Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One explanation I've seen for Rey winning every fight is that Kylo didn't WANT to defeat her. From the start he's offering to train her.

Makes sense, but if that's true they could have made it more obvious on-screen.

IS that even confirmed. That fight in TFA seemed like more of a "to the death" fight. I'm pretty damn sure if someone was superior in sword combat then the other and wanted to train the other, the master would look pretty stupid getting slashed across the face.

it's like taking MMA classes for the first time and kicking your instructor's ass . Makes no damn sense. That's just a silly excuse for poor writing

Considering Rey was a Palpatine, she's obviously stronger. Only she could take out Palpatine, not Kylo, who was tossed aside like trash. Hell, Rey suffer no injuries in the entire trilogy, unlike Luke or Anakin. The fact that they were maybe evenly matched when they were fighting for the lightsaber and it was a draw, shows how naturally superior she was to Kylo. He'd been training his whole life. Rey in the other hand, no training. It's not even a question that Rey was far superior. If anything, she was holding back against Kylo most of the time after TFA.

Rey being a palpatine makes her super strong? Vader killed the emperor or "killed" him. Palpatine feared vader would turn on him one day so he made the suit restrictive. Vader was more powerful and palpatine knew it. How come Vader's off spring weren't super powerful? They still needed training. Luke lost plenty of times and didn't know how to use a lightsaber.

Just lazy writing. No way around it really. Nothing you can really do will make sense of it all. Her being related to Papls makes her immine to anything? Please. Even PAlps got his ass kicked by Mace, yoda and vader. He's far from God like.

Come on people im not even a hardcore Star Wars OT fan and even I see the red flags lmao

STOP. Nobody knew if he wants to train her. What part in the movie did it say he wanted to train and bring her back alive. Please don't say you read it in a comic book or another form of literature cause thats lazy.

Kylo Ren, TFA final duel: ?You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force!?

Rey being a palpatine makes her super strong? Vader killed the emperor or "killed" him. Palpatine feared vader would turn on him one day so he made the suit restrictive. Vader was more powerful and palpatine knew it. How come Vader's off spring weren't super powerful? They still needed training. Luke lost plenty of times and didn't know how to use a lightsaber.

Just lazy writing. No way around it really. Nothing you can really do will make sense of it all. Her being related to Papls makes her immine to anything? Please. Even PAlps got his ass kicked by Mace, yoda and vader. He's far from God like.

Come on people im not even a hardcore Star Wars OT fan and even I see the red flags lmao

Rey does have a plot armor like Batman and Super Cap. Vader has no feats to suggest he was stronger than Palpatine. Yoda didn't beat Palpatine at all. He was rescued by Jimmy Smits and his pimp flying car. As far as Mace Windu, yes, he loss to him, according to Lucas. I guess Mace was supposed to be the Michael Jordan of the Jedi. :lol Anakin loss to Obi Wan too, who in the same movie couldn't handle Dooku, but Anakin could easily. :lol It's a complete cluster ****. Still, Palpatine has always been depicted as the strongest and Vader as a could have been greater...maybe, but never reached his full potential. Vade/Anakin is all about potential, or wasted talent. That's his legacy. Luke in the pre Disney comics and books was far superior than Anakin, but that's all gone now. Diesney Luke was a stepping stone for Disney's perfect creation, Rey Star Wars.

yKz6adO.jpg

Rey does have a plot armor like Batman and Super Cap. Vader has no feats to suggest he was stronger than Palpatine. Yoda didn't beat Palpatine at all. He was rescued by Jimmy Smits and his pimp flying car. As far as Mace Windu, yes, he loss to him, according to Lucas. I guess Mace was supposed to be the Michael Jordan of the Jedi. :lol Anakin loss to Obi Wan too, who in the same movie couldn't handle Dooku, but Anakin could easily. :lol It's a complete cluster ****. Still, Palpatine has always been depicted as the strongest and Vader as a could have been greater...maybe, but never reached his full potential. Vade/Anakin is all about potential, or wasted talent. That's his legacy. Luke in the pre Disney comics and books was far superior than Anakin, but that's all gone now. Diesney Luke was a stepping stone for Disney's perfect creation, Rey Star Wars.

It is a cluster ****. I just find it funny how some believe the ST is fixed cause of this movie though. Far from it. It's still a broken mess. I don't blame this movie tho. TLJ ruined what JJ planned out. Which is why I wonder why in the hell they got another director to headline a saga set up by another director. COuld you imagine if LOTR did that. Yes LOTR is a book but still could you imagine. Anyway I'm done ranting about Star wars ST. Jye's ROTS diss triggered me.

I was 15 when that came out. It's dear to me lmao

Yoda could have won against Palps. In fact I found it silly him escaping the fight arena just because he fell. He matched Palps both in sword fighting and force use. He wasn't injured. Yet he escaped just because he fell, like a child.
Kylo clearly defeated Rey in Endor moon, BTW.
Lastly, Kenobi unable to beat Dooku but able to beat Anakin is possible. A better fighter does not mean he always wins. Better fighter wins most of the time, not all the time. Besides, there is this rock-scissors-paper thing.

Yes, everyone knows Jedi fight better while high. Look at Jedi Master K'anu Reefer!

Grabs popcorn. Also that ST positive thread died real quick

That is because there is balance in this thread: 78% of the people here hate it, 42% are "meh", and 123% loved it... but 172% hated it. I'm using Disney JJ math, so don't look at the numbers too closely.

Nothing involving Rey carries any weight or drama. She wins every fight, flies and repairs every ship, moves every rock, discovers every power, etc etc etc. She doesn't even die when she is dead.

That's because she has the new improved Feminized Force - blow up the universe and rebuild it all without breaking a sweat! She can't help it if she's awesome, it's the age of women. :monkey3

FORCEd incest is... best...? :dunno

It is a cluster ****. I just find it funny how some believe the ST is fixed cause of this movie though. Far from it. It's still a broken mess. I don't blame this movie tho. TLJ ruined what JJ planned out. Which is why I wonder why in the hell they got another director to headline a saga set up by another director. COuld you imagine if LOTR did that. Yes LOTR is a book but still could you imagine. Anyway I'm done ranting about Star wars ST. Jye's ROTS diss triggered me.

I was 15 when that came out. It's dear to me lmao

Han's Ghost appears: "Hey kid, it's okay. We're all dead now, resting in peace. Disney fixed us real good like. And we the actors made out like... well... pirates, too. How much did you make last year? And how much did you spend on Han Solo - how much of your money do I have now? Yeah, Disney fixed us real good like, we ain't hurtin any."

Yoda could have won against Palps. In fact I found it silly him escaping the fight arena just because he fell. He matched Palps both in sword fighting and force use. He wasn't injured. Yet he escaped just because he fell, like a child.
Kylo clearly defeated Rey in Endor moon, BTW.
Lastly, Kenobi unable to beat Dooku but able to beat Anakin is possible. A better fighter does not mean he always wins. Better fighter wins most of the time, not all the time. Besides, there is this rock-scissors-paper thing.

Okay, I'm going to try to work this rock-paper-scissors thing out... So Obi-Wan (High Ground Version) trumps Vader, Vader trumps Palpatine, Palpatine trumps Yoda, Yoda trumps Jar-Jar, who does Trump trump again?:panic:

Now don't anyone upset Darth Vader by fighting one another... he might get up and say "NOOOOOO"!

When Rey stabbed Kylo/Ben with her lightsaber (which I presume was a killing blow) after he had bested her and then inexplicably dropped his guard (from what I can tell Rey didn?t know about the Leia distraction until later) was that not her literally succumbing to the dark side and striking him down in anger. It didn?t look like self defence and she didn?t even need Chancellor Palpatine or equivalent goading her on ?do it?. She struck him down whilst he was defenceless and was not even conflicted about doing so. It?s irrelevant that she put a force band aid over it afterwards, no harm done ... because the harm was not caused by the physical action but by her making the conscious decision to kill a defenceless opponent?

When Rey stabbed Kylo/Ben with her lightsaber (which I presume was a killing blow) after he had bested her and then inexplicably dropped his guard (from what I can tell Rey didn?t know about the Leia distraction until later) was that not her literally succumbing to the dark side and striking him down in anger. It didn?t look like self defence and she didn?t even need Chancellor Palpatine or equivalent goading her on ?do it?. She struck him down whilst he was defenceless and was not even conflicted about doing so. It?s irrelevant that she put a force band aid over it afterwards, no harm done ... because the harm was not caused by the physical action but by her making the conscious decision to kill a defenceless opponent?

That?s a great point.

What an evil B****! lol

I kid I kid.

Here is what I think happened.

She knew she had to do something super drastic to finally change Kylo into Ben and that was as drastic as it gets

He didn?t know she was going to heal him but she knew.

So it?s really irrelevant if she knew Leia was distracting him or not she knew what needed to be done.

So can it be argued that she was using the dark side sure it can but ultimately I think she did that in the service of saving Kylo and not about embracing the dark side like Anakin.

See I answered that without having to resort to Mary Sue this and Mary Sue that as the be all easy answer on why to hate Rey lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Rey gave in to the Dark Side in that moment, similar to Luke just wailing on a beaten Vader and chopping off his hand at the end of ROTJ. Just like Luke however she was able recompose herself and do the right thing before actually following through with killing her opponent.

I think Rey gave in to the Dark Side in that moment, similar to Luke just wailing on a beaten Vader and chopping off his hand at the end of ROTJ. Just like Luke however she was able recompose herself and do the right thing before actually following through with killing her opponent.

Hmm

In other words she initially wasn?t thinking of saving Kylo it was all dark side anger and frustration BUT then immediately after the critical blow she thought of it as a way to finally save Ben.

That also works for me.

Look I?ll continue to defend this movie even though I didn?t like it because at least it allows me to make fun of ROTS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm

In other words she initially wasn?t thinking of saving Kylo it was all dark side anger and frustration BUT then immediately after the critical blow she thought of it as a way to finally save Ben.

Yeah I think seeing him just all calm and dying snapped her out of her funk and she realized that she had done a terrible thing. So she healed him and then immediately flew off to Ach-To to forever prevent herself from ever making such a mistake again.

It's pretty cool how that duel effected them and how they each needed an OT character to guide them back into the fight.

Last edited:
Back