Star Wars Marathon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you prefer viewing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who the hell has time to watch 6 or 7 movies at once? :dunno

I watch them as I see fit in random order. Prefer the OT so they get the most views.

I picked 1-6 but if I were to recommend a first time viewer to SW, I did pick the other option, the way all of us were introduced to the galaxy far far away.:)

i watch which ever one I feel like watching at the time. I might have an occassional marthon when the wife is out shopping all day. Ooer!
There's too many discrepancies between the OT and new films to watch as a six parter in my opinion. They work better as two sets of trilogys.

I've given this a lot of thought. Like when I have a kid and they're old enough to understand the story, not just "gee wiz effects and creatures". I think you need the impact of ANh and ESB to appreciate the prequels. Here's my current thought:
ANH: Best intro to the SW universe and amazing compelling characters that drive the story.
ESB: Carries over the story and intro's new plot elements. Yoda's teachings of the force and an amazing bombshell:the reveal of Vader as Luke's father! Still think the best way to reveal this is in Empire, plus they can ask themselves if Vader is lying like i thought he was when I was a kid.
TPM: Go back in time and see Luke's father's story and the story of the Old Republic. Plus, once you've got 'em with ANH and ESB, the story seems compelling to learn the truth of who Luke's father was.
AOTC
ROTS: Reveals Vader was not lying and now you have the drama going forward into
ROTJ: For me, this film works best when the backstory has been fully revealed and now you see from the prequels just how much is at stake for Luke to redeem his father. A great conclusion to the greatest story ever told IMO.
I really think this is how i will show my kid Star Wars. After each movie have a little discussion of what took place and their thought on what's going to happen. Can't wait to do this and share this story with a new generation. If they are anything like me, my two brothers, and my GF (who i plan to marry), they are predetermined to be a geek who loves SW.

I have actually really enjoyed the new Clone Wars series.

Memnoch21 said:
It depends on if its a first viewing or repeat viewings. For first viewings Id do OT first, PT second because you need that impact of "I am your father" (but if anyone doesnt know that by now they obviously don't like pop culture. If it's for a repeat viewing though go chrono.

That's precisely why the guy I knew suggested this:

IV, I, II, V, III, and VI.

It treats the PT more like flash backs to fill in as the OT story goes along.

I actually agree with this. If you're a first time Star Wars watcher then I think it should be viewed in the order they were originally released. When my son is old enough to understand, appreciate and absorb the films, this is how I will introduce it to him.

It's sort of like the Chronicles of Narnia. Even though The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was the first book published in the series, The Magician's Nephew is actually the first book chronologically. But when read in chronological order as opposed to reading them in the order they were published, it sort of takes away from the surprise and impact of the books for the first time reader. However, if you've read all the books, then it makes sense to go back and read them in chronological order again.

I hope that didn't confuse anyone.

Excellent example of using the Chronicles of Narnia. I agree 100%.

(I choose one at a time viewing for the Star Wars poll, by the way.)

Did this over the weekend, in chronological order...

Pizza + Star Wars = Happy Blackhole...

Depends on if i'm watching alone or if the girlfriend, nephews etc want to watch them.

If i'm alone i'll watch them all chrono.

If the girlfriend wants to watch them we just watch the OT as she hates the PT.

If its the nephews...PT, as they dont even know the OT exists :S, this of course is something i intend to change...very soon,

I, II, CW vol 1 & 2, III, IV, V, VI

Now it will also include the Clone Wars movie. And sometimes i also watch Family Guy: Blue Harvest after A New Hope.

well, i'm not in the habit of doing marathons, but i see 1 or 2 episodes the weekends, if it was doing the marathon i choose the bests, IV, V, VI , i grow up with the old trilogy , Young men's do not take offence, but the new trilogy is not compared by the old , for many reasons, whatever , this is my marathon :

ESB
ROTJ
ANH
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

Chronological order! The way they are meant to seen. I LOVE the saga as whole. When you watch them in order, EVERYTHING falls into place. Their are no unanswered questions, everything fits into a nice neat six part film saga. The GREATEST film saga! To me anyways.:chew

Yea..like how C3PO never acknowledges Obi Wan in IV? I would watch IV V VI and pretend the others never existed... I mean, you arent going to pop in Ewoks: Battle for Endor? So just make like these are some obscure crap spinoff like that...wait... they are.

Back