Star Wars Model Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget about the best part of the Blockade Runner, Miss July 1976 centerfold in the cockpit :wink1:

100_0892copy.jpg

This exibit is going to be in Texas in June. A half a days drive for me. I'll definitely be going.

This will be coming to Orlando, FL also. I hope to be there in armor myself! :)

It is so worth it. I went in the morning during the week and it wasn't very crowded... could stand around for as long as I wanted without much disruption.

And those are some great pics. You must have a nice camera to get such good pics on some of those. What I found funny were the people who would run up to a model, take 5 pics real fast then walk away. they wouldn't even stop to take a look at them or study them, kind of seems like a waste to me. I took my pics then just stared at each one for a long time. I found an upsidedown sticker on the falcon but I didn't see the dang centerfold... oh well.

Yea I went there with my visiting family during the week and NOBODY was there. I can't believe I missed that centerfold!!! :horror I think I will go back and get more shots. It's just so hard with no flash and a crummy camera. :duh

With flash
P4140031a.jpg

Without
P4140032a.jpg

P4140033a.jpg

1/6 mock up of Clone Trooper with upside down blaster
P4140056a.jpg

P4140057a.jpg

Here are the last pics that I have. I'll probably go back in the next few weeks again and try to capture more (and hopefully) better images.
X Wing
P4140077a.jpg

P4140075a.jpg

P4140078a.jpg

P4140080a.jpg

P4140078a.jpg

Whenever I get around to going back, is there anything specific I should focus on? I felt the Landspeeder and X-Wing definitely need more loving.

Whenever I get around to going back, is there anything specific I should focus on? I felt the Landspeeder and X-Wing definitely need more loving.

Did they have a Y-Wing there? It's one of my favorite ship designs of any of the SW films.

No unfortunately they were missing quite a few good models. :monkey2
I'm really going to hit everything (model wise) there, I just didn't know if there was a specific area of a model I should focus on some detail shots. I don't know if I can wear a head lamp or something to light the models better, but there were only a few models that were not well lit at all and couldn't get good detail shots.
I think another great money maker for Lucas would be to have a book that focuses specifically on the models from all of the movies with great shots taken in a studio. I'd easily spend $60 on that.

I would just keep taking as many pics as possible. I love the detailed ones like you took with the Rebel Blockade Runner.

When I saw The Magic of Myth at the Smithsonian years ago I went through the exhibit at least 5 times! :lol

Back