Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well fortunately the player playing Rey knew that when you lose your last life you can still press Continue to steal a life from your partner (Ben Solo), lol.

Something that never jived with me, why didn't rey just revive Kylo after he sacrificed himself to revive her, I mean she was the master jedi healer. If she was truly a selfless jedi, like Ben became at the end, she would have saved him right after he collapse upon realizing what he had done, and if she had to die to do it so be it (would have been better for her character arc). I don't like how she just let him die there, which is why you could argue Palpatine won- ben was the last skywalker that he wanted dead, and he did say if you strike me down I will possess you, and in the end she did strike him down albeit using his own powers against him. The problem is only a sith would allow her friend to sacrifice himself to save her but not even consider returning the favor. She literally just let him die but could have saved him again but she also knew the cost. Sith would never sacrifice themselves to save another, that's what Palpatine wanted to learn his masters secret but he killed him before he could. DP was able to cheat death by stealing the life from others, that is the sith way to sacrifice another for their own selfish ends, the jedi save life by giving up their own life force they do not consider killing an innocent or stealing their life force to save someone. She would been more heroic in my eyes had she just revived Ben afterwards and then became one with the force. It would have also been more "ironic" the daughter of palpatine sacrifices her life for a Skywalker/Solo and in doing so ends the Palpatine/sith bloodline for good. Instead we get this terrible open ended ending that really doesn't answer the question did Palpatine posses her at the end, is that why she refused to save ben. It would be within Palpatines nature do something like go back to Tatoonie and burry his old enemies sabers for good (Symbolizes that the jedi are finally dead and gone buried in history- kill the past)- then assume the skywalker name, as the ultimate **** you and put him in a position to manipulate or pull strings as skywalker imposter. The rise of Skywalker should have ended with Ben coming back from the darkside- taking his mothers and uncles sabers and then burying them symbolically as he was not able to burry them in real life. Instead KK decided to have JJ just copy Anakin's arc, where ben has to die the moment he returns to the light, then place a palpatine offspring as the new skywalker lineage. That's just crazy as **** and again it doesnt make sense, unless they were trying to tell us the bad guys won.

Something that never jived with me, why didn't rey just revive Kylo after he sacrificed himself to revive her, I mean she was the master jedi healer. If she was truly a selfless jedi, like Ben became at the end, she would have saved him right after he collapse upon realizing what he had done, and if she had to die to do it so be it (would have been better for her character arc). I don't like how she just let him die there, which is why you could argue Palpatine won- he did say if you strike me down I will basically possess you, and in the end she did strike him down using his own powers against him. Only a sith would allow her friend to sacrifice himself to save her but not even consider returning the favor. She would been more heroic in my eyes had she just revived Ben afterwards and then became one with the force. It would have also been more "ironic" the daughter of palpatine sacrifices her life for a Skywalker/Solo and in doing so ends the Palpatine/sith bloodline for good. Instead we get this terrible open ended ending that really doesn't answer the question did Palpatine posses her at the end, is that why she refused to save ben. It would be within Palpatines nature do something like go back to Tatoonie and burry his old enemies sabers for good (Symbolizes that the jedi are finally dead and gone buried in history- kill the past)- then assume the skywalker name, as the ultimate **** you and put him in a position to manipulate or pull strings as skywalker imposter. The rise of Skywalker should have ended with Ben coming back from the darkside- taking his mothers and uncles sabers and then burying them symbolically as he was not able to burry them in real life. Instead KK decided to have JJ just copy Anakin's arc, where ben has to die the moment he returns to the light, then place a palpatine offspring as the new skywalker lineage. That's just crazy as **** and again it doesnt make sense, unless they were trying to tell us the bad guys won.

I was under the impression that Rey was still alive (but just barely) so she could actually be healed/saved, whereas Ben died saving her. Remember he was already severely weakened/injured from the battle with Palps. (And did Rey actually know what Ben did for her while she was unconscious?? It's not like they discussed it.) My interpretation is that they shared the ability to heal someone, but they couldn't raise the dead. Plus one of them had to die, otherwise they'd be stuck in an infinite loop of force healing. :lol

I thought the scene conveyed that Rey was very much dead and that Ben resurrected her, thus "finishing what his grandfather started" in finally learning how to keep the ones he loved from dying.

tumblr_ppjairwO4K1qzhf3uo6_540.gifv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the scene conveyed that Rey was very much dead and that Ben resurrected her, thus "finishing what his grandfather started" in finally learning how to keep the ones he loved from dying.

When you say very much dead, do you mean all dead or just mostly dead? It makes a difference. lol

I kind of look at it similar to someone being revived with CPR after his heart has stopped. Technically dead, but revivable. Rey however was probably still too weak to return the favor and save Ben.

When you say very much dead, do you mean all dead or just mostly dead? It makes a difference. lol

I kind of look at it similar to someone being revived with CPR after his heart has stopped. Technically dead, but revivable. Rey however was probably still too weak to return the favor and save Ben.

Well she saved kylo earlier in the film after she put a lightsaber thru his chest, he was pretty much dead and or dying there. She revived him without any signs of weakness said "i wanted to take ben's hand" then proceeded to run off at full speed toward his tie fighter to go after palpatine immediately after (if the healing weakened her at all they sure the hell didn't show it). That's probably not a good reason why she couldn't save ben after he saved her. Actually it would have made more sense for her to not survive the 2nd healing because Ben had to restore her from death just a few minutes before, you could argue she spend the rest of her life force saving him which is why ben couldn't revive her again. The way they left it with her making no attempt to save him makes no sense given her supposed character arc and really does support a theory that palpatine won, she just let him die because his (Palpatine's) essence had already consumed her.

:lol :lol

I figured she was actually dead as opposed to "slightly alive." ;)

A valid interpretation especially if you think that she should have disappeared if she was truly dead. For me though I took the fact that since they went out of their way to show her skin turn "corpse grey" that it mean that she was really dead and that Ben brought her back to life. I'm fine with other interpretations though. :duff

Well she saved kylo earlier in the film after she put a lightsaber thru his chest, he was pretty much dead and or dying there. She revived him without any signs of weakness said "i wanted to take ben's hand" then proceeded to run off at full speed toward his tie fighter to go after palpatine immediately after (if the healing weakened her at all they sure the hell didn't show it).

It would have been nice if they added a quick moment of her wincing and clutching her side after healing Ben as a foreshadow of what happens when you give "too much" of your life force to heal another. I can see why they didn't though since it would have interrupted the flow of an already perfect scene IMO.

:lol :lol

I figured she was actually dead as opposed to "slightly alive." ;)

A valid interpretation especially if you think that she should have disappeared if she was truly dead. For me though I took the fact that since they went out of their way to show her skin turn "corpse grey" that it mean that she was really dead and that Ben brought her back to life. I'm fine with other interpretations though. :duff

It would have been nice if they added a quick moment of her wincing and clutching her side after healing Ben as a foreshadow of what happens when you give "too much" of your life force to heal another. I can see why they didn't though since it would have interrupted the flow of an already perfect scene IMO.

The fact that her corpse didn't disappear also support the theory that palpatine had already possessed her, sith don't disappear upon death. Kylo revived what he thought was rey, most likely thinking she would return the favor, she had already done it before. Yet she didn't even try, in fact she kissed him as if to say thanks then just let him pass away. Notice how his body disappeared but hers didn't well, she was evil at that point. JJ and KK played you all, they gave you the clues but you missed them. The next star wars series will focus on her being the bad guy, just wait and see if it ever happens, and if it doesnt I bet that was their plan. Remember a palpatine always has to be the bad guy, they cant write new characters lol

The fact that her corpse didn't disappear also support the theory that palpatine had already possessed her, sith don't disappear upon death. Kylo revived what he thought was rey, most likely thinking she would return the favor, she had already done it before. Yet she didn't even try, in fact she kissed him as if to say thanks then just let him pass away. Notice how his body disappeared but hers didn't well, she was evil at that point. JJ and KK played you all. The next star wars series will focus on her being the bad guy, just wait and see if it ever happens, but I bet that was their plan. Remember a palpatine always has to be the bad guy, they cant write new characters lol

I'd love it if the next Celebration had a surprise teaser for Episode X and at the end the title reveal is "Star Wars: The Force is Female" and then you hear KK's laugh, lol.

Well she saved kylo earlier in the film after she put a lightsaber thru his chest, he was pretty much dead and or dying there. She revived him without any signs of weakness said "i wanted to take ben's hand" then proceeded to run off at full speed toward his tie fighter to go after palpatine immediately after (if the healing weakened her at all they sure the hell didn't show it). That's probably not a good reason why she couldn't save ben after he saved her. Actually it would have made more sense for her to not survive the 2nd healing because Ben had to restore her from death just a few minutes before, you could argue she spend the rest of her life force saving him which is why ben couldn't revive her again. The way they left it with her making no attempt to save him makes no sense given her supposed character arc and really does support a theory that palpatine won, she just let him die because his (Palpatine's) essence had already consumed her.

I'm not going to pretend to know for sure how they expected us to interpret that final scene vis-a-vis the previous examples of Rey healing the snake and Kylo. I think we're to assume that both were severely weakened from the battle with Palpatine, what with him stealing a lot of their life force to reanimate himself, with Rey obviously being drained even more than Ben. So as I surmised earlier, Ben was able to jump start her battery, but he didn't give her a full charge so she was too weak to return the favor. He also disappeared pretty quickly, didn't he? Maybe Rey also sensed he was at peace and happy to be reunited with Leia, Han and Uncle Luke? (In my version Han's allowed into Force Heaven too. :lol )

I'm not going to pretend to know for sure how they expected us to interpret that final scene vis-a-vis the previous examples of Rey healing the snake and Kylo. I think we're to assume that both were severely weakened from the battle with Palpatine, what with him stealing a lot of their life force to reanimate himself, with Rey obviously being drained even more than Ben. So as I surmised earlier, Ben was able to jump start her battery, but he didn't give her a full charge so she was too weak to return the favor. He also disappeared pretty quickly, didn't he? Maybe Rey also sensed he was at peace and happy to be reunited with Leia, Han and Uncle Luke? (In my version Han's allowed into Force Heaven too. :lol )

Ditto, lol. :yess:

I thought Rey was Dead Dead. Ben Brought her back and died.. Had Rey done the same right back she would have dies.. Then they would just end up going back and forth.. Ben brings back Rey, Rey brings back Ren, Ren Brings back Rey, Rey Brings back Ben... I mean how long do you want them to keep that up :lol

I thought Rey was Dead Dead. Ben Brought her back and died.. Had Rey done the same right back she would have dies.. Then they would just end up going back and forth.. Ben brings back Rey, Rey brings back Ren, Ren Brings back Rey, Rey Brings back Ben... I mean how long do you want them to keep that up :lol

They keep sacrificing themselves and raising the other person over and over so many times that eventually they screw it up so that only his torso and her legs are brought back to life, lol.

I get that but without setting any limits on healing it made no sense. She didnt even try to heal him, as i said before it would have made more sense if she atleast tried healing him or even succeeded in healing him then she died and kylo couldnt Heal her again cause she had died (true sith death) and spent the last of her life force healing him. That would make sense cause it puts an actual limit on how force healing works in the universe; allow us to fill in the blanks. The way they left it i dont see how you can spin it any other way. She let ben die like a sith after he saved her, her body didnt disappear like jedi or ben’s did, and she still had life force left, in fact she looked very alive right (didnt seem to have any ill effects) when she popped up and planted a wet one on kylo. Kylo didnt die like rey he used his life force to heal her, why couldnt she do the same when he didnt even die the first time when palps tossed him off the ledge. He died after healing her mortal wounds, she died from mortal wounds incurred in The lightning battle with palps. So Kylo can bring back a dead sith rey body but rey the master healer who had already savesf kylo from the brink of death couldnt be bothered with trying again? What did she have to lose? The rey they showed us would have tried, but she didnt try cause that wasnt rey it was palps. So what are the rule then.. jedi can Heal revive others who died or are dying of a mortal wound but jedi cannot heal the healers of those wounds. If that was the case rey should have died after healing kylo the first time since he was mortally wounded. Its either a huge oversight plot hole (that ruins alot of the movie since it makes no sense) or rey is palpatine at the end. Id say she is sith and palps won, and baby yoda will be the next savior of the jedi order. I cant wait to see him force choke evil rey while
Mando nukes her ass from above

I'll go with 27 days because on the 28th day we all know one will develop an insatiable hunger for the other's brain, at which point we're dealing with an entirely different movie franchise. :lol Then again, Kylo/Ben might finally be scary enough for all the haters...

The answer is, Ben had to die. A character like that can only be redeemed through sacrifice. Vader could not survive ROTJ and Kylo could not survive TROS. Rey knew this because she saw the script...

Back