Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that was a really fun touch.

It's called cross-promotion. And what's "fun" about it? Because they tied their own ride into the Star Wars Universe? Would it be fun if we learned in Episode VII that Yoda's teacher was a 4 foot tall mouse-like creature called Mikki?

Is it cross promotion though? I mean I highly doubt anyone not familiar with the ride (like me) would even think of the star tours ride. It's not like the ship pulled up with a giant decal on the side that said star tours and was piloted by some pissed off park employee in a uniform and helmet shaped like Disney ears.

I hope it gets better. The music is good, the ships look great and there are some small bits of awesomeness Bur over all the art (characters) is weak (compared to the CW) and the stories are choppy and bad.

It's called cross-promotion. And what's "fun" about it? Because they tied their own ride into the Star Wars Universe? Would it be fun if we learned in Episode VII that Yoda's teacher was a 4 foot tall mouse-like creature called Mikki?

Cross promotion for a ride that no longer exists? Okay.

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif

It sounds like more of an easter egg.

:exactly:

"It's watchable" is about the highest praise I can give it right now. I'll continue checking it out, but I already don't like the concept of the "Inquisitors" - Vader should feature into the story line, but we don't need yet another layer in the hierarchy that was never part of the OT to begin with. This takes place only 5 years before the battle of Yavin right?

They're cutting it kind of close. I suppose we should expect that all the characters will be dead within the next 5 years too unless some serious retcon happens.

Episode 5 - Rise of the Old Masters

Really, really strong story. I think people who didn't like Fighter Flight (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't) will like this one quite a bit more.

[spoilers]
The visual of the Jedi Master, revealed to be a hologram, walking into her own tomb... chilling! Really wonderfully done. The Inquisitor does not disappoint in his first appearance, and there's just something spine-tingling about seeing Jedi do their stuff with THAT music in the background, fighting Stormtroopers. Just lovely. I do hope we'll get a story that focuses on Sabine and/or Hera soon, though. They sure could use some development, though they are likable enough.

Episode 5 - Rise of the Old Masters

Really, really strong story. I think people who didn't like Fighter Flight (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't) will like this one quite a bit more.

[spoilers]
The visual of the Jedi Master, revealed to be a hologram, walking into her own tomb... chilling! Really wonderfully done. The Inquisitor does not disappoint in his first appearance, and there's just something spine-tingling about seeing Jedi do their stuff with THAT music in the background, fighting Stormtroopers. Just lovely. I do hope we'll get a story that focuses on Sabine and/or Hera soon, though. They sure could use some development, though they are likable enough.

Do you get to see these early? I was wondering how people know about next weeks episodes

.......Ugh, really trying to like this show. It's great to have new Star Wars, but the characters are ruining this. I find myslef ALWAYS rooting for the Empire, which is frusterating because they are all a bunch of inane dolts. Our cadre of heroes is like something straight out of bad fan-fiction. A rogue Jedi, an annoing teenager (with...gasp! Force powers!) Boobie Fett, poser R2, the gumpy brute, and some green version of of course, a FEMALE Han Solo, captain of a cliche named ship the GHOST.
For me, right now the only thing that would make this show worth-while would be if Vader just showed up and killed them all. THAT would be awesome.

It's a kids show and I see it as such. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the rebels are tossing storm troopers off of balconies left and right, and shooting them while the stormtrooperss could be two feet away from one of them and still not be able to shoot them. With such bad shots why is anyone scared of the Empire?

It's a kids show and I see it as such. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the rebels are tossing storm troopers off of balconies left and right, and shooting them while the stormtrooperss could be two feet away from one of them and still not be able to shoot them. With such bad shots why is anyone scared of the Empire?

You want blood and guts flying around? Not like everyone was a great shot in the original movies.

Question is can some just have fun with the show?

Pretty sure other than the Death Star, nobody was really scared of the Empire during the OT. Sure, the Rebels always ran away, but in the end, they always handed the Empire it's ass:lol

..........If it's just a kid's show, then so far, the producers arent giving kids enough credit. There is no rule that says kids shows have to be THIS dumbed down. I'll keep watching, maybe, it'll get better.

..........If it's just a kid's show, then so far, the producers arent giving kids enough credit. There is no rule that says kids shows have to be THIS dumbed down. I'll keep watching, maybe, it'll get better.

Why not just cut your losses now since it's clearly not for you:dunno You've already wasted an hour or so.

I can't say I really see how it's dumbed down. I think the storytelling has been really solid. I see a lot of adults gurgling and harumphing but I have yet to understand what they are going on about. At least, it's no more dumbed down that Star Wars has ever been. It's a space fantasy. I've always thought part of the appeal of the original trilogy was that it was fast paced, fun and didn't worry about whether everything always made sense. I'm a big Star Trek fan, but part of the appeal of Star Wars is that it was not concerned with some of the things Trek was. It was an adventure story with great characters moving through some pretty basic plots. That's not to say that it hasn't evolved into more over the years or there aren't different kinds of Star Wars stories are out there, but I think the tone they are trying to strike here is a good one. An inclusive one, too, to get people excited about a new era of Star Wars. But that's just my take on it.

Back