Star Wars Hasbro Black Series 1/6th Helmets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking they may be a hot toys conversion part may have been optimistic, titanium series has always been toys as opposed to adult collectables.

Maybe, but from what I can tell the FO helmets are pretty close in appearance. If it doesn't work out I can still pick up the HT helmets.

You would be a better judge than me as you've got them in hand.

I only saw them in the blister packs at a show and the vendor wanted £25!

Good fortune with the project though.

:horror
For the whole set or just a 2 pack?

I would love to see a side by side comparison of the FO helmets but nobody seems to have both versions in hand.

The Hot Toys bodies arrived. Here is a quick pic with the Black Series helmets. I think they work fine together but curious to hear other opinions. Will try to take some more pics later.

Oh, and yes, Kylo gets a new saber in episode VIII. You heard it here first.

That looks pretty good, Subdomain. Does the white match well and were you able to save some cash that route? Does Ren have the HT helmet?

The white matches up very well. My biggest concern was that the helmet might be too small. I don't have the HT helmet so I can't compare but I think this one is close enough in size. I bought the HT FO armors for $109 ea. shipped, so yes I saved some money. I also picked up 2 hasbro blasters for $5 each. Gonna add metal or magnets so they can attach to the sides of the Stormtroopers. So each trooper comes out to $121.50.

That's the HT Kylo helmet. I may pick up the other set but mostly for the Poe helmet. I think I will most likely keep Kylo stock but we'll see.

Oh I was just messing around since I gave him the wrong saber. I can't see him just getting a standard looking saber. I imagine it will be a different color or a new design we've never seen before.

Well that looks pretty seamless to me, so nice work. I don't think I would have guessed they were the black series helmets and that's a great deal too--two for a bit more than the price of one. :clap

The one knock I had on the Hot Toys helmet was that it was plastic. These are titanium, correct?

Subdomain, what did you do to get the helmet to fit on the Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper bodies? They look pretty great.

I believe the helmet part is die cast but I think the front is plastic.

I took out the neck post and used some furniture pad strips (Walmart). Just temporary until I can find the right solution to use the HT neck joint.

I picked up a neck joint on eBay for $7.50 to try and convert a Ren helmet. I'll post a pic or two, I think the parts will arrive later this week.

So here's a quick shot of Ren with the BS helmet vs the HT (top). Certain details are non existent on the BS but I think I like the size better. I'll take some better shots later tonight, in the detolf. My only issue with the HT one is that I think it's a wee bit underscaled.

I would have to add some kind of mesh for the visor to make it passable since that's pretty glaring.

4e0eabd9e58fd07a298b1ac0cca3c908.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. Did you put hardware in the helmet to make it work with the ball joint?

I don't know if I could sell off my HT Kylo helmet though... It's very nicely done.

It is amazing how close these helmets are for a fraction of the price. It confirms the feeling that the price for HT is not always justified. It seems like only a matter of time before HT gets some serious competition in the 1/6 market. The main factor is that companies are now sharing their 3D computer models with toy companies.
Human characters are another story but face printing technology is also advancing at a rapid rate.

Last edited:
Yeah, I won't sell my HT Kylo helmet. It's a thing of beauty.

DSC_0149.jpg

The BS doesn't have that grill detailing as far as I can tell. But I'm just looking at this Ren helmet as a fun project since the scale is so close and it really does look pretty well done. From 3 feet away it's hard to see much difference so if I can make some small improvements maybe it'll be more displayable.

My plan is to try and add some mesh for the visor or something comparable. I picked up a neck peg on eBay but it's very soft and grippy. So it's hard to articulate and will require a really strong bond between it and the helmet to work on the neck peg. Maybe I can just submerge it in hot glue.

The pics I took before it was just sitting on the neck collar.

Last edited:
Looks good enough to order. Got all four with free shipping for just over $30 from Target.com. I am most interested in the X-wing pilot helmet, wish it was the black one from the later battle but going for it anyways.

Back