Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's surprising to me if it actually happens, but then again I guess to speculate it really doesn't mess up canon too much I suppose if Boba and Cad coexist. Although it makes you wonder why Cad Bane wouldn't be a bounty hunter hired to track the Millennium Falcon in ESB if he's alive and well.

Thought tonight's episode was exciting. Nothing too deep and as dramatic as the Umbara series, but it was cool to see all the bounty hunters trying to work together. My only complaint is that Obi Wan is still doing everything. These are the most skilled bounty hunters in the galaxy and none of them can survive or come up with anything other than just jumping wherever Obi Wan jumps? I thought a few of them could have had their moments to shine and allowed Obi Wan to blend in more. Still think Embo's the best though.

My only complaint is that Obi Wan is still doing everything. These are the most skilled bounty hunters in the galaxy and none of them can survive or come up with anything other than just jumping wherever Obi Wan jumps? I thought a few of them could have had their moments to shine and allowed Obi Wan to blend in more.

I see SW bounty hunters as opportunists more than super heroes. I think it made sense for them to bide their time with a guy like Obi-Wan in their midst who quickly proved himself a very capable leader and tactician.

Especially since some of the traps were literally designed to kill whoever volunteered first.

I see SW bounty hunters as opportunists more than super heroes. I think it made sense for them to bide their time with a guy like Obi-Wan in their midst who quickly proved himself a very capable leader and tactician.

Especially since some of the traps were literally designed to kill whoever volunteered first.

That's a good point, but SW (especially EU) tends to make their bounty hunters into superhero-like combatants. Boba Fett has gone toe to toe with Vader himself. Cade Bane has jumped into battle with Anakin and Obi Wan or Quinlan Vos, he has proved himself able to hold his own to an extent against superhero-like jedi. We've seen what these bounty hunters can do, specifically Embo, when they were hired to protect those farmers from Hondo and his crew. I think it would have been cooler to make ObiWan have to work with these "scum" to survive instead of him doing everything himself.

Did anyone else think 'Cube'?!

I thought it was an ok episode, not as epic as some recent ones but good nonetheless.

The highlights for me were
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyone else wonder what was up with that huge close up of Dooku's smirk? Think he knows it's Obi-Wan?

Did anyone else think 'Cube'?!

I thought it was an ok episode, not as epic as some recent ones but good nonetheless.

The highlights for me were
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyone else wonder what was up with that huge close up of Dooku's smirk? Think he knows it's Obi-Wan?

I assumed that as well. I thought it would have been confirmed at some point in the episode. I was also hoping "The Box" was going to be more of a gladiator type style of tournament between the bounty hunters rather than avoiding pits and gas. But i guess maybe they felt like it would have been too much like the slavers arc.

Although it makes you wonder why Cad Bane wouldn't be a bounty hunter hired to track the Millennium Falcon in ESB if he's alive and well.

22+ years is a long time to pass especially when you have to be agile. I always assumed he was around Obi Wan's age and we all know how he moved during ANH. Can't really see Bane being that good at his job at that age.

22+ years is a long time to pass especially when you have to be agile. I always assumed he was around Obi Wan's age and we all know how he moved during ANH. Can't really see Bane being that good at his job at that age.

But Dengar and Bossk are apparently. But fair point regardless. I still think he should die before the series ends...I mean, between Dooku, Palpatine, Grevious, Fett, they need to clear out these new characters. We can't have everybody not being a zabrak survive lol.

Maul was the worst evil enemy, to me he was uncool right from the start. hated his tattoo face, hated his look, to much of a human in a bad costume. So glad he was cut in half to not spoil the next two episodes. He should never come back!

How awesome would have been a sith like the one from old republic? He'd have looked so dark and evil, but he would have frightened the kids GL was appealing to with Episode I, like that Anakin talking about angels (when the funk entered Christian religion my star wars universe?), then all the kiddy versions of Greedo etc.

B2T, I do really enjoy the clone wars as my weekly portion of original star wars, there are some weaker episodes but I do see an increase of quality and story telling!

You can't just tie human aging to aliens. Look at Yoda. But I can see Sidious with his hate of non humans letting some of his apprentices dispose of Bane.

I wouldn't mind having this version of Fox stand next to my Shocktrooper. Make it happen Sideshow
117aih0.jpg

I think we are getting a Hasbro version this year. That's a nice start now the big boys need to make us a bigger scale one.

is it just me or did the ship that Obi and Bane flew in on kind of looked like Leia's Boushh helmet??

That's a good point, but SW (especially EU) tends to make their bounty hunters into superhero-like combatants. Boba Fett has gone toe to toe with Vader himself. Cade Bane has jumped into battle with Anakin and Obi Wan or Quinlan Vos, he has proved himself able to hold his own to an extent against superhero-like jedi. We've seen what these bounty hunters can do, specifically Embo, when they were hired to protect those farmers from Hondo and his crew. I think it would have been cooler to make ObiWan have to work with these "scum" to survive instead of him doing everything himself.

I do like how it played out but I see what you're saying about Bane being a bit superhero-ish himself. I did like that he was clearly about to be cut down by Anakin in last week's episode until Obi-Wan intervened.

i can see them having boba kill bane, it makes sense to do it at the end of the series when boba is putting on the mando armor. Plus having that be the first really BA thing he does will forgive him of some of his whininess so far and let him take bane's role as the top bounty hunter in the galaxy

is it just me or did the ship that Obi and Bane flew in on kind of looked like Leia's Boushh helmet??

It looks like the Lady Luck, Lando's ship from the EU. In the last episode, the ship Bane and that other guy flew away on (before getting shot down) reminded me of Jabba's ship from the first Dark Forces game.

Right now Jango is still the most badass bounty hunter. Got the best of Obi-Wan in a fight with personal weapons, hand to hand, and ship to ship.

Then later he became the first and still only bounty hunter to kill a Jedi and was enough of a prick to do a little showboating about it.

Last edited:
^That's true. And when I watch an episode and a few clones die very easily or in some stupid fashion, I just hang my head. Making Jango look bad lol.

It looks like the Lady Luck, Lando's ship from the EU. In the last episode, the ship Bane and that other guy flew away on (before getting shot down) reminded me of Jabba's ship from the first Dark Forces game.

Dude how do you even remember this!? Did you play it recently?

Also did anyone else think "oh Sh.." when they announced the sniper challenge?

i can see them having boba kill bane, it makes sense to do it at the end of the series when boba is putting on the mando armor. Plus having that be the first really BA thing he does will forgive him of some of his whininess so far and let him take bane's role as the top bounty hunter in the galaxy

If Boba Fett is supposed to be Clint Eastwood and Cad Bane is supposed to be Lee Van Cleef, an old fashioned shootout would be an awesome way for Bane to go. Plus it'd be a pretty awesome "passing the torch" moment. I'm sure people will still find a way to whine about something, but that would be my dream scenario between those two.

^That's true. And when I watch an episode and a few clones die very easily or in some stupid fashion, I just hang my head. Making Jango look bad lol.

At least for every bunch of clone fodder out there, there's a Rex, Wolffe, Alpha, Fives, etc. I'm sure he could've been proud of that.

Do you guys really still watch this show? I find it so boring. I really would like to have a small dose of weekly Star Wars, but I haven't seen anything good in this show since "Rookies".

Curious what some of you find appealing? That is not meant to be a put down. I seriously want to know why midichlorians are not in-tune with this.

The one thing that's always appealed to me about this show is the design, animation and direction this show has. They really have some good people working on it. I might not always think the stories are great, but it is fun to watch. I don't find it boring at all.

Back