on the country, if you go to Chile, Argentina to name a few, you wouldn't be saying that, but clearly you have never been to that part of the world. Also, how do you even know how much "white" he has in him? He doesn't even know that, but you do because you have access to Wikipedia? You are ignoring the fact that there's a huge European influence in South America.

Let me put it this way, some North American actors have some Native American blood, does that make them Native Americans or the first Native Americans to accomplish something? Probably not. Larry David is like the whitest guy in Hollywood, yet he's 37% Native American...does that mean he's not white? Do Italian actors not count as white because they have some African roots? Probably not.

I don't think people ignore Oscar Issac's "native" roots, it's just that they call him by what they see, and so does Hollywood, which is why he plays all kind of characters in films, just like any other North American actor. He's not typecast playing thugs and stereotypical characters. Is that what you want...for him to be be put in a little box? Instead, he's playing characters like Llewyn Davis or Prince John in Robin Hood and now Poe and Apocalypse. If they were saying George Lopez was white, then you might have a point though.

"Latino" is a terrible term created in the United States to classify and to brand an entire group of people... to put them all under the same umbrella, even though they are all from different countries and with different traditions, and different races.

But since we're using that terrible term, Oscar Issac is not the first "Latino" in SW anyway, that "honor" goes to Jimmy Smits, in the prequel trilogy...then I again, who wants to count those movies :lol It wasn't a main role...but he saved Yoda, that counts for something :lol

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Even "full white" people can have a "mixed" heritage. Hispanic literally just means that a person speaks Spanish or that they are from a Spanish speaking country, that's it. So Spaniards, who are white, are also Hispanic. It' has nothing to do with race.

oh no... the "argentina is white" meme :lol

XPHdcPy.jpg

also, why do you act like not being white is an insult? you make it sound like being non white or being mixed is an insult, why is that? is white heritage something to be proud of mixed heritage is offensive to you?

oh no... the "argentina is white" meme :lol

XPHdcPy.jpg

also, why do you act like not being white is an insult? you make it sound like being non white or being mixed is an insult, why is that? is white heritage something to be proud of mixed heritage is offensive to you?

Well, according to you that black guy is not black either if he's from a Spanish peaking country. :lol I find it offensive when North Americans and redneck hillbillies (not that you are) try to dictate who's white or black, when most of them have never even been outside of whatever little hick town they're from. You wouldn't tell a black person to their face that their not black because they just happen to be from a Spanish speaking country would you? I hope you don't...for your own safety. It's not about ignoring mixed people or mixed heritage, it's about recognizing that there are white, Black, full Native Americans and mixed people in Latin America. It's common knowledge...except in the US. There's nothing wrong with a mixed heritage, it just that sometimes that is used negatively against people, and if you're an actor, the last thing you want is to be classified by a heritage, which is something North American and European actors don't have to deal with, despite of whatever mixed heritage they have.

Back