Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Fan Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Sequel Trilogy HYPE Thread!

Hang on Wor - it's "The dead speak!" :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Had to know we were ****ed when that was the opening line. O.M.G :thud:

If anybody gets bummed out reading the mixed SW reviews and wants to feel better I suggest checking out the CATS reviews. Some of the blurbs are actually hilarious.

If anybody gets bummed out reading the mixed SW reviews and wants to feel better I suggest checking out the CATS reviews. Some of the blurbs are actually hilarious.

I like the first one listed on RT (from my hometown Detroit News): "Woof". :lol

I do remember seeing its trailer the first time at the theater. It was the first trailer played and I honestly had no idea what I was watching at first. I thought it might be an avant garde commercial for Tidy Cat litter or something. It started like one of those weird commercial send-ups that SNL would do every now and then...

Back to TROS: I've avoided reading full reviews, but I've seen enough blurbs to know this is being seen by many as a
Spoiler Spoiler:
Soon we can all judge for ourselves if this is done in a coherent and satisfying way. I expect there will be some "lively" discussions this weekend. :lol

I got my tickets for Sunday morning at 8:30am. Hopefully a nice and quiet showing (I hate crowds, especially rowdy ones)!

The dead speak!

Hang on Wor - it's "The dead speak!" :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Had to know we were ****ed when that was the opening line. O.M.G :thud:

I'm glad you two got my reference. :lol

Didn't that reference feel like something we should have seen as an opening rather than happen off-screen?

T-minus 20 minutes. i hope I can post here in good conscience later! :lol

If not, I hope everyone has a great time!

MTFBWY!

I've got tickets for Saturday 14:20
Despite my earlier intentions, I decided to keep myself spoiler-free. I do want to experience this with a clear mind.
I have read some spoiler free reviews though, and it's not really looking too good. Sounds like the same thing that happened to Justice League after the poor reactions to BvS: too much course correction that ended up in a mediocre product.
Oh well.

I've got tickets for Saturday 14:20
Despite my earlier intentions, I decided to keep myself spoiler-free. I do want to experience this with a clear mind.
I have read some spoiler free reviews though, and it's not really looking too good. Sounds like the same thing that happened to Justice League after the poor reactions to BvS: too much course correction that ended up in a mediocre product.
Oh well.

True. Although JL was a course alteration imo, while TRoS sounds like it was a course correction in a good way, given the monstrosity that was TLJ. BvS was at least consistent in tone and built on what was introduced in MoS; TLJ completely ignored TFA, and then TRoS sounds like it tried to go back to TFA as its preceding film, as if TLJ never happened.

However, consequently, it sounds like they tried to cram too much into one film to make up for lost ground.

IMO the ending of TROS was very anti-climatic and disappointing... Oh wait, this thread is only for positive thoughts. hmmm We never have to see Rey and friends again :hi5:

So, how?re things going in here ... ? [emoji854][emoji854][emoji854]

Just got out of the movie. Overall I really enjoyed it. I had issues with a few things but for the most part I liked it. Wayyy better film than TLJ

Well, I for one am now totally HYPED to see this movie. The narrative on who thinks what of the ST is now upended and I'm now so intrigued when I hear "best of the ST" from some. TFA was kinda meh (fine enough but the SW equivalent of mac n'cheese - with velveeta) and TLJ was a train wreck in a half dozen different ways but I love that I'm now going into TROS without any preconceived notions... that I... perhaps had a few days ago.

Keraton rocks for starting this thread!:lol

Well, I for one am now totally HYPED to see this movie. The narrative on who thinks what of the ST is now upended and I'm now so intrigued when I hear "best of the ST" from some. TFA was kinda meh (fine enough but the SW equivalent of mac n'cheese - with velveeta) and TLJ was a train wreck in a half dozen different ways but I love that I'm now going into TROS without any preconceived notions... that I... perhaps had a few days ago.

Keraton rocks for starting this thread!:lol

You've described exactly how I've felt for the previous two films...

...you won't like this one :(

IMO the ending of TROS was very anti-climatic and disappointing... Oh wait, this thread is only for positive thoughts. hmmm We never have to see Rey and friends again :hi5:

Are you really sure?

Spoiler Spoiler:

I got out of the film last night and was still shaking. Woah, I really loved it. I read all the leaks and knew what was going to happen, but actually seeing it unfold was another thing entirely. And one thing the leaks never talked about, or at least I didn't recall, was the driving force of the film. It really worked for me. It felt suspenseful and kinda terrifying. Aside from the excellent and caring handling of characters (some really heartfelt and tear jerking scenes here) , I really loved all of the lore implications from this film. All I will say is the Sith are on full display.

After going back and watching all of the films in chronological order this week with 9 being the finale, all I can say is it all fits and just felt good. I'm so satisfied and happy with the Skywalker Saga. I'd love to go into spoilers, but will wait a few days for everyone else to see it. I can't wait to see it again.

Now that I've seen the film, my HYPE has become FANdom.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Keraton rocks for starting this thread![emoji38]
Haha thanks! Yes, this is definitely the best of the ST, just as ROTS was best of the PT.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back