Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Fan Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've notice a few people say there were moments that really stood as (ie, Pod Race, Maul lightsaber battle, in TPM).

Curious to see what everyone's standout moments were in TROS?

Loved the quick scene of younger Luke training younger Leia. It was my favorite part of the movie.
The battle on the Death Star remains as the waves crashed looked spectacular. Their best duel by far.
Ian is just awesome. He IS the emperor.

Saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. The sequels have all been great for me. I do have to say that perhaps ROS may be the lesser of the three, however, as much as I did like it. I just feel overall the characters felt a little flat, particularly Finn and maybe Poe. I have relished how well-drawn these new characters are and how many great character moments and arcs TFA and TLJ gave us. It's what I have loved most about these movies. So I wouldn't have minded adding maybe 10 or even 20 minutes to the runtime and give everyone a little more fleshing out or stronger arcs.

I wept at the Han/Ben conversation. I loved Lando's fleet all arriving. That whole final battle was beautiful. Loved how creepy Palps was (I was a little afraid about how I would feel about them bringing him back since I always hated him throughout the movies--always came off as annoying AF to me and not menacing) loved how they practically didn't use any makeup at all just the white eyes! Loved the yellow lightsaber.

I did think the whole "parents were nobodies but not really" was a little awkwardly explained. They could have done that a little better/smoother.

And I have a question about the whole Sith ritual: Palps said that Rey killing him would unleash his spirit and overtake her. So why didn't that happen anyway? Was it because she used his own lighting against him?

As an old timer who saw ANH in the theaters in 77 as a 4 year old (and actually remember it!) and have loved them all my life, overall I am super happy with the sequels. I'll still put all of the sequels above ROTJ.

I am looking forward to getting the blu ray!

BTW, I'm steering clear of the regular movie discussion thread. I agree it seems like some people just like to see the world burn.

Glad you liked it Lu. :) If I were to guess why Palpatine's spirit didn't enter Rey when he died it'd be that she was specifically prepped to be an empty vessel for him but when her body was filled with the fullness of every Light Side Jedi's power his spirit had nowhere to go and he was destroyed.

Glad you liked it Lu. :) If I were to guess why Palpatine's spirit didn't enter Rey when he died it'd be that she was specifically prepped to be an empty vessel for him but when her body was filled with the fullness of every Light Side Jedi's power his spirit had nowhere to go and he was destroyed.

Interesting theory!

I thought it was heartbreaking to see her lifeless body like that, although I knew they couldn't leave her dead. I figured Ben would do what he did. And I agree he had to die since he committed such atrocities. But I did think it was great that he got the "Jedi" death of disappearing. All that said, however, I will say that they COULD have had him live and then have him choose to live his life on the run as an outcast, but vowing to help anyone that needed it in order to atone for his crimes. That could have been a cool way for his character to continue.

Or... because she was a girl.

Palps: EWWWW! Girl body, girl body - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Or... because she was a girl.

Palps: EWWWW! Girl body, girl body - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

tenor.jpg

Interesting theory!

I thought it was heartbreaking to see her lifeless body like that, although I knew they couldn't leave her dead. I figured Ben would do what he did. And I agree he had to die since he committed such atrocities. But I did think it was great that he got the "Jedi" death of disappearing. All that said, however, I will say that they COULD have had him live and then have him choose to live his life on the run as an outcast, but vowing to help anyone that needed it in order to atone for his crimes. That could have been a cool way for his character to continue.

Thanks Lu! I'm also basing my theory off the fact that Rey's own spirit couldn't dwell in her body with all that power either. I agree on her lifeless form, a very poignant sacrifice. Immediately followed by Ben's.

Interesting theory that Rey was all 'full up' and had a 'no vacancy' sign up. I took it as Palpatine destroyed himself. For his essence to flow to Rey, she either had to consciously strike him down in hate (an act of the dark side) or to open herself up willingly to his essence.

I posted my thoughts on Palpatines second "death" yesterday in the other thread but they seem to have been deleted with whatever clean up occurred over night. Not sure I can be bothered writing it all up again. Actual discussion just gets ignored anyway.

But maybe like the 2nd Death Star, he's just lying in ruins somewhere right now waiting for a dagger-map to find him.

Oh look, his whole laboratory was left intact. I'm surprised we didn't get a post credit scene of a cloning tube complete with baby palps (gotta cash in on that baby yoda stuff) zooming in and his eyes opening.

Or dust blowing away revealing his ring.... and a question mark as we hear his laugh...

Oh nice reference. How many will get that one?

But I think it wouldn't be his ring, since he didn't have one. Maybe his catheter.

I don't know others but I personally like movies more when lots of things happen. My main complaint with TLJ was so little thing happened. The plot was rebels escaping a FO mothership.

Back