Star Wars: Episode IX - What should Rey's origin be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should Rey's origin be?

• She really is a nobody

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • She's a Skywalker

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • She's a Solo

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • She's a Kenobi

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • She's a creation of Snoke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She's a creation of Plagueis

• She's a creation of Snoke, who is Plagueis

• I've stopped caring

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I never cared

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
I'm an Occam's Razor kind of guy, so I'm guessing we'll find out that Luke was indeed her father, and she was the result of a brief fling he had with Keri Russell's character Zorri Bliss. Keri's in her mid 40s now, so she's old enough that it's believable. Keri & JJ go all the way back to Felicity together, so I could see him giving her a much more significant role than some scoundrel that used to run with Poe. I think that back story is a smoke screen.

I'm guessing we'll find out Palpy is her grandfather from a fling he had with the lady who used to clean his throne room. I mean he's old enough that's it's believable and he's certainly a scoundrel.

It'll be a bit like Arnie's illegitimate son - it harkens back to his glory days and started as an embarrassing accident, but he wants his offspring to follow in his footsteps, and they do reciprocate, at least for a while (that's evil Rey.) Just like Arnie's illegitimate son, Rey will flex her force lightning muscles like grandpappy.

Sorry, on second thought, this whole idea reads crazy.:lol

Way back I had this theory at the end of TFA that Luke was standing over the headstone of a grave when Rey meets him (the pic seriously looks like he is.)

I postulated that Luke was mourning a dead wife, who gave birth to Rey, and was killed because she was Lukes Wife.

As a response, Luke gave his young daughter away to someone else to hide , so that no one would find her, and even he would never know where she ended up. (Like he was once hidden, but with no possibility of being discovered)

But the ?Force? intervenes , and guides Rey back to him, so they can end the war between the Sith and Jedi forever.

That is why he looks so sad when he first see Rey.....he knows its his daughter, seeing he coming through the force, and when her arrives he is in despair knowing she is now in danger.

It can still work, you just have to make Luke out to be deceiving his own flesh and blood to save her.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Way back I had this theory at the end of TFA that Luke was standing over the headstone of a grave when Rey meets him (the pic seriously looks like he is.)

I postulated that Luke was mourning a dead wife, who gave birth to Rey, and was killed because she was Lukes Wife.

As a response, Luke gave his young daughter away to someone else to hide , so that no one would find her, and even he would never know where she ended up. (Like he was once hidden, but with no possibility of being discovered)

But the ?Force? intervenes , and guides Rey back to him, so they can end the war between the Sith and Jedi forever.

That is why he looks so sad when he first see Rey.....he knows its his daughter, seeing he coming through the force, and when her arrives he is in despair knowing she is now in danger.

It can still work, you just have to make Luke out to be deceiving his own flesh and blood to save her.

That's sounds far better than what we'll undoubtedly get. The whole hiding the kid schtick is definitely very star warsy

I still believe Rey to be a Palpatine.

Rey Palpatine sounds like someone's driver in Good Fellas. "Yo, I ever tell you 'bout Ray Palpatine? Best in the business."

Yeah, that Xipotec theory is more along the lines I was originally envisioning. Still believe Rey to be a Skywalker.

That would have worked, if only Luke didn't ask her "Who are you?" when it was clear in TLJ that she had latent Force abilities. It's next to impossible to walk that back. But then even my Keri Russell fling theory would be tough for some to believe given Luke's abilities. If he could sense Leia was his sister before he was a full fledged Jedi, he should have been able to sense when his own daughter was standing in front of him - even if he didn't know he had one.

That would have worked, if only Luke didn't ask her "Who are you?" when it was clear in TLJ that she had latent Force abilities. It's next to impossible to walk that back. But then even my Keri Russell fling theory would be tough for some to believe given Luke's abilities. If he could sense Leia was his sister before he was a full fledged Jedi, he should have been able to sense when his own daughter was standing in front of him - even if he didn't know he had one.

Oh yea you can walk that back....

Who are you, as in what do you stand for?

Hell they walked back ?You father , who was a pupil of .......? etc etc...

Unless he was still cut off from the force, remember he didn't know Han was dead. Or he knew she was his daughter and he didn't want her to go down the path of the Jedi, hence his apprehension at training her.

Is snikt's theory still on the table?

4LUHDJm.gif

We're still flying half a theory.

2icm8r.jpg

Is snikt's theory still on the table?

Refresh my memory - what was Snikt's theory again?

4LUHDJm.gif

We're still flying half a theory.

From that angle, if not for Rey intercepting the lightsaber it looks like Kyo was about to cut himself in two as well. I hadn't noticed before how bad that looks. :slap

Refresh my memory - what was Snikt's theory again?

From that angle, if not for Rey intercepting the lightsaber it looks like Kyo was about to cut himself in two as well. I hadn't noticed before how bad that looks. :slap

The whole force vampire thing and rey was reincarnated bride of snoke or something **** like that.

Back