Star Wars SDCC 2012 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow_DYEH_0047.jpg

sideshow_DYEH_0046.jpg

Damn the Raiders are stealing the show for me! Love these pic's. :thud: :yess::hi5:

The only one figure that concerns me is TPM Kenobi. I mean it looks like him, but it doesn't... and why not give him a real doll hair braid?

I guess human likeness' and BRAIDS are SSC achilles heel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Vader base looks like it is intended to light up, ala ESB when he kneels before the holo-projection of the Emperor.

sideshow_DYEH_0047.jpg

sideshow_DYEH_0046.jpg

Damn the Raiders are stealing the show for me! Love these pic's. :thud: :yess::hi5:
Yeah, loving the Tuskens. Was sort of questioning my decision to go with two (EX from SSC and regular from LCS) but looking at these pics, really glad I did. They look fantastic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Vader base looks like it is intended to light up, ala ESB when he kneels before the holo-projection of the Emperor.

Yup. thats what I was thinking.
Agreed. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't light-up.

Dang, judging by those photos from figures.com, the whole display is full. What a massive let down. Where are the Hot Toys items??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm sure it is but I don't remember did that projector have an Empire logo on it?

Yeah, was wondering about that. If I recall correctly, that pad was just black with a lit outline around the edge. Maybe this stand is not based off of that but is meant more along the lines of Boba's Mandalorian stand.

Seems to me that the base lights up, either way (light up or not) if some special base is included, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the price tag on this Vader, even though he looks to be a killer figure..

Those Tuskens man! They are stealing the show!!! Looks like really crazy people dressed up and looking straight at the camera in some of those pics!!!

As for the other 99% of the 1/6 reveals at this years SDCC.. what a yawn... I mean seriously nothing unexpected besides maybe Malgus... Same can be said about the HT 1/6 line... Preds especially.. everythings either been released or seen already.... "OLD NEWS" :mad:

I know its still early, so I'm hoping for a couple big announcements still to come. So far, SDCC has been a let down from Sideshow, but they can still recover.

Chogokin C3PO

100737r5s442nk7x2k1ky5.jpg

I just saw on a couple of websites that this is a hyper-accurate 1/6 figure ("first figure to include the asymmetric back of the knee joints" - no idea)

It is at the Sideshow booth. It has light up eyes and articulated elbows, but there's no other info as to whether it's a statue or fully articulated action figure.

Is this "the" 1/6 C-3PO that SSC is releasing, or is this just another Asian line that SSC is distributing? i.e. we will have a choice of THREE roughly 1/6 C-3PO figures on the SSC website in the coming year (SSC, Medi and Chogokin)?

It looks amazing (more accurate than either the Medi 1/6 or the SSC PF, both of which have slight head issues) yet no one seems to be talking about this. I'm assuming with all the metal on it ("6/13") it is largely a statue, but there's no other info online.

I didn't think that chogokin C3PO would be 1/6. That would probably put him in the way too expensive to get range. SOC DX Maz is $400 and 12" too.

I didn't think that chogokin C3PO would be 1/6. That would probably put him in the way too expensive to get range. SOC DX Maz is $400 and 12" too.

Someone posted a video of this on youtube and it was titled '12" figure' and several websites seem to be referring to it as 1/6. Maybe someone who is at SDCC can confirm the scale?

$400 is not very user-friendly however.:(

Yeah its Tamashii Nations/Bandai Chogokin. If hes 1/6 as others stated he'll be heavy as hell and yeah at the least $375

Back