Star Wars Pod Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think baby Luke would fall into the category of "exclusives that will drive fans insane if they can't get" so I think they won't do that. Grievous' blaster sounds like a better fit, or a Commander Cody hologram.

Isn't the blaster Grievious uses the same kind the Stormtroopers use? I really wasnt paying attention & can't remember. :confused:

Here's Grievous' blaster:

b0006sh3wy01sclzzzzzzz1av.jpg

Storm/Clonetroopers' Blaster:

newtent0011mv.jpg

Some similarities but in the end very different.

Thinking it over though I think they wouldn't want to rule out Grievous(and his blaster would be an important accessory).

I'm guessing the Commander Cody hologram will be the exclusive.

Thank you very much for helping me tell the difference. Maybe the Exclusive will come with "The High Ground". :wacky

This is great News!
I would like the Grievous Blaster to come as a standard accessory. For the exclusive, I think it should be a Mangna Guard Electrostaff.
He used one fighting Grievous when he was riding that giant lizard. :D

I just listened to the podcast and was shocked to hear Tom Gilliland discuss the possibilities of Yoda. He mentioned something about selling him with another character like Luke!? Even his tone of voice seemed like people aren't that interested in a Yoda by himself?? Don't you guys think Yoda deserves as much attention to detail as any other major character? I don't see why Yoda wouldn't warrant his own separate release? I have been really hoping to see a high quality, articulated Yoda. But this may not happen if Sideshow decides to make him as a tag-a-long to another character. Yoda is such a pivotal character. Why should he be part of a 2-pack? I want Sideshow to put as much talent and resources into Yoda as any other release they do. I would be very willing to pay a higher price if there are engineering problems to tackle and higher production costs. There have already been many good looking Yoda's made by various companies. But none, as of yet, have great articulation. Imagine a Yoda with as many articulation points as a standard Sideshow body! It might be costly, but completely worthwhile IMO. Sideshow, maybe you can do a survey on your website to help judge the demand for such a figure? What do you guys think?

And Yoda's body can be used for other figures. Jawas and maybe Hobbits if they do 12" LOTR.

On ROTS Obi, I hope one of the alternate hands is one of his pointing 2 finger stance he did before fighting Grevious.

Last edited:
Great stuff. They used my question too. The one regarding accessory packs and uniform packs. I think this would be the best way to handle buying multiple military characters. I would buy a bunch of Rebel Endor or Hoth uniform packs. Same goes for Imperial officers.

JustinLuck said:
I just listened to the podcast and was shocked to hear Tom Gilliland discuss the possibilities of Yoda. He mentioned something about selling him with another character like Luke!? Even his tone of voice seemed like people aren't that interested in a Yoda by himself?? Don't you guys think Yoda deserves as much attention to detail as any other major character? I don't see why Yoda wouldn't warrant his own separate release? I have been really hoping to see a high quality, articulated Yoda. But this may not happen if Sideshow decides to make him as a tag-a-long to another character. Yoda is such a pivotal character. Why should he be part of a 2-pack? I want Sideshow to put as much talent and resources into Yoda as any other release they do. I would be very willing to pay a higher price if there are engineering problems to tackle and higher production costs. There have already been many good looking Yoda's made by various companies. But none, as of yet, have great articulation. Imagine a Yoda with as many articulation points as a standard Sideshow body! It might be costly, but completely worthwhile IMO. Sideshow, maybe you can do a survey on your website to help judge the demand for such a figure? What do you guys think?

i think what he was stressing is that yoda is so small, he would want to package him with a regular size figure so folks don't feel like they are getting ripped off. a lot of folks may balk at paying $50 for yoda, but may not be as hostile to a 2 pack featuring yoda and luke priced at $100.

tom clearly said yoda is an important character, so i don't think they'll skimp on the details.

for me personally, i'm totally happy with hasbro's yodas, as i am with their R2-D2. the sculpts are great and i don't really care that he has little articulation, as i thought the scenes with yoda fighting were goofy.:google

foolkiller said:
Great stuff. They used my question too. The one regarding accessory packs and uniform packs. I think this would be the best way to handle buying multiple military characters. I would buy a bunch of Rebel Endor or Hoth uniform packs. Same goes for Imperial officers.

what did you think about the removable helmet discussion? if they include the head and helmet, but we have to swap them out for display purposes, i'm cool with that. i'd prefer a real removable helmet, but as long as we get figures like commander cody, jango, stormtrooper han and luke with helmets and extra heads, i'm happy with that.

I'm pretty upset by the news that Yoda wont come seperately. I would love a Yoda from ESB, but I dont want my Yoda to come with a Dagobah Luke :sick And if I can get a Yoda for $45, I'd be fine with that, but then having to pay another $50 for a Luke figure I dont want, would really suck.

I think if they could give Yoda enough accessories to make his price reasonable, they could do him seperately. I bet R2 would come with C-3PO though.

Buttmunch said:
I think if they could give Yoda enough accessories to make his price reasonable, they could do him seperately. I bet R2 would come with C-3PO though.

I'd pay 50 for a articulated Yoda and some accessories. Maybe his floating chair thingy.

Would have no problem with a C3PO R2D2 two pack, you can't have one without the other!

Yoda better come with everything he touched for a $50 price tag. $30-$40 with some great accessories sounds reasonable.

I agree with R2 and 3PO being unseperable. The question is, which version of C-3PO would they make.

So it does look like they will be completeing the wave " Order of the Jedi" before starting the next one. Wonder if the save the siths for last to keep collectors buying the other pieces while waiting. well have to wait and see.....................................................OUT

They're in a lose/lose situation with Yoda - people demanding he come with more even though his development costs will be significantly higher than most other figures. And he's shorter than Jawas or hobbits I think, so the body wouldn't have any other uses, except maybe Nick Nack in the Bond line.

Back