Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pleased to see you getting how good TFA is jye. :) And now for any further viewings on the big screen you'll get to experience it without any reservations and just sit back and go "Holy ****, I'm watching a fourth Star Wars movie of THE SAGA." :yess:

I'm heading off with the kiddos to catch it a third time (their second,) will be able to give thoughts on my take after three viewings in a few. :rock

Who is threatening Jye for him to do this 180 I wonder. I want to know who is bullying him.

Don't be afraid Jye, for $600 a month I'll offer you protection, unless it's Disney Enforcers threatening you, in which case, you're on your own.

Ok, just returned from my 3rd.

It is time to gladly eat my own words.

Everyone get out of my way, I need a straight line to Khev's feelings on this movie.

It finally clicked with me today, I have now fully embraced this movie, it truly does belong here with us among the clouds.

I can now confidently place this movie up there alongside the OT.

Have a toke, Jye, and go see it fourth time. I plan to! :lol :monkey3

PASS-THE-DUTCHIE.jpg

I said i liked it :lol Better than the prequels and it was entertaining, I just think it's overrated as hell.

I was traumatized during and after my 1st viewing, I had no business reviewing this movie that same night.

But nooooo, SSF addiction rears its ugly head.

Very pleased to see you getting how good TFA is jye. :) And now for any further viewings on the big screen you'll get to experience it without any reservations and just sit back and go "Holy ****, I'm watching a fourth Star Wars movie of THE SAGA." :yess:

I'm heading off with the kiddos to catch it a third time (their second,) will be able to give thoughts on my take after three viewings in a few. :rock

:rock :rock

Who is threatening Jye for him to do this 180 I wonder. I want to know who is bullying him.

Don't be afraid Jye, for $600 a month I'll offer you protection, unless it's Disney Enforcers threatening you, in which case, you're on your own.

:lol :lol :lol

Have a toke, Jye, and go see it fourth time. I plan to! :lol :monkey3

PASS-THE-DUTCHIE.jpg

:yess: :yess:

Everyone get out of my way, I need a straight line to Khev's feelings on this movie.

It finally clicked with me today, I have now fully embraced this movie, it truly does belong here with us among the clouds.

Further thoughts:

Old man on Jakku clearly reminded Kylo that he wasn't raised by the darkside like the FO was.

Right there at the start of the movie we're already being told that Kylo is weaker and more vunerable than he wants to be, he can still easily lose in a battle of will or strength.

That right there sold me why Rey got the upper hand on him.

Maz improved this time, as did Snoke. I always liked Snoke's scenes, music and his voice, just his look that bugged me.

Junk dude on Jakku has a really cool voice.

Final assault had mini death star generators from ROTJ that Poe was taking out.

During the MF escape off Jakku there were musical cues from the ESB asteroid escape!

Kylo seeing that Rey is always thinking about an island. That tells you right there that she had been with Luke before. She might've not been dropped off as a kid on Jakku as we've been led to believe!

It is obvious that Han/Leia/Maz know much more about Rey than they're letting on. Rey must've been separated to live with Luke for some reason, maybe they felt the darkside in Ben.

Kylo in a very major way is also responsible for Rey's awakening because while he was messing with her mind he kept pulling and pulling on her thoughts and emotions until she actually PUSHED back on him!

It is now obvious to me with Kylo's injuries that Snoke might be giving him some prosthetics in E8.

Yes, music with Snoke is the same as ROTS.

Rey is an amazing character played perfectly by that actress.

Yes, seeing Luke get his father's saber back still gets me choked up!

Now, what really gives me hope and made me fully move past my initial anger.

YES Han is dead, BUT I don't think this will be the last we see of him.

There is no way in hell that Lucas, Disney and Ford will let the last time we see Han be his death!

One way or another, Han will reunite with the ones he loves and we will visually see that happen.

Don't ask me how or why.

Ok, this movie IS Star Wars to me, I now unequivocally LOVE it!

FU PT!

Congratulation going from absolutely hating it and bad mouthing it for days to loving it. Perplexing.

WWEjedi be like

NedpFdd.gif

Seriously, I read all that and that was my reaction.

Further thoughts:

Old man on Jakku clearly reminded Kylo that he wasn't raised by the darkside like the FO was.

Right there at the start of the movie we're already being told that Kylo is weaker and more vunerable than he wants to be, he can still easily lose in a battle of will or strength.

Maz improved this time, as did Snoke. I always liked Snoke's scenes, music and his voice, just his look that bugged me.

Junk dude on Jakku has a really cool voice.

Final assault had mini death star generators from ROTJ that Poe was taking out.

During the MF escape off Jakku there were musical cues from the ESB asteroid escape!

Kylo seeing that Rey is always thinking about an island. That tells you right there that she had been with Luke before. She might've not been dropped off as a kid on Jakku as we've been led to believe!

It is obvious that Han/Leia/Maz know much more about Rey than they're letting on. Rey must've been separated to live with Luke for some reason, maybe they felt the darkside in Ben.

Kylo in a very major way is also responsible for Rey's awakening because while he was messing with her mind he kept pulling and pulling on her thoughts and emotions until she actually PUSHED back on him!

It is now obvious to me with Kylo's injuries that Snoke might be giving him some prosthetics in E8.

Yes, music with Snoke is the same as ROTS.

Yes, seeing Luke get his father's saber back still gets me choked up!

Now, what really gives me hope and made me fully move past my initial anger.

YES Han is dead, BUT I don't think this will be the last we see of him.

There is no way in hell that Lucas, Disney and Ford will let the last time we see Han be his death!

One way or another, Han will reunite with the ones he loves and we will visually see that happen.

Don't ask me how or why.

FU PT!

:lol

I think Jye is in some kind of denial stage. After 30+ years of waiting for a great SW film, he was so devastated that in order to move on, somehow he had to change his reality by killing the old Jye and convincing himself that this film is as good as the OT.

Just remember Han getting flushed down the toilet for the sake of a forced Obi Wan/OT moment.

I think he saw the box office returns in the past 9 days and seeing the success measured in that money got to his brain. He snapped.

After those fun count down videos, I was looking forward to a melt down one after he saw it. Would have been great!

Forgive my ignorance but FO?

Kind of agree. He wasn't proficient in combat as he had no one truly to fight against, (though that didn't stop Luke) but she was too great at everything. Better pilot than Han despite having no ships to practice in, Better mechanic than Chewy which kinda made sense since she's a junker, learnt the force and lightsaber combat way faster than Luke and even though Ren wasn't super skilled he should've been able to take her. Her tapping into the dark side to best him rather than being expert from the start does help though

Never noticed that. Good pick up.

It is obvious that Han/Leia/Maz know much more about Rey than they're letting on. Rey must've been separated to live with Luke for some reason, maybe they felt the darkside in Ben

I reckon she was a student of Luke's or his daughter and was left their by him for protection once he sensed there was possible danger in young Ben, but still it resulted in the deaths of the other students I'm assuming, so he shoulda just removed Ben if that was the case.

This is a small gripe of mine. Coulda sworn I saw his leg go flying after Rey slashed at him then he had it still and the duel continued until she pwned him. But as well I thought I saw her slash his face but it only left a slight slice rather than taking a chunk of his face/skull as a lightsaber would do. In fact Finn looks to have gotten sliced up the spine yet survives somehow.

Despite being OP I loved her and though Ridley nailed it.

I don't hate the PT but I can see its many errors and this felt more Star Wars to me than those. However the PT was much better at fleshing out the Galaxy with all the different ships and named planets wheras this had mostly OT ships and I couldn't remember any planets name other than Jakku. I felt the Pt and OT had more memorable and unique sequences. The Jakku escape was great but every other battle felt too small and retread-territory.

He's one of the space pirates Finn almost hitches a ride with..

I'm the novelisation, between his mysterious absence from Jakkue to Resistance planet?

Last edited:
Congratulation going from absolutely hating it and bad mouthing it for days to loving it. Perplexing.

I don't remember, did I hate it. :lol

Lord and Baby Jesus, I have seen the light. :lol

I think Jye is in some kind of denial stage. After 30+ years of waiting for a great SW film, he was so devastated that in order to move on, somehow he had to change his reality by killing the old Jye and convincing himself that this film is as good as the OT.

Just remember Han getting flushed down the toilet for the sake of a forced Obi Wan/OT moment.

There is that possibility. :lol

I think he saw the box office returns in the past 9 days and seeing the success measured in that money got to his brain. He snapped.

After those fun count down videos, I was looking forward to a melt down one after he saw it. Would have been great!

You mean like take a bat to the batmobile meltdown! :horror

I would do it if I knew I would get a million views. :lol

Since YT pays $4.00-$10.00 for every thousand hits, I could buy a whole bunch of HT Batman stuff!

Anybody else find it annoying when both Finn and Rey activated Luke's lightsaber using the blade length adjuster and not the activation switch?

This is a very good point. The world was not clearly explained. The Knights of Ren remain unexplained too. This might be backlash to the PT which explained way too much of the political backstory.

But it really does seem like nothing's changed 'since we last saw our heroes'... even the Stardestroyers remain consistent.

I noticed that as well. I really don't have a firm grasp on the political landscape after this installment, but after the thrashing that TPM took over "trade disputes", I think they wisely stayed away from politics. Even ANH didn't make much sense in that regard. . . regional governors? Tarkin's dialogue makes it sound like there's just one guy in charge of entire systems of planets.

But I imagine they left a big chunk out so they can have novels and comic books go back and explain that part, rather than having a movie go over Star Wars politics.

Back