Star Wars Exibit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Whats the difference? Do they emphasize different props or what?

That one seemed to be more about the OT and it told how Lucas was influenced by myths and other types of stories and characters when he created Star Wars. I still have the book I bought there.

0553378104.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65558607_.jpg

Ohh the funniest part was they were selling SW items in the shop. You could get Hasbro Saga figures for $17.99 Saga Vintage figures for $19.99. They also had Kotobukiya Yoda, Stormtrooper/Luke , Darth Vader, Boba Fett for $99.99 each. They had a bunch of other SW stuff but I didnt bother to look at price after I saw the Saga prices.

I was lucky enough to see the Magic of Myth at the Smithsonian eight years ago. It was amazing! Tons of original props and models used in the OT. I was in awe.

I remember the Smithsonian gift shop had the full size Han in Carbonite replica. My wife said I couldn't get it because it wouldn't fit in our luggage.

Welcome back Batty... I haven't seen you post for awhile. :wave

Judging by your pics Mark, the exhibit has expanded since I saw it. I don't recall there being any lightsabers on display in Brooklyn.

After seeing the this I am much more impressed with Master Replica Items. The full size replica lightsabers look just like those they had on display. You could have switched the Y-Wing and I would have never even known, and I think the MR AT-AT looked better then the one on display. The MR Blasters probally look better because up close you could see all kinds of funky welds and stuff, the MR items looked a lil more refined from my memory. And I want R2-D2!!!!!!!!

excellent pictures! i want them all made into replicas!

i hope the Sideshow R2 and C3 look as good.

I saw the exhibit back in October with this bit of trivia I learned: the maquette for the landspeeder uses a 70s action figure of the Bionic Man for Obi Wan. If you look real close you can see one of his bionic eyes. :D

boba flint said:
When this exibit comes to Fort Worth I'll be spending a lot of time there and taking lots of pics. :)
Make sure you go on a slow day. If you go when its busy you don't have all the time you want, it more like appointment and they limit your time. Since there was maybe 10 people the day I went I had all the time I want.

mfoga said:
Make sure you go on a slow day. If you go when its busy you don't have all the time you want, it more like appointment and they limit your time. Since there was maybe 10 people the day I went I had all the time I want.

I'm sure I'll be there on plenty of slow days. The Kimbal Museum is about 15 minutes from me. I guarantee I'll drop by the exibit several times.:)

Back