Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I made $1 million+ a year (and I'm sure there are a fair number of Star Wars fans who do), I probably would get this. Like the bronze statues and whatnot, they're just targeting a higher income bracket, I guess.

I wouldn't buy it at that price if I even made $4million a year. I know a rip-off when I see it. Those pages aren't even worth half that.

Maybe, but my point is that when you make that much money, your whole conception of its value changes. Some people wouldn't blink an eye at spending a couple thousand dollars for a hotel room for one night, for example.

Not that I'm defending this product, really. I just think that most of us here are clearly not who it's aimed at.

call it a hunch, but i have a feeling that edition size is just a "tad" too big for the pricepoint. :lol

That is going to be Sideshow's bust of the year...and it will be on a Legendary Scale.:rotfl:rotfl

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

This is one product that is surely NOT flippable. :lol

OH and about the 210lbs thing. Who in their right mind is going to deliver this ^^^^ing thing to your door?

For 4 gees you could buy the Master Replicas Millenium Falcon and all the Premium Format Star Wars statues to date, and still have change. I know what I'd rather get. The price for this is just insane, and I'ts a kick in the ass for most Star Wars collectors.:banghead

You can put the change into an acrylic cover for the Falcon, and still have some left.

How much do you reckon buying all the Star Wars PFs to date would cost?

I have bought them all, although I no longer have them all after selling a few. So I have probably spent as much money as the book is selling for on the ten PFs released so far--but that has been spread out over the course of three years. I couldn't have managed to spend that money in one big chunk on a single item, and I definitely wouldn't trade all my PFs for the Frames box.

When I first saw the Frames thing announced I was genuinely confused. I was confused at the price point, I was confused at what the product was. I just didn't get it. While I wouldn't spend that much money on something like this, I definitely think I'm able to see value in things. I just can't see the value in this, I see value in bronzes, I see value in life sized C-3PO and Endoskeletons, etc... but a reprint of some pictures is not worth it in the least in my opinion. I'm very interested to see how this sells, because I think there are much more compelling collectibles (even sold by Sideshow, not only to mention other companies) at this price point for Star Wars collectors.

Viewing this at SDCC I was not that impressed for this item at first until I looked at it closer, but I would not pay the $4000- $5000 asking price unless there was a more affordable way to purchase this like how they did with the LOTR medallion years back.

Would you buy this if you could buy one book at a time over the course of a few years?

Count me in if that happens, until then ill just enjoy the pictures of this Frames set.
:chew
On the edition size, it represents George's THX 1138 film, for those who wondered such an odd number.

I'd probably buy this if it didn't have a signature and fancy box and ran about $100-$150 per book.

Would you buy this if you could buy one book at a time over the course of a few years?
No, not even then.

But I do like the idea of the set. The maximum I'd spend on it though would be $500. And that would be a hard sell.

I love it. First run to 250 is still not sold. How many weeks has it been?

Hope to see this in the first ever Sideshow clearance section at 90% off. ;)

Back