Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone's said this but I would love for season 4 to be the last of the Clone Wars as it seems they are getting closer to Episode III as far as plot and character design. That said, wouldn't it be beyond awesome if they relaunched the series and did a classic trilogy version with our favorite heroes taking place in the three years between ANH and Empire? They could use the same animation style and many of the same character designs as well. Seeing that the live action is far from getting off the ground I think this would be so cool.
Plus I'd just pee my pants to see the continued adventures of Luke Skywalker in a serial based series! I mean let's face it after over ten years of prequel stuff I'd love to see Star Wars go back to its roots.

yes let dave and the gang destory every bit of eu :mad::thud::thud::gah:

I don't know if anyone's said this but I would love for season 4 to be the last of the Clone Wars as it seems they are getting closer to Episode III as far as plot and character design. That said, wouldn't it be beyond awesome if they relaunched the series and did a classic trilogy version with our favorite heroes taking place in the three years between ANH and Empire? They could use the same animation style and many of the same character designs as well. Seeing that the live action is far from getting off the ground I think this would be so cool.
Plus I'd just pee my pants to see the continued adventures of Luke Skywalker in a serial based series! I mean let's face it after over ten years of prequel stuff I'd love to see Star Wars go back to its roots.

:lecture:exactly:

YEP! I'd LOVE to see this, and seeing how AWESOME the student Han/Chewie film was made me want it MORE! :monkey2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVnMxAZjMsI

As much as i would love to see an new series based on the OT i think it would be difficult to find a slot in the OT time-line that is as open to creativity as the Clone Wars is. A lot of focus has been place on the PT era lately but i think its because up until several years ago the Clone Wars was still a very blank canvas.

OT characters have been further established through books for years and years now. Writing a whole series centered around characters that already have past present and futures would be a tremendously difficult maze to write through.

Though I'm not saying its impossible. It could happen between ANH and ESB as was previously mentioned. I would even like to see it take place between ROTS and ANH.

As much as i would love to see an new series based on the OT i think it would be difficult to find a slot in the OT time-line that is as open to creativity as the Clone Wars is. A lot of focus has been place on the PT era lately but i think its because up until several years ago the Clone Wars was still a very blank canvas.

OT characters have been further established through books for years and years now. Writing a whole series centered around characters that already have past present and futures would be a tremendously difficult maze to write through.

Though I'm not saying its impossible. It could happen between ANH and ESB as was previously mentioned. I would even like to see it take place between ROTS and ANH.

I think its pretty do able actually. I mean there is three years between ANH and Empire much in the way that there is three years inbetween AOTC and Sith. As far as the books go they could go a head and disregard them just as they pretty much did all of the Clone Wars comics and books that were put out pre 2008. Plus there are so many characters besides Luke, Han, and Leia they could flesh out.

While an OT animated series would rock, I still feel like there is unmined potential still in the PT. I don't think Anakin's seduction to the Dark Side was convincingly portrayed in the films & I'm hoping having Christian Taylor as a head writer will give the Clone Wars a chance to do it. For example, allowing Anakin a glimpse into his own future in the Mortis trilogy added an interesting element to his fall from grace, similar to Oedipus being doomed to the very fate that he tried so desperately to avoid, & something that was never even hinted at in ROTS.

I have also always wanted to see a more dramatic set of events that could turn the friendship between Anakin & Obi-Wan into that of bitter adversaries. Could there have been romantic feelings between Obi-Wan & Padme that the films never suggested? That would certainly set a stronger stage for Anakin's departure from the Jedi Order & a willing participant in its destruction. It would also add another dimension to Obi-Wan's commitment in overseeing Luke's upbringing, a child that connects him to people who were both close to him but were so tragically lost.

I know this will end up treading on territory that ROTS already explored, but so what? This series has already expanded & redefined quite a bit of what was only introduced in the prequels. That would be the kind of "secrets revealed" that would get fans talking!

Last edited:
Since The Clone Wars is technically a kids show I'm not sure it will get much darker than it already is. :) Besides Obi-Wan is too much of a boyscout to bang Padme.

Since The Clone Wars is technically a kids show I'm not sure it will get much darker than it already is. :) Besides Obi-Wan is too much of a boyscout to bang Padme.

I wasn't suggesting that their relationship be consummated. But I don't think a Star Wars version of the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle would be anymore mature than what the show has done already.

What I would love to see is a one shot live action movie set in the PT era. It could have all the actors from the Prequels reprise their roles and it could be just one mission involving clones and Jedi. I think it could work, it'll never happen, but I think that would be awesome. Anakin could be modeled after the Clone Wars animated version, and be a great character instead of a whiner. It could be a great Obi Wan Anakin friendship movie.

I wasn't suggesting that their relationship be consummated. But I don't think a Star Wars version of the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle would be anymore mature than what the show has done already.

I know what you meant. Obi and Padme porking behind Anakins back was just a funny thought.

Enjoyed this finale a lot. Great animation, gorgeous backgrounds, good action. A cool "Star Wars" bent on "The Most Dangerous Game" (it's even acknowledged in the fortune-cookie-saying opening: "Without humility, courage is a dangerous game.") Even generated a little emotion with Chewie's appearance, even if the moment was spoiled by a ham-fisted commercial break...looking forward to watching these uninterrupted on BR later this year...

One of my favorite moments came towards the end when the bounty hunter Sugi (from the 2nd season Kurosawa-esque episode "Bounty Hunters") made a brief, but crucial appearance...

So the Trandoshans are the "Predators" of the SW universe with a dash of Klingon, eh? It was fun...

Makes me really want to see Sideshow produce a 1:6 scale Bossk figure now!

This season's had it's ups and downs....it was bookended by some really good episodes and hit some snags with so many senate/non-war episodes in a row (although I really liked "Heroes On Both Sides" a lot) and then picked up steam with the last five episodes.

The level of animation (especially the backgrounds/environments & character movement/action) really jumped up several notches after the mid-season break...didn't care for the whole Maul-Wannabee & the Witches thing or the whole funky force-planet with the Renaissance Fair rejects, but there's no denying they were pretty to look at...

The season four tease looked promising...it'll be a long wait until fall...

Whoever wrote the last episode must have really been influenced by the Predators movie .

If I'm not mistaken, they wrote 100 episodes before going into production. I seem to remember that at least being the plan, way back when news was first breaking about the series. So, I'm not sure that's the case. More likely "the most dangerous game"

Great finale. Asoka is a much better character now that she is a little older. Didn't even need Anakin or Obi-wan to wrap up the season. Honestly I think I enjoy the episodes that focus on secondary characters better. Having other Jedi such as Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, or Saesee Tinn as the lead is fine with me.

Back