Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it isn't locked in stone but anybody who thinks they are paying under 6k for a lifesize fully licensed Han in Carbonite with lighted up side panels is crazy.

No, the people who pay $6k or more for it are the ones who are crazy. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you can get one made cheaper with much greater accuracy if you know where to look.

No, the people who pay $6k or more for it are the ones who are crazy. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you can get one made cheaper with much greater accuracy if you know where to look.

:goodpost:

I think 5K is going to be my upper limit for an SSC HiC.

Let's not pretend a light up feature warrants an additional 2k in pricetag LOL. We are still pretend lighting, especially LEDs are expensive and the reality is you can now get LED keychain flashlights that are powerful for $2.99 at gas stations that run on 1 or 2 AA batteries.. It's still just a slab of material with some lights...again, I feel anything above 3500 is completely unwarranted. Now if the Han part glows red like the smaller one, we can discuss added value afterward.

Im not saying that because I want one and can't afford it. If it was a 7k piece that felt like the pricetag justified it, I'd own it. Like with the 3PO. I feel that what you are getting for $5800 is $5800 worth of raw material, labor, paint, etc. It's a much more intense piece craftsmanship wise.

Like the poster above said there are guys doing these on the RPF that look beautiful, theres a guy on TDH who is casting the front panel (Han) in a thick rubber that can be rolled up for less than $1k. Others sell kits for the panels, ACCURRATE panels with LED's, you can darn near buy a kit to make an unlicesned one for less than $2k.

The majority of the gripes over the alleged price tag are justified IMO.

This may be my 1st Life Size figure, depending on price. Over 6K I'm probably out. Gotta see all the details.

Not long ago a guy on another forum sold original Volvo dashboards which were used for the screen used HIC. If I was interested in having a HIC in my collection then a prop replica way with original parts would be THE WAY.

This IS my holy grail -that I do not own. I'm in for this if it comes in at 5k or under. I'm hoping for 4k -I'm on a wedding budget.

I'm anxious to see the price as well.

Also curious to see if they patterned the lights. That would be pretty sweet!

Now we have the finished, electronic version shown at SDCC.
The questions is... do they have a price on it?

Yeah they do!

Looks like the lights just might be in sequence, too, but I haven't found a vid with the entire thing yet.

Has anyone asked them a price or when it might be for sale?

I plan on buying both this and Fett but really want more details. Can someone take a video of both of them with the lights on both bases?

It's a shame that they appear to have used a fan produced casting of the Han Solo part which had been cut into separate, smaller parts for ease of shipping. I can see the "join" line which runs horizontally across the part where Han's shoulders would be. There's a lot of recessed "Carbonite detail" that has been lost where the separate parts were stuck back together and then rubbed down. I had a fan made casting here in the UK which looked exactly the same as this (where the detail was lost due to the parts being stuck together).

The Illusive Originals version was better because they didn't cut the Han section into parts so the detail was maintainted properly.

It doesn't appear that the sides of the box have the correct tapered shapes either.

Here's a photo montage which shows the original prop, Sideshow's replica and the fan made replica that I had. Note the smooth detail occurs in the same place on the Sideshow version.

Han-Carbonite-Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
interesting stuff.

I can forgive some of the details if it has the proper light up effect.

price will be the deciding factor for me. Just way too many other things to order...

I'm a bit disappointing that aside from an updated product, NO pricing information or time frame has been asked about. I want to know how long I have to save.

Up for pre order April 10th. One week from today. Hide your kids and your wallet.

Back