Star Wars figures deserve multiple face sculpts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen the Han headsculpt in person? It seems that in pictures he looks weird, but when people see the figure in person they like him a lot. I'm optimistically awaiting his arrival with fingers crossed that he looks awesome in person.

Here's to keeping hope alive :duff

And even though Luke's head isn't an easily swappable one, if you have a hair dryer you'd be in business with a second head. But Sideshow probably won't want to deal with all the bellyachers who rip off the head and damage it :lol

pjam said:
Let me just say this, PLEASE let Andy B do the next Han HS. Cool? :cool:
I am all for that. :D

Galactiboy said:
Have you seen the Han headsculpt in person? It seems that in pictures he looks weird, but when people see the figure in person they like him a lot. I'm optimistically awaiting his arrival with fingers crossed that he looks awesome in person.

I thought the pics coming from (I think) Jedidefender.com of SDCC Han looked pretty good actually

galactiboy said:

Sorry Bro, I haven't heard that at all... in fact some @ SDCC said Han looks fat (cheeks) and drunk, and let's not forget the axe-in-the-head cartoony hair part...

This character needs a new HS more than any other SW character...

Hmm... sad to hear that. I think the first defender of the figure was Dave from RS who said it looked great in person, and his pictures looked real nice (DarkArtist's avatar is one I think). I guess we'll all find out pretty soon, so like I said here's to keeping hope alive :duff

galactiboy said:
Hmm... sad to hear that. I think the first defender of the figure was Dave from RS who said it looked great in person, and his pictures looked real nice (DarkArtist's avatar is one I think). I guess we'll all find out pretty soon, so like I said here's to keeping hope alive :duff

I do too my man, Han's one of my faves if not my fave, the sculpt is definitely off, just hope it looks less mulderized in person and remember SSC painted the hell out of that Han for display.

JustinLuck said:
I posted this in another thread, but I think the topic needs attention by itself.

I really despise re-issues of previous figures because they re-use the same damn face sculpt. Examples include Mulder, Scully, numerous James Bond figures, etc....
There are two head sculpts Roger Moore headsculpts and two Sean Connery headsculpts, Thunderball might be different, I can't tell with the facemask on and I'm not bothering to climb up and take him down to look. As for the Brosnan from what I hear Pierce was being a bit of a diva and finicky about how the sculpt looks. As someone said in a different thread, if that's the case, would you ump through hopps to do a different sculpt when the first is damned near perfect? Same goes for the other Bonds too, I'd be more mad to have these new legacy Bonds come out with a new headsculpt risking one that doesn't look as good. To indulge in a cliche, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Agent0028 said:
There are two head sculpts Roger Moore headsculpts and two Sean Connery headsculpts, Thunderball might be different, I can't tell with the facemask on and I'm not bothering to climb up and take him down to look. As for the Brosnan from what I hear Pierce was being a bit of a diva and finicky about how the sculpt looks. As someone said in a different thread, if that's the case, would you ump through hopps to do a different sculpt when the first is damned near perfect? Same goes for the other Bonds too, I'd be more mad to have these new legacy Bonds come out with a new headsculpt risking one that doesn't look as good. To indulge in a cliche, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm pretty sure Thunderball is a different sculpt and not as good as the first two (more generic IMO), so if true there have been three Connery sculpts....

galactiboy said:

Yep, that's my avi! And probably the way I will display him. He looks wonderful from that angle, at least in the pics I have seen! :D

Agent0028 said:
As for the Brosnan from what I hear Pierce was being a bit of a diva and finicky about how the sculpt looks.
I wonder how often actors take note of their likenesses in SS figures. I remember hearing that Sarah Michelle Gellar had someo opinions about one of her Buffy figures. Anyone know of other examples?

Entropy Chicken said:
Luke from each of the OT films should have a different headsculpt, natch.

But I really hope Sideshow doesn't give us an Endor Luke, at least not until everyone one else and their variant costumes are done. Maaaaybe as a Con xclusive, but another $50+ for a helmet and poncho? gimme a break.

An expansion set of poncho and helmeted Luke head would be intresting, but wouldn't really work as SS didn't design Luke's head to pop off.

As for other characters, such as Palpatine, an addtional head sculpt/expression would be nice - I wish they'd just done that for Ani/Vaderkin and threw in the other Sith head as the xclusive instead of the lame gummi Sidious.

I agree completely - I'd be happy with a new headsculpt for each movie - needed because there was so long between episodes the actors changed significantly and only so much can be done by paint.

I'd like an endor luke at some stage and I'd suspect we'd get a new head to accomodate the helmet - check out what had to happen to Van Helsing so that he could wear his hat. But I think this one is a while off as the costume is largely what we already have.

I hope Palpy has swappable heads where we see both heads in the same costume - I never understood why the Buffy Vamps don't have swappable heads - makes perfect sense to me. I don't think it would make much difference as far as sales would go (i.e. it wouldn't decrease them).

Back