STAR WARS favorite Character & Why? Favorite Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: STAR WARS favorite Character & Why? Favorite Figure?

I'm not sure I've ever had a "favorite SW character", since there are just so many equally great ones throughout the OT. But if I had to choose I guess it might be R2, since I've always been a huge robot fan and his was such a great design.

Luke Skywalker - I love his appearance and sacrifice at the end of The Last Jedi. Get triggered folks.

As a kid....the Han and Chewie love was everywhere....kids actually didn’t like Luke and his whining and complaining.....

So for the OT I was actually a fan of Luke and never understood the idea that Han was somehow more
Important.....over the years I had a theory that folks that like Han and Chewie were extroverts , and Luke attracted the introverts.

My favorite figures.....and this is the only way to judge ......The Kenner line.

Hammerhead
Greedo
Storm Trooper
Tuskin Raider.

The rest got played with but no where near like this group......

Later on....

Gammorean Guard
Royal Guard
Biker scout
4-LOM
BiB Fortuna

And that awesome Jabba Playset.

After the Kenner years , nothing could come close to how much I loved those figures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an adult, it's Darth Vader - without him, the SW universe is a little less interesting. Look at the new trilogy. Boring bad guys, IMO. And sorry Kylo, but you are the Bud Light of badguys

As a kid, Luke and Han were cool and all, but Stormtroopers and Tie Pilots or as I called them then, 'black stormtroopers' were just captivating. Especially Tie Pilots. I thought the black armor made them myterious as all heck. When Kenner released the tie fighter toy ship and had standard stormies as the pilot in the pics, I was like, "WTF?" I was 7 at that time, and already SW was serious business to me as a kid. lol. Needless to say when Kenner finally released the real Tie Pilot fig in the ESB line, I bought him first.

Last edited:

If we’re looking at just the films its a toss up between Maul, Vader or Fett. As a kid I watched ESB first on VHS and Vader scared the **** out of me! He was so menacing and Fett was just cool looking and add in Slave 1 and his cool factor with a neat ship design was complete. Seeing the Naboo duel in theater was such kick ass experience, always was bummed out that they kept cuttingto other scenes.

If we’re looking at all of Star Wars, I’d have to add Corran horn, Wedge Antilles and Revan to the list.

Fave figure is a toss up between R1 Vader, second Sideshow Maul and movie Realization maul.

Character: Solo

Figure: Solo w Jinx sculpt

413815572.jpg

Favorite character Obi Wan, favorite figure... probably Boba Fett. If we had a good quality 1/6 scale Grievous it would probably be my favorite.

Favourite character - Luke Skywalker

Favourite figure: Currently TFA Han Solo, although that may change once I get Tarkin and Jedi Luke in-hand! :)

Favourite character--Vader. As a 7 year old watching this in '77 I remember being on the edge of my seat every time he appeared.

Favourite figure--1977 Kenner 3/4 Vader. I remember bothering my mother incessantly for days to buy this ... it was $1.99 (CAD) at Simpson Sears. We had very little disposable money at the time, but she got it for me. I didn't put the toy down for days. He ended up with many of my toys being given away in my teen years. A few years back, by chance, while searching for used guitar amps, I found him and the original 16 Kenner '77/78 Mint in a 1978 OT Kenner vinyl case at a Pawn Shop. The conversation with the owner was priceless, something to do with a 'these are quite uncommon to find' my retort that a few were missing weapons--but I scored the lot for $80.00

As an adult, it's Darth Vader - without him, the SW universe is a little less interesting. Look at the new trilogy. Boring bad guys, IMO. And sorry Kylo, but you are the Bud Light of badguys

Even though I liked TFA, the opening sequence on Jakku is pretty much the only time in the ST Kylo Ren felt like a bad ass to me.

For me it's Anakin and Darth Vader...I consider them one and the same....anakin in the pt was lacking....however the clone wars show really fleshed out anakin and I consider that to be the true Anakin...and Darth Vader is a flipping fantastic villian....I imagine the hot toys anakin will be up there for favorite figures and I'm debating on getting r.o. Darth or waiting till the rotj version comes along

Obi Wan Kenobi. I just always loved the wise old Jedi and Ewan's younger version was the perfect compliment to it.

Princess Leia, without question. She's a strong, independent woman surrounded by guys, and without her the Alliance wouldn't exist. I like that they also made her vulnerable too - some people confuse that as weakness but not me; it takes courage to be vulnerable. She's a true hero who wouldn't hesitate to give her own life and wouldn't ask anyone else to do something that she wouldn't herself.

My favorite figure is my Hot Toys Princess Leia in the original white dress. I'm hoping to have the money to get the Hoth Leia soon, so that favorite figure might change.

I also like Ahsoka Tano, I hope they make a figure of her. But there's no replacing Leia!

Leia has always been my favorite. She’s so iconoclastic, balancing toughness and conviction with vulnerability and warmth. I also loved that she rocked a long flowy white dress while carrying a stormtrooper rifle. She’ll always be the ultimate rebel.

On a side note, I’m a huge Rey fan as well. I think Daisy Ridley is a wonderful actress, and I can’t wait to see where they bring her character in Episode IX.

I thought it would be fun if people want to share their favorite character and why they like that character? And also (since not all characters have figures in all scales) their favorite figure (Pics welcome). All I ask is everyone hang their blasters at the door - all are welcome here to share from any trilogy/incarnation of Star Wars.

Awesome question and so hard to answer!

I would probably have to choose Vader in the end though, his mere presence on screen was enough for me as a kid and I couldn't see how the good guys (who I loved dearly) could possibly win.
Though at times the character has been mishandled I loved what the Clone Wars did with Anakins character and how it fleshed out his inner turmoil. (As someone else points out above.)
I also loved that R1 put Vader back on the map with the Krennic scene and the finale, turning him back into an ultraviolent menacing villain you wouldn't ^%&$ with.

Its weird but I have also have such strong ties to so many of the novel based old EU characters and love so many. Thrawn, Mara, Jaina, Revan, Malgus and most of the characters from the Republic Commando books Skirata and Jusik especially. Probably due to a book being so submersive and engrossing.
The new canon hasn't done that once for me yet but that's probably more down to me than the books.

Favourite figure. . . . . . probably 1/6 General Grievous, still can't get over how well SSC did him.

Han Solo (& Chewbacca); because he was a bad-ass, didn’t tolerate fools lightly, or put up with BS. Although, in Jedi I thought he was wildly misused. I never really cared for Luke... too whiny.

Favorite figure right now has to be Tarkin. I don’t have as many as most of you, and that one is amazing to me.

Jabba! Because he is a wonderful human being.

Back