Statue Star Wars Mythos – Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of the longest guns on mine are a bit wonky. Not totally straight. I called and they said they are all like that and we can't help you, you know the usual SS line. Are people experiencing these crooked guns or just a few? I don't remember hearing this was widespread.

Two of the longest guns on mine are a bit wonky. Not totally straight. I called and they said they are all like that and we can't help you, you know the usual SS line. Are people experiencing these crooked guns or just a few? I don't remember hearing this was widespread.

The rifle in his right hand is bent a little bit. This is quite widespread. However, I don't recall issues with the other rifle.

It is extremely widespread, most have them unfortunately, even his small ones are bent on some. I got two banana guns on mine. The biggest one is slightly crooked also but doesn't look to bad, I haven't even taken the pistol out of the box so can't speak for that.

It's the little details that really finish a piece of :dunno

ok thanks for sharing. the gun slung over his right shoulder is bent on mine, and the LONG one is straight but has some wonky parts on it. the one he is holding in his right hand is oddly perfect. i guess they are all a bit different.

ok thanks for sharing. the gun slung over his right shoulder is bent on mine, and the LONG one is straight but has some wonky parts on it. the one he is holding in his right hand is oddly perfect. i guess they are all a bit different.

Yeah, the one in his right hand is like a boomerang on mine, I have no idea how they mess things like this up so regularly. I saw pictures of a master chief PF with a bent rifle as well the other day. QC passed! :lol

i got my boba yesterday and it's a great statue, but the paint job was underwhelming, so I spruced him up. Applying weathering, silver paint chipping (which boba has a lot and the statue very little, especially the mask), adding gloss, semi-gloss and matt finishes to make every part look like it's a mixed media statue, and adding realism. Also added rust, sand and mud effects and some dry brushing to bring out the textures more. Also brought down the rock from bright red to a flattened sienna, with sand dry brushing.

Now I LOVE it. Hard to capture the difference with a camera, but in real life it looks so realistic, so imposing and cool!!!

Boba1.jpg

Boba2.jpg

Boba3.jpg

Boba4.jpg

Boba5.jpg

Boba6.jpg

Nice job!! One day I'm going to tone it all down a bit and make it all blend in a bit more. The jagged black lines around the chest armor scratches for example are not the best look, going to remove the bunny ears also...

Very nice job!!!

Fantastic photos too

It is a bold/confident person to go tare those measures on such a expensive statue IMO..... KUDOS

Thanks a lot JazzInc, you've just ruined this one for me! How can I be happy with the factory paint now!

I dunno JazzInc, while I like the extra weathering you have done, for my tastes I was more than impressed with the paint out-of-the-box. Great job nonetheless :)

wow great job.. guess specially the dry brush silver makes the details coming to live even more !!

Back