Star Wars Han Solo in Carbonite Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that ends up being the price, the flex payments would be something like $800 a month! Did they flex option for 3PO 1:1?

For the lifesize droids it was 5 payments of 1K each, can't remember what shipping was.

Hmmm... I can't find any new pictures of this from today. I was hoping that it would be out on the floor, with all of the bells and whistles going (if there were any electronics).

Everyone is just entranced by the 1:2 offerings instead... and I'm not sure if I can take another Joker photo (even though the statue looks great).

Here is a shot of the piece from Sideshow's site...

LifeSizedCarbonite.jpg

I believe it's suppose to be about 6' 5" altogether... i know it's prototype so i will hold back my thoughts on the panels and other details... looks much better than the Illusive Concepts one... but not nearly as good as some customs i have seen.

M.

:lol

I wish I would have been wrong with the price, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. We've seen +30% price increases across the board on the new SW items (and most other new SSC items as well). :(

Holy crap! $7500?

I hope that's wrong.

Even if the sides lighted and the Han glowed red that would still be overpriced.

That's messed up. It's essentially just a box with some molding on it. The droids were less than that a piece and they were much more complex than this slab.

If it really costs that much then they can go F themselves and I'll get a custom one from somewhere.

Agreed, if 7500 is the price, that's just gouging, or that's Lucasfilm charging a lot for their percentage...or maybe both.
Like the poster above said, it's essentially the same size as say, the 3PO but way less complicated parts and less the vacuum metalizing.

That's approaching the price of a used car or motorcycle.
Hopefully that person misunderstood, but I would doubt it. IMO this sucker falls in the 3.5-5k range TOPS.

They'll sell about 4 of those if it's priced at $7500. There are replica HIC props being made all the time, most with far greater attention to detail and quality, for a fraction of that price. SS has clearly lost their minds if they think this thing will sell for that much.

Correction, you CAN buy a used car that works for 7k. Being that it has a million times complex parts than a Carbonite Han, the Han should cost a lot less. But I doubt it.

The original Carbonite Han from Illusive Concepts retailed for $1,200.

They'll sell about 4 of those if it's priced at $7500. There are replica HIC props being made all the time, most with far greater attention to detail and quality, for a fraction of that price. SS has clearly lost their minds if they think this thing will sell for that much.

Exactly. just look on RPF for Han in Carbonite fan made items and you'll see great ones made very accurately

Considering they said it out loud to the guy, I don't think there's much room for error. But it did seem like a ballpark price and not something set it stone. Still, it sounds like this is going to be majorly expensive and not cheaper than the other life-sized figures as many had hoped.

The T800 version 2.0 was 7500 at the last Con and released at 6k.

So it isn't locked in stone but anybody who thinks they are paying under 6k for a lifesize fully licensed Han in Carbonite with lighted up side panels is crazy.

Back