Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$7,000 is ridiculous. Its basically a Box with Lights. Han is probably a rolled up rubber poster. Who ever buys this really need to see a shrink.

$7K isn't the same to everyone...

Regardless, I will likely be passing.

Salacious Crumb does seem like an incredible bargain in hindsight (and I doubt we'll see anything that cheap in the life size line again). But he's not really comparable to this. A better point of comparison is the droids, but Han still over $1000 more than C-3PO was, and 3PO seemed more complex. Of course it's been several years since then.

Discussion of specific price points aside, as someone who once owned the life size C-3PO I can't really recommend these pieces. Obviously I don't know for sure what the quality will be like on the newer ones, but there were a fair number of problems with the droids, and they were fragile. But even without any quality issues, I found that dropping that much cash on one piece was a mistake, at least for me.

Wow. That's $1000 more than their lifesize C-3PO and r2-d2! I knew it would be a lot, but I certainly did not expect it to be more than those, which are way more complicated. That's unfortunate, as I was intending on getting this even though I already have the illusive concepts one. Oh well, one is enough, I guess.

I also got in on one of those Crumbs years ago when they were first offered. At $300 it was a no brainer. The costs on these life size pieces now are pretty horrendous. They certainly aren't for the light of wallet. Even under payment plans some of these pieces are so hard to manage.

I remember at C4 when they showed the Speeder Bike premium format and I didn't know how I was gonna make $800 happen, but managed to swing the payments and got that to my door, but I've never paid more than that for a PF or any statue in my life. They keep managing to creep those prices up further and further.

The only way Sideshow will respond to people is if they speak with their wallets, or lack thereof. I'm sure they'll move those carbonite pieces and there'll probably be a low 200 piece run, maybe lower. I don't know how many pieces are typically made in those large life-size runs. At $7000 a pop that's a lot of potential inventory sitting in the warehouse if they don't move them quick. There's people with deep pockets out there and i'm sure they'll sell through.

this, or the illusive concepts version and a new $5000 tv.

I have zero chance of getting vader or fett. At least I was able to score a life size ESB yoda locally for $300.

That is an insane price! A more accurate HIC could easily be made for less than 1K. With real cast Volvo side panels working lights etc. The paint isn't even difficult it can be achieved with a rattle can and black wash. Vader and Fett could be made for waaay less than what they are gonna ask... And will look better with more accurate parts. Wow... That's crazy.

A buddy of mine pointed out earlier that the SS 1:1 Terminator Endoskeleton was only $6k when they offered it so how can they possibly ask $7k for HIC? They have clearly lost touch with their customer base.

I'm guessing the price will be somewhere in the $9-10k range for Vader and Fett which means SS doesn't want to sell a lot of life-size statues because at those prices the smart collector will just put together their own. That's what I'm doing with Vader and I guarantee it will be more accurate than the one they put out.

Actually you can still buy the endoskeleton for that price.

Wow, that makes the pricing of HIC that much more of a surprise. Hasn't anyone at Sideshow ever heard of the RPF and all the people doing custom HICs for a fraction of their asking price? I know they're banking on a bunch of super-rich collectors to just throw money around without thinking a thing of it, but people like that don't grow on trees and I'm pretty sure only a small fraction of them are into 1:1 SW collectibles.

I really think this is cool and of course I have no money for this what so ever. I can only dream but I do agree the price is waaayyyyyy too high on this. $5k would of been the right price.

A buddy of mine pointed out earlier that the SS 1:1 Terminator Endoskeleton was only $6k when they offered it so how can they possibly ask $7k for HIC? They have clearly lost touch with their customer base.

tumblr_mf96k1qw321qgm8ybo6_r1_500.gif

Back