Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what needs to happen now, George Lucas must die *JOKE*. It's the only way to save Star Wars. Eh, it's already screwed who cares.

I see the wink but whilst I have no choice but to wait and See I wait without much hope. :monkey2

I get it, we've been burnt so many times by poor choices with SW that we just kind of expect the worst. But sometimes, things are done that are interesting and cool and help keep the flame alive. I dunno which this will be, but I'm taking the "glass half full" approach on this one for now and waiting to see the story. If it's done in a sub-par, cliched way that adds nothing to the overall lore, I'll be upset then. But there is potential that it could be excellent, I think they've created a really worthy character in Savage and left us dangling, waiting to see what happens to him next; it really comes down to who writes this story.

BTW, anyone else think that the Nightsisters had sort of a "Temple of Doom" feel to them? Can't put my finger on exactly why, but TOD was in the back of my head when I saw them, with all the quasi-mystical evil stuff, they sort of reminded me of Mola Ram and the Kali cult. I like it!

Just watched this week's episode.

Wow. This was easily the worst episode of this show yet. Total pointless filler. A few hoary old-story cliches strung together with barely-registering environments and hokey aliens. Was the "writing room" biding time on a Friday before the weekend or something? This episode had NO POINT to it at all. NONE. And on this sad note, the show takes a 2 week hiatus...here's hoping when it returns, it gets interesting again before we descend into Maul madness (sorry- having a tough time imagining Maul's return being anything but a lame, goofy, mess...want to be wrong though...).

I'd watched a few episodes of the Season 3 set today...the two opening "clone-centric" ones and the "Heroes on Both Sides" one...all three really strong episodes for different reasons....when the show's good....it's good.

But when it slumps, woo-boy, it slumps bad....and the last two weeks have been bad...

OMG?! WTF has become of this show??? My kids, 2 & 7 can't even sit through Clone Wars anymore. My 7 year daughter said yesterday "the movies are so much better than the cartoons".

Stick that where it fits, anyone who's ever justified this dribble is targeted as kids.

It's a sort of Sideshow Clonetrooper Production effect, say like 'We have Savage already as a fully programmed CGI, in order to save money and time, let's colour him different and reuse him as Maul for a story arc.

Yeah this show is getting lame. I will not even allow the powers at be, dictate its oriented for kids, when you have the season opener with floating dead mon cal, gungans blowing up from detonating blades, and the later friday evening start time. If I recall when I was a kid DROIDS was a saturday morning cartoon. I can admit there has been a few decent episods but far and in between alot of crap.
The worst part is you have Filoni (a Fan) at the helm. I sometimes wonder if being a Fan and working with George, if you can detach yourself from the hip, and truly push George away from ridiculous story lines. All to often Filoni comes in saying this is Georges story and this is canon....yeah but a big but....not always has this guy come up with great stuff on his own...he had alot of help developing the OT into something more meaningful story wise. He may have great big story ideas, but I think the story details in between he lacks vision on.
Look at Willow, essentially the same big picture idea as star wars. Willow was luke, Mad martigan "han" you get the idea.
Clone Wars had huge potential in his original idea of creating new characters for the series. Instead he walks all over canon and the EU only to have retcon everything, making it a convoluted mess.

Just watched this week's episode.

Wow. This was easily the worst episode of this show yet. Total pointless filler.

:lol

Wow you guys, I actually really liked this one. Okay the Wizard of Oz stuff was so so but I loved the first and last portions with the Republic fighting the Droid Armies all around 3PO and R2. It felt like a cross between the opening of ANH and the Star Tours ride. My kids liked it too. :rock :lol

all these people talking about how boring the show is getting and even their kids being uninterested keep forgetting that once this show picks up it generally doesn't slow down. Pretty soon it will be full of cool big battles, new characters, and lightsaber fights.

I am shocked! I've liked every episode of this season so far! :thud: And R2 & 3PO had a hilarious story that wasn't just them antiquing around the Coruscant shopping district.

Nothing about it was funny

Well said.

And I wish people would STOP justifying that it will GET better. For ____s sake people! Simpsons, Simpsons, Simpsons. 20 odd years in and we still more GOOD episodes than crap.

Good is good, bad is bad; SIMPLE!!!!

If this didn't have the Star Wars brand attached to it it wouldn't have made it past season one!

Thank god then, because there's been really great story arcs in the first 3 seasons and if you've really been watching the show, I don't know how you can doubt that there'll be at least a couple good ones this season:dunno

Well said.

And I wish people would STOP justifying that it will GET better. For ____s sake people! Simpsons, Simpsons, Simpsons. 20 odd years in and we still more GOOD episodes than crap.

Good is good, bad is bad; SIMPLE!!!!

If this didn't have the Star Wars brand attached to it it wouldn't have made it past season one!

Huh? The Simpsons hasn't been good in like 10 year years.

Quite honestly, if you didn't like anything about last season or don't think it's going to get better, then you probably shouldn't watch. Why would you want too? It's going to be more of the same. Yes there will be the stupid political episodes and the ones that revolve around uninteresting characters, but then you will always get the arcs like the Ryloth one, the Citadel, Savage Opress and the Nightsisters, Clone training, Boba Fett's return, Cad Bane's debut, The Deserter, Rookies, Grevious' Lair, etc. This year we are guaranteed that several of those characters will come back, Rex gets his own arc, Darth Maul will be back, and a new jedi that looks pretty badass. I feel like the boring crap is getting out of the way because I know what will happen down the road will be more interesting.

Last edited:
This week's ep was a strange one, to be sure. As previously stated, the beginning and end were solid, but the middle...who the heck decided to go with "The-Wizard-of-Oz-in-10-Minutes-with-Droids-and-Dumb-Aliens"? Just a very peculiar direction. This show can do much better, here's hoping it finds some traction for this season soon!

Last season was really good, probably my favorite yet. The Savage three parter rocked. Best Clone Wars yet and I hope they bring him back this year.

The Citadel escape was also a great one, loved the carbonite part.

Back