Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd recommend it for multiple reasons. First off, it's pretty fun. Secondly, you'll learn a lot about droid building and make new contacts and friends in the group.

Wow, I made my post earlier in the day without having seen the links reporting that Disney is letting everyone who worked on The Clone Wars go. Dayum! So much for that straight to blu-ray wrap-up.

And you know, I actually think that's pretty damn cool. George can NOT be happy about that, them just unceremoniously terminating any acknowledgement or progression of what he's been carefully overseeing with regard to furthering the story for the last five years. Go Disney!

George is nothing now, or rather he's no more than a glorified Timothy Zahn or even Irvin Kershner (RIP) with regard to controlling what is or is not canon anymore. I LOVE THAT.

Hope you had fun wasting years on the CG equivalent of one long Splinter of the Mind's Eye. :lol Poetic justice for Tartofsky. The CW microseries enhanced the PT and led right up to the opening scroll of ROTS. TCW is incomplete and completely pointless now.

My god dude, hate much? Do you think Tartakovski has even thought about this topic since he did his show? And really, an ithorian growling at the ground and ripping it up is better than anything on the clone wars series?

And George and continuity: Of course he doesnt care, he doesnt have to. he created Star wars and can do whatever he wants with it.(or at least used to be able to). I highly doubt at the story meetings for TCW that when he said"I had a great Idea for the mandalorians" someone said "But George, Karen Travis wrote all these stories about the Mandalorians!" I doubt it. For all those people that say that everything should fit or be canon, I suggest you go and create your own universe, become a multimillionare from it. Let other people play in that universe.

So when the day comes you want to do something in this thing you created, you cant because someone else did it differently. Yeah, your gonna stop and say yeah, this third rate author will have their way.
WHY WHY WHY does all the written stuff have to be acknowledged? I gave up reading the novels along time ago becasue they were so bad. And Tartakovski's CW was so geared towards little kids, not to say the filoni CW is that much better, but it never felt like a kids show to me.

Wow, I made my post earlier in the day without having seen the links reporting that Disney is letting everyone who worked on The Clone Wars go. Dayum! So much for that straight to blu-ray wrap-up.

And you know, I actually think that's pretty damn cool. George can NOT be happy about that, them just unceremoniously terminating any acknowledgement or progression of what he's been carefully overseeing with regard to furthering the story for the last five years. Go Disney!

George is nothing now, or rather he's no more than a glorified Timothy Zahn or even Irvin Kershner (RIP) with regard to controlling what is or is not canon anymore. I LOVE THAT.

Hope you had fun wasting years on the CG equivalent of one long Splinter of the Mind's Eye. :lol Poetic justice for Tartofsky. The CW microseries enhanced the PT and led right up to the opening scroll of ROTS. TCW is incomplete and completely pointless now.

I get the vibe that it's very builder-centric. Hell, every person attending is listed and they're only at about 50ish so far.

I'm hoping to go. :D

We don't turn people away, though. If someone wants to come and see the droids and parts and just talk to builders they'd be welcomed.

We don't turn people away, though. If someone wants to come and see the droids and parts and just talk to builders they'd be welcomed.

I'd turn everyone away. They'd all, like, walk in and I'd be all "We don't serve your kind here". :lecture

Yep, sweet sweet justice. Let Disney treat him like he's treated his creative partners for years.

I actually just started watching the Clone Wars on BluRay about a week before that fateful Disney announcement. With the resources available to them, I would've thought Disney would've taken TCW to a whole new level. Now it sounds like we are going to be stuck with an incomplete series. Not cool. :gah:

I do agree that Genndy Tartakovsky did a fine job with his vision of the Clone Wars. But I'm biased because Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab are two of my cartoons of all time. Right behind Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry (the originals cartoons, not this new junk they are producing nowadays.)

I like the clean slate but I don't understand why CW couldn't run for one more year at the same time??
Bioware did KotOR which was kind of a clean slate and created a whole new universe and it didn't stop other parts of the EU from being developed as well.
Plus most episodes seem to have already been partly produced so I'm pretty sure they could have released them on bluray in 6 months. I doubt we'll see a TV show and we certainly won't see a movie before the end of year so the whole thing seems unnecessary.

And do you guys really think that a Disney produced Star Wars cartoon is going to be better and more mature than what CW was??? :dunno

And do you guys really think that a Disney produced Star Wars cartoon is going to be better and more mature than what CW was??? :dunno

Yes. Because it's not just Disney heading it, it's Kathleen Kennedy. And she brought in Lawrence Kasdan and hired Michael Arndt & J.J. Abrams, with Ben Affleck a close second. Basically every move they've made since the acquisition was announced indicates a complete change of pace and philosophy we've been getting since ROTJ.

EDIT: just noticed you were referring to potential ANIMATED SW done by Disney, not the movies. But I still pretty much feel the same. But even if a new animated show is more geared toward kids I won't care, because I view all that stuff as insignificant EU stuff anyway.

Besides, the Han Solo short that the DAVE School produced a few years ago is miles better than anything CW ever did. Fans should be begging for a series like THAT to be produced.

I'm just thinking how this is guarranteed money for disney...If each film is say 300 mill to make and you kinda know they are going to make over 1 billion easily on it....I wont be shocked if the film a trilogy or a two parter and the same time...LOTR/HOBBIT type stuff...Hell it wont shock me if the do a film every 2 years forever...easy money...safe investment for Disney...just on toy & video sales how much they will make in addition to the theater

Back