Star Wars lifesize thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaiking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't know if there is thread like this one or not (I tried the search feature and couldn't find one) but here's a quickie from my collection:

SDC11524.jpg

My ESB Vader is being remodded and my ESB Boba is still under construction.

Let's see everyone else's lifesize figs!

-Joe

I'm still working on mine, but here are some heads...

DSCF0152.jpg

I didn't create that one, a very talented person who goes by the name of Cyberman on the RPF made it. I have everything else to complete it, I just have yet to build the body.

DSCF0763.jpg

Still working on this one, slowly adding the beard and then permanently attach the wig and work on the hairline. It is cast in silicone from a sculpture I made...

DSCF9453.jpg

I dig the yoda...I have an ESB Fett that is in the works..just need a few more pieces..also I have a trooper I am just waiting to get a mannequin for and to assemble the armor accordingly

I'm still working on mine, but here are some heads...

DSCF0152.jpg

I didn't create that one, a very talented person who goes by the name of Cyberman on the RPF made it. I have everything else to complete it, I just have yet to build the body.

Man, that's a nice piece. Yeah, my Yoda was sculpted by Cyberman too. He's doing yet another Yoda sculpt plus I'm getting my Indy bust that he sculpted. He's quite talented.

-Joe

that yoda is sick. what kind of dough did that cost you and are they still available for sale?

Ditto on the Yoda... great looking piece :rock

I just have 2 of the 1:1 busts (Vader and Yoda); so not as cool as you guys :monkey2

Don't know if there is thread like this one or not (I tried the search feature and couldn't find one) but here's a quickie from my collection:

SDC11524.jpg

My ESB Vader is being remodded and my ESB Boba is still under construction.

Let's see everyone else's lifesize figs!

-Joe

Man, ditch the CAboots. You got to hunt down some equestrian riding boots like mine. :)

armorf07.jpg

And here is the jewel of my lifesize collection. It spends most of the time in a bin though.

armorf01.jpg

that yoda is sick. what kind of dough did that cost you and are they still available for sale?

Thanks guys. Yoda wasn't cheap. Set me back almost or around a grand total for all the parts (Cyberman package, flute necklace, eyes, cane, etc). Luckily, my mom assists me in making the clothes so if you're Yoda needs threads, just contact me.

Here's some other pics:

PA250232.jpg

P32105602.jpg

Here's a goofy pic I took with another member of my mannequin family:

l_a6ebb7891b7742efb7af48cc76368a0b.jpg

-Joe

Fantastic stormtrooper. Did you build and paint that yourself? What kind of paint did you use?

I have a new Lifesized project:

ARC_Front.jpg

I'm currently on the painting phase.

Been working on this guy since last October and hope to be done by this Halloween. I just moved into a new place, so don't mind my unfinished game room floor/walls:slap
DSC01589.jpg

Great stuff, guys! :rock

Here's R2 visiting the Millennium Falcon at the SWWSMI Exhibit opening this past weekend:

june2010028.jpg

And a couple of pics of my all new & improved R2 currently in the works (still very early on... he'll be almost 100% accurate, including logics):

may2010075.jpg

june2010002i.jpg

june2010016.jpg

That is super cool Irish... so is that a kit? I know you've mentioned the R2 builders in the past, just curious how you got it made.

Thanks! No, they're not from kits... but from a variety of individual parts and components either scratch-built myself (from R2 Builders club plans & specs) or acquired from official club parts suppliers, who do regular part runs.

The styrene dome in the bottom pic of my post actually started like this:
cd.jpg

It's my latest, most accurate one. But it will be converted to a bartender dome later this year, when I upgrade to another aluminum dome (this time, an accurate 300mm), which will thankfully be laser cut, making the finishing much easier:
300mmdome-1.jpg

As you probably know, no one in the club offers a "kit" for making a complete R2. However, every now and then there is someone who is either getting out of the hobby (or needs money) so they sell what they have, and that can range from either a completed droid or a set of parts that are sometimes indeed a complete "kit". And sometimes they can be had for a song. I remember one guy sold a dome, frame, skins, legs and lots of details for like $1200... all aluminum. :google Anyway, if you're interested in building one I'll be happy to share any info, pointers, etc. Just expect to be either patient (acquiring individual parts and/or scratch-building) or lucky (landing one of the deals when someone decides to sell all their stuff). In the end, though, you'll most likely have an R2 (including the R/C ones) that is both more accurate and cheaper than Sideshow's. ;)

It's actually an extremely fun (and sometimes rewarding) hobby, though. :duff

Last edited:
Man, I've always wanted a lifesize R2. Too rich for my blood right now. Maybe someday though..

-Joe

Back