Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they'd kill Rex off just like that. Ive only seem the preview once and I could've sworn that clip was from the Umbara arc but I'll have to double check.

I could only hope not....only preview on sw.com is Maul and Obi meeting up

What IS this? Why are there playing cards all over it? This is almost as bad as Force Snakes.

darthmaul_detail.jpg

Someone in the Clone Wars 'think tank' thinks Maul is like Tony Stark. But it's more like that stupid contraption in Wild Wild West.

:lol @ all the freaks talking about the impossibility of Maul yet ignoring the complete lack of physics even lightsabers have. It's called "fantasy" for a reason, people. :lol

It's got nothing to do with 'our' physics, whether something would work here or not. It's all about consistancy within the world they have created. It's been established that in the SW universe lightsabers exist and work. It's also been established that being sliced in half by one kills you.

That is my complaint with Maul coming back.

It's got nothing to do with 'our' physics, whether something would work here or not. It's all about consistancy within the world they have created. It's been established that in the SW universe lightsabers exist and work. It's also been established that being sliced in half by one kills you.

It's also been established that by using the force, you can accomplish incredible feats... Which is why Maul survived. Which is why Anakin survived. Then there's the whole Greivous thing, Luke falling down the shaft, Emperor being reincarnated..Plagueis or whoever using the force to create a living being..this is SW ffs...

You don't like the fact that they brought Maul back, fine. But too say that Maul couldn't have survived that when all this other crazy ____ happens, is ridiculous.

^ That is my first look at the spider Maul and I like it. If he's supposed to be insane now and living on a garbage planet. Looks like he's using the force to keep the legs together.

Really want to see Cyborg Maul with the two mechanical legs though, ready to take vengeance on Obi-wan...

It's also been established that by using the force, you can accomplish incredible feats... Which is why Maul survived. Which is why Anakin survived. Then there's the whole Greivous thing, Luke falling down the shaft, Emperor being reincarnated..Plagueis or whoever using the force to create a living being..this is SW ffs...

You don't like the fact that they brought Maul back, fine. But too say that Maul couldn't have survived that when all this other crazy ____ happens, is ridiculous.

^ That is my first look at the spider Maul and I like it. If he's supposed to be insane now and living on a garbage planet. Looks like he's using the force to keep the legs together.

Really want to see Cyborg Maul with the two mechanical legs though, ready to take vengeance on Obi-wan...

1. Anakin had his limbs cut off, not bisected and falling down a bottomless shaft. Horrific damage, but not necessarily fatal.
2. They didn't just pick up Greivous' organs from the crash, stuff them in a robot and press the On switch.
3. Luke fell down the shaft and was sucked into a side chute slowing him to a stop. He didn't land at terminal velocity.
4. Clone Emperor is ridiculous non-canon rubbish.
5. That was only implied, unless it's in one of the novels. If so, see above.

I'm not saying crazy stuff doesn't happen, but it needs to be consistent within the rules they create for the SW universe (the Jedi are just as bad, one day they can lift up a guy with the force, the next they are chasing someone on foot for 10 minutes). If Maul could use the Force to heal himself from that injury, why shouldn't any Jedi be able to survive laser blasts or other lightsabers?

They created a Maul replacement in Savage, why couldn't they just develop his character to take revenge on Obi-Wan in his brother's name?

My only hope is that they introduce us to whomever did this to Maul in the next episode. I really hope they don't leave that open. How did he get to the planet? How did he survive? Who built his legs?

My only hope is that they introduce us to whomever did this to Maul in the next episode. I really hope they don't leave that open. How did he get to the planet? How did he survive? Who built his legs?

I think he fell down that long shaft in TPM into the trash bins on Naboo. Those trash bins were then transported to the garbage planet for waste. He survived by using the dark side of the force and he also uses the force to hold his trash-legs together. That's my $0.02 anyways.

I think he fell down that long shaft in TPM into the trash bins on Naboo. Those trash bins were then transported to the garbage planet for waste. He survived by using the dark side of the force and he also uses the force to hold his trash-legs together. That's my $0.02 anyways.

That was my thought as well. I'm assuming his torso went down one shaft (Luke/Bespin-style) and his legs down another, forcing him to assemble a lower half from the junk at hand.

the "website that is not always accurate" considers that a reactor shaft but with the path taken by the Clone Wars that could be debunked

Maul was dead long before he even hit the bottom of the shaft. We see the life leave his eyes as he tumbles backward, bouncing off the sides of the shaft as he goes - because he's dead. If he was alive, he would've used the force to keep himself from bouncing off the sides which beat him as he fell down. George Lucas himself said Maul is dead. The idea of resurrecting someone years later on a whim is offensive to the story and something I will not accept as canon.

Maul was dead long before he even hit the bottom of the shaft. We see the life leave his eyes as he tumbles backward, bouncing off the sides of the shaft as he goes - because he's dead. If he was alive, he would've used the force to keep himself from bouncing off the sides which beat him as he fell down. George Lucas himself said Maul is dead. The idea of resurrecting someone years later on a whim is offensive to the story and something I will not accept as canon.

While I can agree with you on that, it's SW and nothing is 100%. I actually like the idea of Maul being resurrected with a sith ritual performed by a bunch of dark-side practitioners like he was in the EU comic better then the way they did it on the Clone Wars show.

So Boba Fett is dead to you?

The creator/owner of Star Wars thinks differently and therefore, your opinion (or mine for that matter) is irrelevant. Honestly though, if someone can survive a triple amputation and being scorched by lava, or function as just a head, spine, lungs and a heart, or dissolve into the force only to come back and possess a clone of one's self, Maul surviving being bisected isn't as big a reach as you're making it seem.

not to mention the B'omarr Monk of Return of the Jedi… the spider-droid that carried around a living sentient brain.

Back