Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

So a clone created from Luke's right hand is female. That makes so much sense.

I didn’t say it would make sense....just it would please people...

Cause then they would feel the “Mary Sue” explanation would be believable .....

Cause her power came from the mighty Skywalker blood...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

Okay, so KK said the main Star Wars saga was about three generations of Skywalkers, but Rey, the main character of the ST, turns out to be a nobody.

Not sure I follow.... Isn't Ben a Skywalker? So he is the 3rd generation.

Ankain -> Luke & Leia -> Ben.

Isn't the crap ST about the struggle between Kylo & Rey? Everyone else is either already dead (Han, Luke, Leia (somehow in or before EP9) & the hero purple hair) or inconsequential (Chewie, Poe, Finn & Rose).

And thus will end the Skywalker blood line when the almighty Force Goddess Rey Nobody defeats the evil & misguided Kylo Ren (Ben Skywalker-Solo-Organa). And this time the Empire/First Order will NEVER return, because Rey will make it so. She will decimate every last First Order loyalist in the galaxy and be hailed as the Mother of all till the end of time. Peace will Reign Supreme forever.

Although I would love to see Kylo kill Rey, but that's not about to happen.
"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"... Dark Helmet, the one true Sith.

Johnson's trilogy can be about the Porg's and their great migration across the Galaxy. Or maybe about the poor horse creatures plight of servitude..

Not sure I follow.... Isn't Ben a Skywalker? So he is the 3rd generation.

Ankain -> Luke & Leia -> Ben.

Yes, but Rey has so far been the main protagonist of the ST (even if Ben is more popular).

But as you say I guess Ben will be redeemed or destroyed by Rey (and JJ will have to decide whether to make her a somebody after all).

Maybe because your posts are micro-aggresive? :dunno I mean no offence, but you do come off as one of those posters who truly rants.

Mine at least are jests and this is coming from someone who argues about TLJ with Khev and Jye.

Course Snoopy did delete my Rushmore post. Oh man :lol

I'm flattered you took the time and energy to make it, your time might have been better spent masturbating or something. Would have had the same end result.

Intelligent observations about TLJ story structure in relation to SW... Its not slamming the movie just making some interesting points.

Again this is not just going over all the other problems everyone keeps complaining about (myself included :lol )

Intelligent observations about TLJ story structure in relation to SW... Its not slamming the movie just making some interesting points.

Again this is not just going over all the other problems everyone keeps complaining about (myself included :lol )

2 things...

1)i dont think i have ever hated a director as much as ruin Johnson..... ever... not even michael bay, no one has been this incompetent

2) i will never understand how jye and khev can defend what they talk about in the vid... the monumental problems in that movie...
the huge problem with this movie... the awfulness of what the video speaks about. the more i think about it the more sick it feels

excellent video
i predict it will get deleted soon

Sorry to disappoint but I’m actually still excited for IX. :lol

This trilogy has been touched by Luke, Leia and Han i’m not turning my back on it.

I can easily decide to be grumpy about it but I would rather focus on what I like which are Luke, Leia and Han plus the space and lightsaber battles.

When their arcs are done i’ll gracefully bow out.

Hell I had to tolerate the PT WITHOUT the presence of Luke, Leia and Han so the very least I can do is not abandon a trilogy WITH Luke, Leia and Han like duh no brainer.

It’s ok crows I don’t expect the likes of you, spazz, otomofan, snikt or adolfo to ever understand lol

Last edited:

Always good to see a Wisecrack video that's not about freaking Rick and Morty.

It raises very interesting points yet the problems with TLJ remain in its execution, if any of you are familiar with the animated show The Legend Of Korra it has everything the ST wanted to add but with an actual good execution: destruction of the old ways, heroes who descend from nobodies and a strong female protagonist who is actually fleshed out and despite being the chosen one isn't just magically almighty.

IX could still make TLJ retroactively acceptable if it subverts what's expected and goes by the premise of the video and has Kylo Ren actually win to destroy the old establishment. Still, as for now it remains the worst SW movie to date.

IX could still make TLJ retroactively acceptable....

tenor.gif

Always good to see a Wisecrack video that's not about freaking Rick and Morty.

It raises very interesting points yet the problems with TLJ remain in its execution, if any of you are familiar with the animated show The Legend Of Korra it has everything the ST wanted to add but with an actual good execution: destruction of the old ways, heroes who descend from nobodies and a strong female protagonist who is actually fleshed out and despite being the chosen one isn't just magically almighty.

IX could still make TLJ retroactively acceptable if it subverts what's expected and goes by the premise of the video and has Kylo Ren actually win to destroy the old establishment. Still, as for now it remains the worst SW movie to date.

But Legend of Korra is garbage though. And she's the definition of a Mary Sue. She's not interesting at all and is an annoying brat. The OG Avatar was a great show and an understandably tough act to follow, but Legend of Korra just doesn't do it for me at all. I'd say it's equally just as garbage as The Last Jedi.

2 things...

1)i dont think i have ever hated a director as much as ruin Johnson..... ever... not even michael bay, no one has been this incompetent

2) i will never understand how jye and khev can defend what they talk about in the vid... the monumental problems in that movie...
the huge problem with this movie... the awfulness of what the video speaks about. the more i think about it the more sick it feels

excellent video
i predict it will get deleted soon

I thought it was a good video. I thought it put up a good argument against what Johnson was trying to do and again proved that the whole film was a road to nowhere.

But there are parts of it that I like.. I can find some enjoyment out of it and will try to make those parts my focus upon future viewings. I still think its a lot better then TFA...

But Legend of Korra is garbage though. And she's the definition of a Mary Sue. She's not interesting at all and is an annoying brat. The OG Avatar was a great show and an understandably tough act to follow, but Legend of Korra just doesn't do it for me at all. I'd say it's equally just as garbage as The Last Jedi.

Well you obviously don't like it and that's fine, however the fact that you call a Korra a Mary Sue tells me that you didn't bother to watch the show. Aang is more of a Mary Sue who learnt nothing and won in the end thanks to some Deus Ex Machina because he wanted to remain a pacifist pansy (Kinda like Luke in TLJ :lol), Korra's journey is much more compelling since she makes sacrifices and her skills take more than one episode to develop unlike Aang's.

I like ATLA a little more than TLOA however Aang was always the weakest character of his own show, I still like Korra as a character better and always will.

Don't blame me for being optimistic! If TLJ is a stepping stone for Kylo Ren to butcher the whole resistance (all five of them) then it might be worth it, 2017 was an awful year for some of my most beloved stories, can't decide which one I dislike the most: TLJ or GOT Season 7, I still love both series and cross my fingers that the next instalments will subvert their latest **** shows. :lol Gotta stay positive...

tenor.gif

I loved GoT season 7. My only issue with it was the sped-up nature of everything - it felt inconsistent with previous seasons in that way. People seemed to get to faraway destinations much faster than they should have etc.

Yes, that stood out like a sore thumb!

Some of my problems with S7: Jon still hasn't learned from his mistakes, Tyrion became incompetent and his feelings were more important than the cause, Daenerys spent years building an army just to barely use it, not attacking Kingslanding makes me want to bang my head against the wall because apparently burning alive Great Masters and Khals is fair game but waging war against Cersei is not. :banghead

Just want one last gutwrenching moment before all ends, damn it! :lol

Buckle your seatbelts. This week, the unthinkable occurs:

1qQ1rvd.png

With the IW bump, BP will end up earning $75-80m more than TLJ domestically... and will surpass the worldwide total of TLJ within the next day or so.

In other (sad) news, Blu-Ray sales have supposedly collapsed in 2018 - a week to week yearly comparison was hovering in the 40% drop range versus 2017. :horror Really pretty sad. DVD is down too, but not as much (as it is presumably a lower-income choice, meaning less online alternative access.)

This makes TLJ's home video release a bit hard to evaluate in terms of numbers - also, many media headlines have solely focused on Blu-Ray sales and ranking (with other releases as a percentage of #1 spot, NOT actual revenue) - and firm revenue data won't be available for another several weeks.

However, a sampling of data is starting to appear. The digital sales and also rentals figures (which is obviously only a fragment of the bigger home video picture) were somewhat surprising, with the film not dominating the top spot in the first 2-3 weeks of release (at #3/#2 and #4/#3/#7 spots respectively for the period) as expected:

FiNb4HE.png

R4KDoVB.png

It's a massive release for sure, and as the sequel to the #1 domestic film of all time - and a main line SW sequel - is sure to be a HUGE revenue generator despite the backlash, but these small indicators were sent to me by a buddy who works in home video.

The Haydakin ghost. Not even executed well. Why is he acting all ''aww shucks, so embarrassing, I killed a lot of good people and kids and oversaw the destruction of an entire populated planet, sorry guys haha'' and then he seems to break the fourth wall giving a rapist stare at the camera. Just wtf.

The Haydakin ghost. Not even executed well. Why is he acting all ''aww shucks, so embarrassing, I killed a lot of good people and kids and oversaw the destruction of an entire populated planet, sorry guys haha'' and then he seems to break the fourth wall giving a rapist stare at the camera. Just wtf.

:lol :lol

It's true, all of it.

Buckle your seatbelts. This week, the unthinkable occurs:

1qQ1rvd.png

With the IW bump, BP will end up earning $75-80m more than TLJ domestically... and will surpass the worldwide total of TLJ within the next day or so.

In other (sad) news, Blu-Ray sales have supposedly collapsed in 2018 - a week to week yearly comparison was hovering in the 40% drop range versus 2017. :horror Really pretty sad. DVD is down too, but not as much (as it is presumably a lower-income choice, meaning less online alternative access.)

This makes TLJ's home video release a bit hard to evaluate in terms of numbers - also, many media headlines have solely focused on Blu-Ray sales and ranking (with other releases as a percentage of #1 spot, NOT actual revenue) - and firm revenue data won't be available for another several weeks.

However, a sampling of data is starting to appear. The digital sales and also rentals figures (which is obviously only a fragment of the bigger home video picture) were somewhat surprising, with the film not dominating the top spot in the first 2-3 weeks of release (at #3/#2 and #4/#3/#7 spots respectively for the period) as expected:

FiNb4HE.png

R4KDoVB.png

It's a massive release for sure, and as the sequel to the #1 domestic film of all time - and a main line SW sequel - is sure to be a HUGE revenue generator despite the backlash, but these small indicators were sent to me by a buddy who works in home video.

Did you actually write out an entire analysis of TLJ vs IW? What does any of this mean to you?
Was it suppose to somehow prove , unequivocally that TLJ is a bad movie and no one in their right mind could like it?

Peoples are giving IW a 5/10 all over the place....are they just “crazy”?

IW and TLJ would make this cash regardless of the films popularity or merit. It’s the name brand that’s selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back