Star Wars: High Republic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a source for her contract being extended?

I thought I seen an extension article earlier this year or late last year and sent it to a friend. Can't find one, so probably was an old article that stated the 3yr extension from 2018. That's what I get for not citing!

Her reign of terror could end this October. For the righteousness of the Force, please remove her dumb a$$.

Edit:

Might've been the quote from Disney's Annual Shareholder meeting in March.

https://collider.com/is-kathleen-kennedy-being-replaced-lucasfilm-reason-why/

“We’ve been absolutely thrilled that we can have the kind of talent like Kathy Kennedy to direct Lucasfilm… We look forward to having Kathleen Kennedy running the Lucasfilm organization for many years to come.”

Just words of course and nothing on paper.

STAR WARS: RANGERS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC Disney+ Series Is No Longer In Active Development

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/st...iloni-lucasfilm-creative-director-1234978130/

Kind of a drop in mention, but it is Variety.

Wow. Couldn't even find a replacement character. Or characters. Ol' Kennedy sure knows how to drive the ship.

They never should have fired Gina. Or at least they should have fired Pedro too.

According to youtubers Midnight's Edge Kathleen is no longer driving the ship and is on leave until her contract expires and Bob Chapek has played 4d holochess to remove her from her post in such a manner so as to allow her to save face and keep him free from the taint of 'removing the most powerful woman in hollywood'.

Link below, i will believe it when i see but they do make a fairly well thought out argument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZzFwYUTXs

God I hope this is real. KK is a disgrace to Star Wars.

I'm torn. It's set 200 years before the Star Wars films but there's a Trade Federation Battleship half way through, protocol droids look just like bare bones 3PO and the Jedi Council chamber is exactly the same. Has everything in the SW universe peaked technologically?

LOL! That was weird. Going for the African Star Wars vibe. Star Wars Apocalypto. :lol:dunno
Apocalypto was MesoAmerican though. And it was a glorious film. They could only dream of making something as cool.

OblongFewHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif

Mel Gibson Star Wars never ever...

I'm torn. It's set 200 years before the Star Wars films but there's a Trade Federation Battleship half way through, protocol droids look just like bare bones 3PO and the Jedi Council chamber is exactly the same. Has everything in the SW universe peaked technologically?
Not much changed between Old Republic and the movie eras and that was what, 4000 years instead of 400?

Exactly. Kinda makes all this, mYsTIcAl AnCIenT sTAr WaRs stuff a bit pointless. Might as well be set 10 years before the prequels. If things are going to be set hundreds or thousands of years before the movies at least make it look like it is.

I never played any of the Old Republic games so have no in-depth knowledge of what happened but if I were doing a SW story set 4000 in the past, I'd set it around the very first Jedi that discovered the force.

I never played any of the Old Republic games so have no in-depth knowledge of what happened but if I were doing a SW story set 4000 in the past, I'd set it around the very first Jedi that discovered the force.
During the Old Republic there were a lot of Sith, not just two, way before the Rule of Two was established. Big war between Sith and Jedi, then the Sith Order collapses around 1,000 years before the movies.

In Legends you had to go back to 25,000BBY to even get to the invention of lightsabers.

Trade Federation has also been around since 350BBY so not all that surprising for them to appear.

Lightsabers are a 25,000 year old technology? LMFAO. See, for me I can't get into that. What is the point of setting it so far away if there's no change since? Those are big numbers for big numbers sake. I'll stick with my old man OT :lol

Lightsabers are a 25,000 year old technology? LMFAO. See, for me I can't get into that. What is the point of setting it so far away if there's no change since? Those are big numbers for big numbers sake. I'll stick with my old man OT :lol
In Legends, but I guess every civilisation reaches its peak eventually, especially when on such a massive galactic scale.

Man it's so strange to see SW video games with better visuals than the PT.

But it's also strange to see new SW footage and feel absolutely *nothing* for it knowing that it's completely disconnected from George Lucas entirely. Might as well be just another fan film.

But it's also strange to see new SW footage and feel absolutely *nothing* for it knowing that it's completely disconnected from George Lucas entirely. Might as well be just another fan film.

Favreau and Filoni might be the only "real" Star Wars fans left at Lucasfilm. That likely is an exaggeration of course, but that is what it feels like.

So much damage has been done it has been hard to enjoy anything since the Disney purchase. Toss material aside then damage the legacy characters for an obvious gender/race agenda has really been sad. I sold most of my SW stuff. If it wasn't for Mando, I don't think I would be involved in anything SW. I wasn't till I finally gave Mando a watch this year.

So much damage has been done it has been hard to enjoy anything since the Disney purchase. Toss material aside then damage the legacy characters for an obvious gender/race agenda has really been sad. I sold most of my SW stuff. If it wasn't for Mando, I don't think I would be involved in anything SW. I wasn't till I finally gave Mando a watch this year.
I see this sentiment expressed quite a bit and I find it very funny especially in light of Ghostbusters: Afterlife that had so many people saying "THIS is how you make a loving tribute to a beloved franchise, I'm gonna buy MORE Ghostbusters merch now" when both the ST and GBA told literally the exact same story. :lol

The difference? KK wore a t-shirt that people didn't like...

LOL at that Bib Kennedy sig pic LOL
I rarely use this site on my desktop so I don't get to see these things on mobile

Back