Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

Horrible episode.
I thought the pabulum puking "peace" politicians and the "war-mongers" had one dimensional dialogue and perspectives worthy of Lucas himself.

Horrible episode.
I thought the pabulum puking "peace" politicians and the "war-mongers" had one dimensional dialogue and perspectives worthy of Lucas himself.

:lecture...quoted for truth!

I didn't think it was "horrible" but I hardly see how an episode like this would appeal to kids. It was kinda boring to me, and I totatlly understood what they were trying to do, so I would imagine that a kid would be a little bored by all the dialogue if they didn't understand the broader implications and social commentary being made.

Last edited:

If this didn't have "filler" episode written all over it. I know its for a change of pace, but I still dislike them

man im really sick of all this boring political crap. i have not been impressed with this season. seems like nothings memorable. loved the cad bane beginning stuff. we need more of that action and fun. if i was a kid i would not be watching this

I like that it was different. You know what I'm sick of?
hey anakin Follow orders.

no I'm anakin, I know what best

and he disobeys orders and saves the day and is free form disapline.

Geez, how many episodes have been like that?(it happens again next week)

I love political episodes because I don't care about the clones. I do like seeing the roles of background and minor Jedi expanded, but I love episodes focusing on the Senate, senators, and intergalactic politics much more than those that only feature clones.

This just goes to show how different fans desire different things, and I'm glad they can fit episodes in to please us all.

I agree.
I love clones, but the funny thing about all this era is to see the political change and that is something we only see at Coruscant.
The episode is great, and to see the Kaminoans on the senate is very cool.
Its not cool always watching the clones shooting at something or Jedi leading the army, I mean.. I love all that, but also I love the senate and I think we can do great plots with that =)

It'd be nice if after what now 6 or so months and they actually show
what was advertised so heavily to promote season two and thats the
Rise of the Bounty Hunters

6 mos later and several breaks where no new eposides are shown for weeks and a fairly mediocre season at best , yes there have been some very good episodes but alot of filler as well.

I'm sure it will be around August before we see the bounty hunters since Hasbro has until August to exclusively handle to Clones Wars line and they will start the Basic line back with the Vintage figures.

Last edited:

BobaClone_1269550999.jpg

Hey, who's that kid? :D

BobaClone_1269550999.jpg

March 25, 2010 - His backpack's got jets. He's Boba the Fett. And he's about to return to the medium that first introduced him.

Boba Fett, the legendary Star Wars bounty hunter – who first appeared in an animated segment in the otherwise infamous The Star Wars Holiday Special -- is going to make his debut on the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars next month. In an article at USA Today, The Clone Wars's supervising director Dave Filoni talked about his approach to the character, noting, "What makes Boba Fett interesting is the mystery. So I'm very careful about how much we reveal. When you watch the movies later, even if you've seen all the Clone Wars episodes, the mystique is still there. It's not like I'll turn on all the lights in the room."

Reprising his role as Boba Fett is Daniel Logan, who played the character in Attack of the Clones and will voice him in The Clone Wars. Fett is still a teenager in The Clone Wars era, but obviously affected by what occurred in Episode II. Asked by USA Today what Boba Fett wants when we meet up with him again, Logan replies, "If there's one word: revenge." Somehow I'm guessing that will involve a certain purple lightsaber-wielding Jedi.

We heart you, Boba
Looking back at the origins of the character, George Lucas tells USA Today, "I thought the idea of a stormtrooper-ish kind of guy with rocket packs who was actually a hero — not just a nameless, faceless guy — had a chance for pizzazz. So, we made an uber-stormtrooper and I called him Boba Fett. I liked the idea that he was a bounty hunter and carried six-shooters. ... After the [Christmas Special], we put him in the films. And then after that, he became more and more of a popular character."

Filoni recalled getting the original Boba Fett action figure - which was only available by mail order, prior to the release of The Empire Strikes Back, where he made his live-action debut. "It came to my house in a little white box. I knew this had to be the coolest guy in the Star Wars universe — and he hadn't even done anything yet!"

Not an upbeat kid:
The Clone Wars's Boba Fett
Musing on Fett's popularity, Filoni tells USA Today, "It speaks to individuality. The stormtroopers look cool, but they're all the same. Boba Fett looked like he'd been through a lot, like he must have a lot of stories. He had that Clint Eastwood vibe to him."

Producer Rick McCallum has previously stated that Boba Fett would be a part of the eventual live action Star Wars TV series, set in the 20-year gap in-between the prequels and the original trilogy. There has been speculation about whether Logan might again play the character in that series and his return to the role in The Clone Wars certainly won't quiet that talk.

Boba Fett's debut on The Clone Wars coincides with the 30th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, which opened on May 21st, 1980.

BobaClone_1269550999.jpg

He looks a little angry, looking forward to seeing him back and with Daniel Logan providing the voice.

Just watch the new episode, submarines in space is a very cool idea and the awesome spider general who only got one episode, which is a shame.

The lone in this episode where awesome, like low-vis aircraft style colours and markings.

You know, I heard somewhere that George Lucas actually didn't want Boba fighting Mace Windu in Ep III, because he would be too young at that point.... SO if they do it in the Clone Wars, he's even younger... that doesn't seem right to me... Maybe he won't fight Windu, maybe he will for the sake of having more viewers... :dunno

Pretty decent episode, I cant wait for the final arc of the season. And I hope they make one of these guys
img23.jpg

Back