Star Wars Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you prefer viewing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've given this a lot of thought. Like when I have a kid and they're old enough to understand the story, not just "gee wiz effects and creatures". I think you need the impact of ANh and ESB to appreciate the prequels. Here's my current thought:
ANH: Best intro to the SW universe and amazing compelling characters that drive the story.
ESB: Carries over the story and intro's new plot elements. Yoda's teachings of the force and an amazing bombshell:the reveal of Vader as Luke's father! Still think the best way to reveal this is in Empire, plus they can ask themselves if Vader is lying like i thought he was when I was a kid.
TPM: Go back in time and see Luke's father's story and the story of the Old Republic. Plus, once you've got 'em with ANH and ESB, the story seems compelling to learn the truth of who Luke's father was.
AOTC
ROTS: Reveals Vader was not lying and now you have the drama going forward into
ROTJ: For me, this film works best when the backstory has been fully revealed and now you see from the prequels just how much is at stake for Luke to redeem his father. A great conclusion to the greatest story ever told IMO.
I really think this is how i will show my kid Star Wars. After each movie have a little discussion of what took place and their thought on what's going to happen. Can't wait to do this and share this story with a new generation. If they are anything like me, my two brothers, and my GF (who i plan to marry), they are predetermined to be a geek who loves SW.

Hahaha...he sits down, does alot of thinking...has a little synopsis for every movie..and still cant think of one thing to say about AOTC's... lol that is by far the worst of all six movies...what a waste.

I would watch IV, V, VI

I don't acknowledge that the others exist.

:lecture

I think the problem with seeing them "in order" is that it contaminates my viewing experience of the originals with the newfangled elements. I rather see each trilogy as as a product of its time.

Both trilogies don't even mesh well cinematographically.. they were made two decades apart by different people. So, for me, I would do a marathon but with a nice break between the trilogies.

For a complete understanding of the dramatic elements all you need to watch is 4, 5, 3, and end with 6. Done.

1 and 2 really don't add anything of value that really carries over at all. Qui-Gon is forgotten, midichlorians, who ordered the clone army, and much more only add to confusion. Everything of necessity in 1 and 2 is more or less in 3, just abbreviated in a way much more in tune wit the OT.

Yea..like how C3PO never acknowledges Obi Wan in IV? I would watch IV V VI and pretend the others never existed... I mean, you arent going to pop in Ewoks: Battle for Endor? So just make like these are some obscure crap spinoff like that...wait... they are.

3po's memory was wiped at the end of 3. Problem solved.

I have no problem with the PT, except for 2. I really really disliked 2. 1 had some great moments and 3 was badass. I don't think you can just dismiss them when watching them.

Well , i agree with you in some things , TPM is qui gon , Obi young and the fantastic Maul , AOTC is poor , and ROTS is big for moments, beauty as for special effects and characters and closing the history of the best way.

Back