Star Wars Pod Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy Yoda separately for $45--$50. And I would expect a few accessories at that price too. I would hope Sideshow goes all out with Yoda, making him fully articulated. The floating chair thing sounds like a great accessory for an individual NT Yoda, but what would a individually packed OT Yoda come with?
There are a couple characters that could use the Yoda body. Other then Nick Nack, Wicket could use one, there were also some very small Jawas about Yoda's size, and dare I mention Yaddle? Even if you hate Yaddle, it would make a nice SDCC exclusive.
The removable helmet thing sounds like what Dragon did with their medieval figures. I hope they work better then those, Dragon hair pieces always fall off easily without anything to really secure it to the head. I'm just wondering why didn't Jedi Luke come with the helmet thing and poncho?

My bet for the Obi-Wan exclusive accessory would be the Grievous blaster. That way, you can dynamically pose him with the 12" Grievous figure they already told us that they're not making.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'm shocked that they actually let the cat out of the bag with the next release. I'd think the Grievous blaster would have to be a lock for the exclusive.

Howz about the head of that annoying Boga! :horror :wacky

Grevious blaster would prolly miff a few people as well since it was a much much more important item since it was used to kill Grevious instead of just held for a couple seconds like Luke :D

Yoda in 1/6 scale would be 4.33" tall. I'm not paying $50 for a figure smaller than a Marvel Legend, cloth goods or not. Nor $100 for a two pack including him, unless he's packed with, say, General Grievous, which would never happen. No way is a Yoda 1/6 figure worth more than $20-25.

Many small manufacturers such as SOTA, NECA, MezCo etc can afford to make highly articulated 6-8" figures with brand new sculpts with print runs under 10,000 and sell them for under $20. No reason Sideshow can't do the same with a 4" Yoda figure, his costume's not that elaborate.

My recommendation would be a Mace Windu/Yoda two pack priced at say, $70-75.

captain sack said:
what did you think about the removable helmet discussion? if they include the head and helmet, but we have to swap them out for display purposes, i'm cool with that. i'd prefer a real removable helmet, but as long as we get figures like commander cody, jango, stormtrooper han and luke with helmets and extra heads, i'm happy with that.

I like that they are trying to make removable helmets, I'm not sure how it would work in an accessory pack if they didn't include a head. In listening to the podcast I found it a little difficult to understand exactly how it worked. I think some hats like the rebel Hoth and Imperial caps can be made of cloth though.

If they wanted to really play off the Anakin figure they make include a holo yoda as the exclusive. I'd say the blaster is a good bet though.

I'm definitely excited about this line though. I really like getting the podcast
behind the scenes info. It makes me feel they really are trying to make the fans happy with this line and address our wants. Well played Sideshow!

bluesparrow said:
Yoda in 1/6 scale would be 4.33" tall. I'm not paying $50 for a figure smaller than a Marvel Legend, cloth goods or not. Nor $100 for a two pack including him, unless he's packed with, say, General Grievous, which would never happen. No way is a Yoda 1/6 figure worth more than $20-25.

Many small manufacturers such as SOTA, NECA, MezCo etc can afford to make highly articulated 6-8" figures with brand new sculpts with print runs under 10,000 and sell them for under $20. No reason Sideshow can't do the same with a 4" Yoda figure, his costume's not that elaborate.

My recommendation would be a Mace Windu/Yoda two pack priced at say, $70-75.

I don't know. If he came with enough accessories, I'd pay 50.00 for him.

foolkiller said:
I like that they are trying to make removable helmets, I'm not sure how it would work in an accessory pack if they didn't include a head. In listening to the podcast I found it a little difficult to understand exactly how it worked. I think some hats like the rebel Hoth and Imperial caps can be made of cloth though.

this is how i understand the head/helmet thing works:

the figure has essentially a long neckpost attached where the head would normally be. this is custom made to accept the clonetrooper helmet, for example. then if you want to display commander cody with his helmet off, you would remove the helmet and extended neckpost and put the head on the body.

i would seriously doubt sideshow would make army builder uniform sets featuring clone or stormtroopers. i would imagine those would be limited to rebels like fleet troopers, hoth troopers, endor troopers, x wing pilots, and imperial officers. all those figures would feature taditional removable hats/helmets. sideshow has done tha kind if stuff before.

They answered my question about wire in the hoods! Glad they're doing it. Saves me the trouble of doing it myself.

I'd pay $50 for Prequel Yoda with two chairs, lightsaber, hilt, several hands, cane, and a hologram!

Ep III Obi-Wan is a good choice, and I'm happy with the concept of alternating heads instead of removable helmets, since these are supposed to be posed and left alone. I do hope Ep VI Vader has the three-piece though!

I got the impression from Tom's answer that army building would be addressed by releasing different types of the same kind of military figure. So we might get a stormtrooper, then a sandtrooper, etc.

Back