Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the Galactic Civil War Han Solo became

Spoiler Spoiler:

what powers do the force even give you?
mind control, being able to use the saber, moving things with your hands, is that it?

I m not sure we need spoiler tags on this thread anymore.....anyone reading it would be crazy because every post is hidden....it males no sense you skip the spoiler tags...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The light side is stronger, so says Yoda. I don't think it always comes down to training.

With Rey fighting Kylo:

Spoiler Spoiler:

After decompressing for a day a few more random musings:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great points. I'm going to see it again tomorrow or tuesday. Or both. :)

With Rey fighting Kylo:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyone else think that lightsaber battle at the end is the best in the franchise. No stupid twirling quadruple back flips. It fits in with the original trilogy but is more intense than any of those.

After decompressing for a day a few more random musings:

Spoiler Spoiler:

WHILHELM WAS THERE! it occurs in the hanger during the escape!

If you think that's a superpower, your posts are starting to make a lot more sense.

oh sorry, I meant FORCE PUSH...

tumblr_m4hxjeB7oi1qe55two1_500.jpg

Holy crap, I didn't even want to look at what the critical consensus was on this film but a forum member on another site mentioned that it was sitting at 95% on rottentomatoes so I had to check. Yes! Star Wars is redeemed! :yess:

And for all intents and purposes the PT can forever be laid to rest.

Anyone else think that lightsaber battle at the end is the best in the franchise. No stupid twirling quadruple back flips. It fits in with the original trilogy but is more intense than any of those.

I thought it was done very well on many levels. The setting, the action, the pace etc..kept very well with overall tone and theme of the film

Just came from cinema and only i can say it is 10 times better then any PT. Even my 6 year old kid rated 10/10.
I really like Rey in the movie. Think im gonna sleep good tonight.

until disney remakes the first 3 movies.... I could easily see them do that once this trilogy is over

I highly doubt it. It'd be a blatant fart in George Lucas's direction. Sure, a bunch of randomers on the internet won't care about offending him but anyone in a position to actually make these movies would not want to slap the creator of the franchise in the face like that even if they secretly share the view that the PT, as it stands, is ***t.

I don't see them remaking the original trilogy anytime soon. I think we'll get another sequel trilogy after this one if anything, that will have Rey etc as the new old timers. And of course all the spin offs like Rogue One.

I highly doubt it. It'd be a blatant fart in George Lucas's direction. Sure, a bunch of randomers on the internet won't care about offending him but anyone in a position to actually make these movies would not want to slap the creator of the franchise in the face like that even if they secretly share the view that the PT, as it stands, is ***t.

I think just flat out ignoring the PT is better than remaking them. I'll always want to imagine a young Alec Guinness and young Sebastian Shaw (see below) as prequel era jedi and no remake will ever provide that. Best to just move on and let the current PT be a random tech demo of senile old Lucas and the "real" story as referenced in the OT can forever exist in our mind's eyes.

young_anakin_and_obi_wan_by_promus_kaa-d339v0z.jpg

Back