Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth I think that "doomcock" source is the guy who leaked the whole moronic plot of TROS which nobody believed at first either but all turned out to be true. I'm not sure I believe all this either, but if it in any way rescinds the ST then I'm all for it.

For what it's worth I think that "doomcock" source is the guy who leaked the whole moronic plot of TROS which nobody believed at first either but all turned out to be true. I'm not sure I believe all this either, but if it in any way rescinds the ST then I'm all for it.

You are correct he was the exact same source that leaked that movie months prior to its release and all of it turned out to be true. He also was the one that leaked the story about the behind the scenes filming drama between kk jj and rj. In either case we all know disney aint happy with the star wars brand, much like warner with their dceu, **** has to change. Difference is warner already did something about it, disney hasnt but we know its comming. Kk reign of terror is over. There has to be some serious **** going down or about to happen. As long as we get better star wars movies then the st i could care less if they retcon them out of GL’s skywalker cannon existence. The original stories will be better for it. If they can make replacement movies featuring MH and HF so be it. Id sign up especially if its done right, has the mando/rogue one OT vive and doesnt **** on the characters. Leia would be the only sticking point but they could show her ship being blown up at the start of the movie, have a few lines of dialog saying she was on the ship, a funeral, then use her death as a catalyst for the story arc

The ST is definitely going to be retconned. That?s a sure thing. Either that or changed drastically. It failed to hard

The ST is definitely going to be retconned. That?s a sure thing. Either that or changed drastically. It failed to hard

It's not so much that the ST story failed hard, but it was a merchandising bomb. Nothing was created that resonates with long term, or even many new fans. Yes, some characters are "liked", but none of them are memorable, and even Kylo Ren merchandise pegwarms. And few fans (when your talking in the millions) seem to want more of these characters. The recent IGN poll had only like 2 I think even break the top 20 or 25 (no one in top 10) characters across all 3 trilogies. That's the biggest failure. No moving forward with these characters. They need to either move sideways, skip even further into the future timeline, or erase the events of the ST.

And on top of it, even all the actors have said they're done with Star Wars. None of them want to revisit their characters, or have they walked away with the positive experience they thought they would. Maybe only Adam Driver, but he had a solid career before SW and will long after the dust settles on the ST ****.

I have no doubt there is alot of truth to this “rumor” mainly cause the star wars brand is dead in the water after the st. They cant even sell toys and interest in the brand is at an all time low. KK tried to “force” the force is female because she saw it as an untapped easy revenue stream that could be exploited, thinking it would be an easy way to get girls to love star wars like they did twilight and titanic but it didnt work and in doing so they alienated their major fanbase (eg men and boys). Well females still dont really care about star wars, no where close to edward or elsa, and in “killing the past” E.g male idols of past star wars lore and destroying all that they represented they drove away their core audience. All for nothing but she truly believed all men would love star wars no matter what cause they are all dumb scifi nerds that will just eat anything star wars up, a major miscalculation by kk which is why she no longer deserves to be in charge

I have no doubt there is alot of truth to this ?rumor? mainly cause the star wars brand is dead in the water after the st. They cant even sell toys and interest in the brand is at an all time low. KK tried to ?force? the force is female because she saw it as an untapped easy revenue stream that could be exploited, thinking it would be an easy way to get girls to love star wars like they did twilight and titanic but it didnt work and in doing so they alienated their major fanbase (eg men and boys). Well females still dont really care about star wars, no where close to edward or elsa, and in ?killing the past? E.g male idols of past star wars lore and destroying all that they represented they drove away their core audience. All for nothing but she truly believed all men would love star wars no matter what cause they are all dumb scifi nerds that will just eat anything star wars up, a major miscalculation by kk which is why she no longer deserves to be in charge

Yea pretty much. It?s hilarious really. She didn?t have to do that. Nobody likes being force fed stuff. I?d never seen Star Wars this low in appeal. Yes I?ll bring up the PT cause people say it was soooooo awful and yes it was bad and had crap dialogue but it still gained a following over the years and lots of people love ROTS. It didn?t destroy Star Wars like this did. Mando is the only thing keeping the franchise from dying

Yea pretty much. It?s hilarious really. She didn?t have to do that. Nobody likes being force fed stuff. I?d never seen Star Wars this low in appeal. Yes I?ll bring up the PT cause people say it was soooooo awful and yes it was bad and had crap dialogue but it still gained a following over the years and lots of people love ROTS. It didn?t destroy Star Wars like this did. Mando is the only thing keeping the franchise from dying

Sometimes I think you only say this to maintain some sort of cred with people here, I'm not sure you're a believer. Go on, admit it, you truly, deeply love the PT. *as Across the Stars crescendos*

I am all for them having a redo with the ST but only if they remake the PT.

My best friend and I have been hoping for a redo of the PT for a long time. You can use the same basic story.. Just make good movies out of it.

Seriously.. I would be 100% fine with them finding and burning every copy of the ST if they would remake the PT into a quality trilogy that matches up with the feel and quality of the OT. Let Lucas have some say but keep him far away from the directors chair.

While they are at burning all those ST films it would be nice to give us 4K version of the original OT films also.

I would be 100% fine with a six film series that was close to as solid as ANH and ESB.

Hell I would even give up RO also for a good remake of the PT.

I am all for them having a redo with the ST but only if they remake the PT.

My best friend and I have been hoping for a redo of the PT for a long time. You can use the same basic story.. Just make good movies out of it.

Seriously.. I would be 100% fine with them finding and burning every copy of the ST if they would remake the PT into a quality trilogy that matches up with the feel and quality of the OT. Let Lucas have some say but keep him far away from the directors chair.

While they are at burning all those ST films it would be nice to give us 4K version of the original OT films also.

I would be 100% fine with a six film series that was close to as solid as ANH and ESB.

Hell I would even give up RO also for a good remake of the PT.

The PT will never be remade while George Lucas is alive, it would be the ultimate disrespect to even broach the idea. And yet the saga would arguably benefit greater from them being remade than the tacked-on, irrelevant ST. Those are easier to simply disregard. But look, this is my attitude at this point - and Jye will love this reference, it's his favourite Stallone movie -

https://youtu.be/nGuVTw01vrM?t=53

Oh I don't know.. George sold off his films because of the massive backlash he had.

I agree that people came around to the PT a bit more. I think some of that had to do with a lot of blockbuster films story quality taking a nose dive. Its much easier to accept ROTS when Transformers 2,3,4,5, the Mummy Movies, Fast and Furious franchise, and other dreck are out there.

As for the ST being a failure.

Adjusted for inflation

#11 TFA beats out #19 TPM

#44 TLJ beats out #70 ROTS

#88 TROS beats out #100 TCW

That's the ST $2,161,601,843 to the PT $1,903,095,724

I don't post these numbers because I am saying that its proof that the ST was better then the PT.. I just don't think that the ST was this huge failure.

I do think that expectations went way up after TFA was the number one movie of all time (not adjusted for inflation) and TLJ hurt any chance of TROS making much bigger bank.

IMO all the issues with the ST begin and end at TLJ. TROS really didn't have a chance after that. Even if the story was to everyone's liking. I really think it was TLJ that killed everyone's excitement. I think that had TLJ been a decent film, TROS would have been much bigger and more well liked even if it was the same exact movie with the exact same problems (See ROTJ)

The drop from TFA at #11 to TROS to #88 really shows that. The same could be said for TPM having a bad impact on the next two film of the PT. going from #19 to TCW #100. Yes ROTS went back up to #70 but that is not even that big of a jump being that it was the film that was finally giving us what we wanted to see and the return of Vader.

As for the lack of interest in the ST.

I really don't know much about that. I don't collect ST or PT items. I don't read the books or comics. Is Disney even allowing people to write books right now?? That could be a reason that books are not flying off the shelves? IDK. Comic sales are down all over the place.

As for Halloween costumes.. LOL I don't see anything except OT.. And I see very little of that.

There is just too much competition for kids attention these days.

Time will tell if young kids today hold up the ST like the young kids of yesterday now hold up the PT. I don't know if they will... Do girls hold onto or collect as much as boys do??? Having the ST center around a female hero in a series that mostly has the male market being the ones who continue to buy and collect does not bode well.

The massive hate for the ST seems to come from those who grew up with and loved the PT.. Much like the hate of the PT came from those that loved the OT.

I would say that OT fans seem to be overall unhappy with both. Even I only really enjoyed TROS and that is because it was the one film in the ST that embraced being a fun adventure. It was problematic for sure but as I have always said so are most SW movies in the saga accept for the first two films.

Hell I am even a grumpy bastard when it comes to The Mandalorian.. I think its average at best so far and its popularity revolves solely around Baby Yoda.

IMO the best thing to come out of any of the post SW films was parts of TPM, the last 30 min of RO, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and many parts of TROS, and TCW tv show.

Everything else is very Meh.

But its all been a very a big money maker.

Well except for Solo :lol

:lol :lol :lol

They might not be remaking the PT anytime soon but they sure have been reimagining them bit by bit

Allow me to present exhibit A:

PT: SBD were lame

Mando:SBD are scary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I don't know.. George sold off his films because of the massive backlash he had.

I agree that people came around to the PT a bit more. I think some of that had to do with a lot of blockbuster films story quality taking a nose dive. Its much easier to accept ROTS when Transformers 2,3,4,5, the Mummy Movies, Fast and Furious franchise, and other dreck are out there.

As for the ST being a failure.

Adjusted for inflation

#11 TFA beats out #19 TPM

#44 TLJ beats out #70 ROTS

#88 TROS beats out #100 TCW

That's the ST $2,161,601,843 to the PT $1,903,095,724

I don't post these numbers because I am saying that its proof that the ST was better then the PT.. I just don't think that the ST was this huge failure.

I do think that expectations went way up after TFA was the number one movie of all time (not adjusted for inflation) and TLJ hurt any chance of TROS making much bigger bank.

IMO all the issues with the ST begin and end at TLJ. TROS really didn't have a chance after that. Even if the story was to everyone's liking. I really think it was TLJ that killed everyone's excitement. I think that had TLJ been a decent film, TROS would have been much bigger and more well liked even if it was the same exact movie with the exact same problems (See ROTJ)

The drop from TFA at #11 to TROS to #88 really shows that. The same could be said for TPM having a bad impact on the next two film of the PT. going from #19 to TCW #100. Yes ROTS went back up to #70 but that is not even that big of a jump being that it was the film that was finally giving us what we wanted to see and the return of Vader.

As for the lack of interest in the ST.

I really don't know much about that. I don't collect ST or PT items. I don't read the books or comics. Is Disney even allowing people to write books right now?? That could be a reason that books are not flying off the shelves? IDK. Comic sales are down all over the place.

As for Halloween costumes.. LOL I don't see anything except OT.. And I see very little of that.

There is just too much competition for kids attention these days.

Time will tell if young kids today hold up the ST like the young kids of yesterday now hold up the PT. I don't know if they will... Do girls hold onto or collect as much as boys do??? Having the ST center around a female hero in a series that mostly has the male market being the ones who continue to buy and collect does not bode well.

The massive hate for the ST seems to come from those who grew up with and loved the PT.. Much like the hate of the PT came from those that loved the OT.

I would say that OT fans seem to be overall unhappy with both. Even I only really enjoyed TROS and that is because it was the one film in the ST that embraced being a fun adventure. It was problematic for sure but as I have always said so are most SW movies in the saga accept for the first two films.

Hell I am even a grumpy bastard when it comes to The Mandalorian.. I think its average at best so far and its popularity revolves solely around Baby Yoda.

IMO the best thing to come out of any of the post SW films was parts of TPM, the last 30 min of RO, Ben Solo/Kylo Ren and many parts of TROS, and TCW tv show.

Everything else is very Meh.

But its all been a very a big money maker.

Well except for Solo :lol

Great post

The PT will never be remade while George Lucas is alive, it would be the ultimate disrespect to even broach the idea. And yet the saga would arguably benefit greater from them being remade than the tacked-on, irrelevant ST. Those are easier to simply disregard. But look, this is my attitude at this point - and Jye will love this reference, it's his favourite Stallone movie -

https://youtu.be/nGuVTw01vrM?t=53

Yep... Agree 100%

Jye - First Blood and Rocky are way better then Cop Land.

Jye - First Blood and Rocky are way better then Cop Land.

Very true please forgive a-dev he is a child of the 90s

Ok I am out of this for to long..

SBD????

That?s ok if you don?t know it.

I mean Khev would know it.

But that?s ok don?t feel bad.

Super Battle Droids

Very true please forgive a-dev he is a child of the 90s

AiZ8ChC.gif

I don't think there is any doubt that Kennedy is gone at the end of her contract. She will of course be allowed announce her departure as a personal choice of some sort. The big questions now are 1) will Favreau get the job and 2) will Kennedy projects be dismissed or even rebuked as no longer officially cannon?

Back